Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #16: Day at the races

28 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

(and not just me, other big names like Posteh have also wrote up large wall of texts doing so.)

Ok mister big name

LOL

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

Ok mister big name

LOL

if you like him or not, everyone knows him and when it comes to this kind of stuff he brings up value points almost everytime

same for zeke, but everyone hates zeke

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 3

I have a picture of him on the ceiling above my bed

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

if you like him or not, everyone knows him and when it comes to this kind of stuff he brings up value points almost everytime

i like zeke more than proph :^)

zeke's at least funny

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

6Gr8lIN.jpg

my big name's better

7c3ZMUX.png

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Quicktor said:

tumblr_lrodru3lIr1qf0m8a.gif

5 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

my big name's better

who is alexgmopen nobody even know

• Like 2

Just now, Stik said:

who is alexgmopen nobody even know

probably an alt

• Like 1

The goal is to work towards a more structured update schedule where all updates are given ample time on Test with patch notes posted when they go to Test so players are kept informed and can help with the testing or just poke curiously at things. This is what has been taking priority over PvP changes, as it has a great deal to do with how we would like to handle the changes coming

I guess it's important to make under the hood changes and test updates for a soon to be dead game. Haven't resubbed and won't until the changes are made.

JK gone, Rome gone, BL gone....guess gary will be the only one left lol

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

JK gone, Rome gone, BL gone....guess gary will be the only one left lol

dont forget gone gone

8 hours ago, Propheteer said:

(and not just me, other big names like Posteh have also wrote up large wall of texts doing so.

Most vocal perhaps, which is not really a big name. A big name is perhaps someone who has achieved something, didn't see that on chaos, maybe you did something on epic, but I don't play there.

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Most vocal perhaps, which is not really a big name. A big name is perhaps someone who has achieved something, didn't see that on chaos, maybe you did something on epic, but I don't play there.

kek

10 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

who are u LOL

Edited by Huntar

LorenaMontana called me a legend once, does that count for anything??

Edited by Slickshot

I know i am gonna take alot of hate for this... but bear with me as I am a newb and someone who will spend money on my new pasttime until Rolf boots me out the door.. and changes the locks..but i don't hear anybody talking about what we as players who love this game can do to help the[population problem.. we as players could certainly start adevertising to our friends and communities about how much we like this game and maybe the devs will alot us some one month free premium keys to hand out to get some players here..  WE all know the magic of this game but i see so much ###### ###### out there about our game and how its time consuming and all the rest of the malarky i hear about it.. of course it consumes time but what better reward can you have then doing something you really like.,. so lets quit blaming the dev team and related people and quit this ###### and start doing something to help this thi9ng that brings us here let the haters hate but lets not jump in the same pool they're pissing in and then drink the water.. come on guys ..l you aren't impressing me with your negativity and hate mongerring and its old ###### news that the numbers are done.. so do something about it and maybe the ROlf will help us along with some tools to catch old or new audiences..  like hell i here the same thing over and over like nobody knows.. don't kick a dying horse, outreach and hand and nurse it back to health.. and you should listen to me i am one of the new bloods you are trying to catch..yes the prize fish.. a new player.. and hell i luv this game and its the only one i return to over and over day after day with so much left to do, explore, talk and build.. come on guys leave the bs behind us we are better than that we are Wurmians through and through, and besides i would hate for a new player, like myself to come and see all the ###### thats been posted lately.....  i just would because it would give the wrong idea..i think..

Edited by Psalamon
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2016 at 10:29 PM, Keenan said:

Things will be happening in the near future.

Going to expand on this a little, because either people aren't reading or things aren't sinking in and the weekly trolling of the News is getting old.

The contracted positions were not specific to programming. They were specific to administration tasks that were left behind by the departures of Erik and Alex. So to ignorantly assume that because we are contracted and now have a miraculous 40 hours a week to spend on PvP changes is a bit dense and short-sighted. In all actuality you're breaking forum rules by intentionally soliciting an emotional response, which you've gotten.

My task specifically has to do with managing the code base as a whole and the game servers, which I have been doing. The goal is to work towards a more structured update schedule where all updates are given ample time on Test with patch notes posted when they go to Test so players are kept informed and can help with the testing or just poke curiously at things. This is what has been taking priority over PvP changes, as it has a great deal to do with how we would like to handle the changes coming. Do take note that I promised PvP changes will have time on Test to help ensure that they are proper before going live.

This isn't as simple as just setting some dates and such. It involves a new structure to our code repository and introducing a new way of doing things to the entire team. There's much more to the plan, but that's the essence of it.

I think it's about time to keep the constant checks on the status of the PvP changes off the news. It's not as if it hurries anything along and it simply helps to further drive a wedge in the player base. We know PvP needs help, we know it needs work. The departures and contracts shook things up a bit and have put a delay on what we had hoped to accomplish by now.

Must you always be so condescending when replying, while I hear you do great work assisting with the game, I can't help but but cringe every time I read most of your posts.

When it was decided to have weekly news and there is little to add, people are going to ask about their personal things they want to see week after week, just like every MMO on the planet, get used to it.

pvp is this game is dead, The Dev team won't state it. While PvP could be fun in this game there isn't enough money for the dev's to focus on it.  If they were smart they could keep the "chump change" pvp money by just finding their pair of balls and going back to a single home server and single pvp server.

• Like 1

Glad to see horses will be provided. We don't want bloodscythe trying to mail and reassemble horses again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luvable said:

Glad to see horses will be provided. We don't want bloodscythe trying to mail and reassemble horses again.

Maybe. But you'll have to admit... that is one feature that other games don't provide! :)