Sign in to follow this  
icbash

The Bitter Pill.

If bashing is a problem (on Freedom) but the gods desire that trolls not be trapped by players, why not have trolls and other bashing brutes simply teleport away when they think they are trapped (any situation when they'd bash currently)?

On 4/27/2016 at 7:19 AM, Darmalus said:

If bashing is a problem (on Freedom) but the gods desire that trolls not be trapped by players, why not have trolls and other bashing brutes simply teleport away when they think they are trapped (any situation when they'd bash currently)?

Because teleporting is unrealistic mate.  Easy answer that was.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Depends on how it's implemented. If it's short range and only happens when not within sight of a player then it might as well be called Jumping. Considering their size it should certainly be a piece of cake for them to go over fences without having to break through them.

• Like 2

Why is even trolls brought up? This was a catapult job, was numerous piles of cata ammo at all the missing walls, come over to chaos sometimes and look at a deed that was raided, it is very easy to spot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Why is even trolls brought up? This was a catapult job, was numerous piles of cata ammo at all the missing walls, come over to chaos sometimes and look at a deed that was raided, it is very easy to spot.

train_derails.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox

LOL

8 hours ago, Slickshot said:

Wait, aren't you one of those who supports teleporting among servers?  Like, with entire ships and all?

21 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

Wait, aren't you one of those who supports teleporting among servers?  Like, with entire ships and all?

Two things.

Spoiler

1.  My comment was blatant sarcasm.

2.  Actually no.  I'm one of the people who argued against hopping within the same server by ship. lol  See thread below:

Edited by Slickshot

10 hours ago, enoofu said:

The only way to be safe from trolls and players abusing troll mechanics is to deed a island and have the deed covering deep water all around

And be at least 50 tiles from the nearest fordable tile... until someone creates their own island nearby. :ph34r:

This sounds like a case of "Or Lose It" because deeding it seems to have done ###### to protect it.

4 hours ago, Slickshot said:

Two things.

Hide contents

1.  My comment was blatant sarcasm.

2.  Actually no.  I'm one of the people who argued against hopping within the same server by ship. lol  See thread below:

M'bad, sorry.  Ppl get mixed up in me head =P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mordraug said:

M'bad, sorry.  Ppl get mixed up in me head =P

Happens all the time mate.  I had some lunatic accusing me of backing out of a toon-sale that apparently took place a couple years ago.  I've never bought or sold a toon, or had the desire to, but he sure thought I did.  Slandered my name up and down over his mistake. lol  No big deal.

Edited by Slickshot

On 4/27/2016 at 8:53 AM, Slickshot said:

Fog spiders.

4 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Sarcasm.

We need a sarcasm font. I'm missing out on some good jokes.

1 minute ago, LorraineJ said:

Edited for clarity.  See original sarcastic comment.

18 hours ago, LorraineJ said:

But it is right here!

How many more attempts are you going to make to derail this topic slick?

This is about someone's deed getting robbed with the use of catapults, nothing to do with teleporting or trolls including your comments.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

This is about someone's deed getting robbed with the use of catapults, nothing to do with teleporting or trolls including your comments.

Not really derailing when they can be used as a valid mechanics in raiding/detroying deeds in Freedom, especially trolls

Sad they never implemented trolls jumping over fences and removing bash on freedom

• Like 1

7 hours ago, enoofu said:

Not really derailing when they can be used as a valid mechanics in raiding/detroying deeds in Freedom, especially trolls

Sad they never implemented trolls jumping over fences and removing bash on freedom

Exactly.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I would believe that someone used an exploit with trolls over someone figuring out a bug that NOBODY has come forth with about a permission exploit.

3 hours ago, AlphaMaleAD said:

I would believe that someone used an exploit with trolls over someone figuring out a bug that NOBODY has come forth with about a permission exploit.

Before those bugs come out because someone ferreted them out, NOBODY had come forth with them -.-

I see in today's patch notes: 

• Only players with “Modify Building” will be able to catapult a friendly house

I take that to mean that prior to today's update, players without Modify Building *were* able to catapult a friendly house.  I hope somebody was banned and their game assets confiscated for exploiting this.

Edited by Gaffer
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I see in today's patch notes: 

• Only players with “Modify Building” will be able to catapult a friendly house

I take that to mean that prior to today's update, players without Modify Building *were* able to catapult a friendly house.  I hope somebody was banned and their game assets confiscated for exploiting this.

The only way they might have been able to do so is by using a bug.  Otherwise, no, the ability to catapult a building was only possible by the owner of the building or by the mayor of the deed which the building belonged to.

I was even surprised to read that houses on deeds on the PvE servers can even be catapulted at all. Some years back when it tried as mayor it had absolutely no effect. Just behind the times I guess.

=Ayes=