Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

Branded Animals

The mayor should be able to unhitch branded animals. When players don't log on for days, or quit, those animals are stuck on carts and the carts stuck on deed until either the cart decays or the animals die. This can take a very long time or lose use of a good animal.

Also, "manage branded animals" should give the option of naming them.

Players also should have the option of individual branded animals, rather than deed branded animals. As it is now, it gives a disincentive to join someone else's village.

• Like 9

+3 as always your suggestions are top notch! and dealing with carts stuck ondeed is annoying, having to pack the tile to kill the horses then push it offdeed... ugh freaking annoying :(

+1 Yes, this aspect needs refining - good ideas put forward by Kelody.

This makes perfect sense, considering that the mayor is essentially the owner of branded animals anyway.

+1 as long as we speak of the mayor of the deed the horses branded to and not the mayor of where the horses are parked at.

3 hours ago, Jaz said:

+1 as long as we speak of the mayor of the deed the horses branded to and not the mayor of where the horses are parked at.

+1 to this idea. I don't want my branded animals being claimed by a mayor on a deed if I dc there.

3 hours ago, Jaz said:

+1 to that

15 hours ago, Kelody said:

Also, "manage branded animals" should give the option of naming them.

under manage animals if you click on them and manage permissions you can already name/rename em

2 hours ago, Deth666 said:

under manage animals if you click on them and manage permissions you can already name/rename em

It renames them the same way you rename an item: animal's base name remains, but gives an additional tag in brackets. 

4 hours ago, Deth666 said:

+1 to that

Only the mayor has the name box, other villagers don't. The only box on villagers is to give non-citizens rights to the animal.

Edited by Kelody

4 hours ago, Kelody said:

Only the mayor has the name box, other villagers don't. The only box on villagers is to give non-citizens rights to the animal.

Which is a problem in itself, frankly. Naming animals should be permissions-based like anything else.

+1 to give non mayor villagers the option to rename branded horses. My alt looks after my horses and it is a an inconvenience not to be able to name the horses.

• Like 1

Come on, if I can brand and manage, let me rename!

+1 to other points of the OP

While I do want this, I can see the problem from the Dev side. The current permission window only allows naming by owners (mayor). To change this for animals requires changing it for everything, or creating something new. Either a special case for animals, or a special owner owner permission to allow others to name objects. I personally have no issue with anyone with manage permission to an item being able to name it but I doubt everyone feels this way.

Can we get the option to personally brand animals we "care for"?

• Like 1