Sign in to follow this  
icbash

The Bitter Pill.

I know this is quite a late response and I am disappointed that we probably have lost Icbash, but we have been working towards a point that we could respond in some manner.  It has taken a lot of research involving at least two very bad cases to understand what was happening.  With the help of both the Developers, our Community Relations Coordinator, and enough GM work to drive any mentally healthy individual over the edge we have determined the problems relating to these cases. 

At this time our investigations are not 100% complete, but we have taken actions against the person responsible and so far they have not been able or possibly unwilling to provide any evidence to support their case.

Icbash if by chance you are still here, we would like to talk to you for case resolution, otherwise if you have understandably decided to leave us out of frustration as you stated earlier then good luck to you!

• Like 7

^ thanks for that response we're trying to get ahold of Icbash for you now as he had indeed quit the game over this.

Any other deeds...like say Kratos? being looked into that got hit by the same exploit?

i have direct contact with him, ill forward this to him.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Enki said:

I know this is quite a late response and I am disappointed that we probably have lost Icbash, but we have been working towards a point that we could respond in some manner.  It has taken a lot of research involving at least two very bad cases to understand what was happening.  With the help of both the Developers, our Community Relations Coordinator, and enough GM work to drive any mentally healthy individual over the edge we have determined the problems relating to these cases. 

At this time our investigations are not 100% complete, but we have taken actions against the person responsible and so far they have not been able or possibly unwilling to provide any evidence to support their case.

Icbash if by chance you are still here, we would like to talk to you for case resolution, otherwise if you have understandably decided to leave us out of frustration as you stated earlier then good luck to you!

Maurizio got ahold of me enki i can try to be on after work morrow around 6pm est for about a hour or so if not u can pm me on froums here to

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Enki said:

You could try emailing people with the email addressed they provide when registering accounts... Would stop certain "we couldn't reach you so we just took your stuff" situations happening also, neh?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aamanus said:

You could try emailing people with the email addressed they provide when registering accounts... Would stop certain "we couldn't reach you so we just took your stuff" situations happening also, neh?

Confusing - didn't the griefer already take the stuff?

I'm referring to other incidents where staff claimed inability to contact players - in my case removing my equipped weapon while I was offline so I was unarmed on a pvp server when I logged in.

Yet at no point did they email me, pm me on the forums etc (which would have also alerted me via email) and are instead waiting on players to actively check in on both the game and the forums.

5 hours ago, aamanus said:

I'm referring to other incidents where staff claimed inability to contact players - in my case removing my equipped weapon while I was offline so I was unarmed on a pvp server when I logged in.

Yet at no point did they email me, pm me on the forums etc (which would have also alerted me via email) and are instead waiting on players to actively check in on both the game and the forums.

Emailing you directly to the email addy associated with the in game acct. would have been the only way. Forum accts. here are NOT linked to game accts.  So if they were to PM your game name here on forum, there's no way they could know if they actually PM'd you or some other person in control of the forum acct. here with your game name.  In essence they could be tipping off your enemy to your situation, if your enemy has the forum acct. with your game name.  Linking the two has been a suggestion of mine here for years, never gotten any response from staff on the matter.

This situation has been resolved to my satisfaction , giving the CMs, GMs and Enki more tools to solve these issues faster and give them the awareness that they needed more resources. So this post has served its purpose. People need to stop beating a dead horse.

I'm totally fine, I don't mind if I get reimbursed or not. ill never ask for it ether.  The whole point of this is to bring awareness and to bring support for the better for wurm and its community. It has done that.

Could a moderator please lock this post?

• Like 7