Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Building owner on examine

Carts, ships, animals all have a means of identifying an owner, but not buildings.  We really should have the building owner visible on examine.  Would make it easier for contacting people to discuss/negotiate in land disputes, moving into an area, or whatever.

• Like 6

Mayor should be able to figure this out on deed, regardless of server.

Not sure how this could be a bad thing on chaos, unless someone is trying to spoof the enemy.

I'm sorry, but no; is a sandbox, people prefer to be anonymous sometimes, ownership on mobile things, like carts, animals or boats is different; ownership on houses should be shown only and only when the owner decides so (and rename the said house with his name, Batman's shed or Ali Baba's palace).

Any dicussion can be initiated placing a sign with a message next to a house, and owner can contact you back, if he wants.

• Like 1

+1

in most cases where a house has been placed by a new person and you would like to help them to relocate or make them a limited member of your deed, this would be very helpful.

In the case of people who are holding it to reserve land, be a pita, cause trouble I say why not! If your willing to put it there in the first place then you should be willing to face the consequences of having your name on it. 

It might actually cause some people to think twice before places buildings down just to cause trouble. Let the planner and the current owner be listed. 

Do what you want, but know that your name will be on it for all to see.

• Like 5

+1, had serious problems due to this in past when I bought a deed. Crossing server is easier nowadays but still need to know who is the owner of the building.
Only reason to hide it would be to conduct some malicious activities in the building :P

• Like 2

why would you ever care about that on pvp

8 minutes ago, Ohana said:

In the case of people who are holding it to reserve land, be a pita, cause trouble I say why not! If your willing to put it there in the first place then you should be willing to face the consequences of having your name on it. 

It might actually cause some people to think twice before places buildings down just to cause trouble. Let the planner and the current owner be listed. 

Or they will just use an alt to hold the house, as they do for other things; and if not, only starting fights over who/why built that gate, safe house and so on.

I agree, on deed, the mayor should always be able to see who owns a house, though, would make sense and avoid a lot of troubles when buying a place only to find out some houses are locked and you have no clue to whom they belong.

I agree with Evening.  Anonymity by choice is one of the freedoms people enjoy playing this game.  I do not want enemy kingdoms on PvP servers to be able to see the sig on my houses either.

If you want to know who owns a house, examine the large cart, small cart or rowboat that usually resides nearby.

I really don't think this would be useful (even apart from thoughts on 'free to choose anonimity' and such). I have several deeds, and more buildings on those deeds. And I make it a point never to let any of my main or semi-mains be owner of anything, be it buildings or deeds themselves (or even fencegates). All go to alts as owners (alts who stay at the spot so can simply log in and quickly change perms etc as desired, without any traveling by mains involved). This is not done to 'hide my name' from anyone (though I do appreciate that possibility existing), but simply to keep my mains free from any ties so they can go and jump in and work where I need or want them. Fences to bash down somewhere, or walls? Never a problem, the 'free-of-ties' main can simply join the village where it's needed, do what is needed, and leave again for another place needing him/her.

Result if suggestion would get implemented: you would hardly ever see a name showing up which you could actually then get a hold of (bar the maybe two minutes every so often that such an alt-owner happens to jump online for something). The names you would see don't have forumaccounts either. They would need to be named something like 'Kianga's exo-alt' or the likes to give a lead to who you *could*  try to reach. I don't give them names like that... (same reasoning also goes for showing 'maker/planner of buildings' by the way: very easy to make that useless too).

some information is better than absolutely no information.  Good point, but I'd still like it.

+1