Sign in to follow this  
tmarchuk

[RELEASED] QualityDamageTooltips Mod (Client/Server) - v0.4 (May 20)

This is a client/server mod to add quality and damage information to the tooltip when hovering over structures (walls, fences, bridges, etc.) as well as ground items (forges, carts, tents, single dropped items, etc.) It requires Ago's client and server modloaders.

Updated May 20, 2016 to version 0.4. Requires the newest client (0.4) and server (0.19) modloaders and uses bdew's ModComm API to send the data between the client/server so it no longer creates chat windows if you are missing the client. 0.3 still works with the older modloader if for some reason you can't update.

Latest Release on github

Readme on github

Changelog on github

Background

I created it for my own benefit as I am new to Wurm and was annoyed having to hit examine to see how a structure I was imping was changing. I'm releasing it in case anyone else wants similar functionality. I don't have a ton of time but if you have change requests let me know.

Special thanks to:

• ago for making the modloader, posting all his code, and posting useful information about wurm unlimited modding. It was very helpful.
  • bdew for making several mods I use and also posting the code. Also for making the ModComm API and updating this mod for it.
  • joedobo for posting useful information about modding wurm unlimited.

Instructions (Copied from Readme link above)

• Client Installation
    • Download QualityDamageTooltipsClient.zip
    • Extract QualityDamageTooltipsClient.zip into wurm unlimited client folder (for example, C:/Program Files/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Wurm Unlimited/WurmLauncher). The QualityDamageTooltipsClient.jar file should end up in mods/QualityDamageTooltipsClient/QualityDamageTooltipsClient.jar
  • Server Installation
    • Download QualityDamageTooltipsServer.zip
    • Extract QualityDamageTooltipsServer.zip into wurm unlimited dedicated server folder (for example, C:/Program Files/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server). The QualityDamageTooltipsServer.jar file should end up in mods/QualityDamageTooltipsServer/QualityDamageTooltipsServer.jar.
  • Startup
    • Start the Wurm Dedicated Server and Wurm Client and enjoy!

Youtube video showing usage: https://youtu.be/spJjviVnx-A

Have fun!

-Tyson

Edited by tmarchuk
Updated to v0.4

Playing with this on our test server.   I like the idea and glad to see the mod's community is picking up again.  Keep up good work

If you have a paypal link for donations please post it up..   We always donate for the mods we use.

Updated to 0.4. Thanks to bdew for creating the ModComm API and updating this mod to use it.

• Like 1

running in production T.   Will report any issues we find.. doubtful we'll find any :) 

FYI -- I tested this with advanced tool tips mod and there are not conflicts.  They both work well together. 

• Like 1

I personally do not use this, however I think it is a great idea, and will suggest it to my players. Thank you tmarchuk for making some really quality mods sir!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xyp said:

I personally do not use this, however I think it is a great idea, and will suggest it to my players. Thank you tmarchuk for making some really quality mods sir!

Thank you for your kind words.

Can we expect an update for this?
It appears to have stopped working with the latest modlauncher for client/server and I miss the tooltips

Nermind, it appears it was a problem with my server's modlauncher installation

Still, please don't give up on this. :P

Edited by Zera

Is this mod still being supported? I loved it, and WU v1.8 seemed to have borked it for me.