Hey guys, recently started playing Eve Online again. Since this game doesn't seem to change despite overwhelming support in favor of many things that will help move the direction of the PvP servers in a better direction, I'm more than likely just going to let my sub lapse until they fix the game. 

With that said!
Anyone is welcome to join me in playing Eve Online. My ingame character name is Joey Aele.
Generally there's some misconceptions on the game that I guess I should clear up. I am not in any sort of blobbing alliance, we're based out of Wormhole space, which generally is considered moreso "endgame" content, but due to us having a C1 static ( which is the easiest type of wormhole! ) my corporation is very new player friendly. 
I know there's a bunch of Wurm guys that already do play and are participating in blobbing alliances ( I used to be CFC as well, before their obvious death, FCing in a larger alliance was actually pretty fun ) so I would urge you to join me with a smaller entity where you're not just anchoring up and killing anything by sheer numbers.

People often think that in this game you needed to join years ago to get ahead. Well, not really true. I could start a new account and start going out and getting simple things like solo ceptor kills with a T1 frig in probably a week, ezpz.
What you want to do in Eve is specialize, don't dip your feet in every bucket you can, just focus on one race, one ship you might want to fly, and generally, you'll get into things with decent efficiency fairly quickly for the early on stuff like frigates and destroyers. The biggest wall to get into the game is getting "core" skills up.

My corp is mainly PvP oriented, and from what I've seen we generally fight with about 5-8 people.
(got shrekt the last two fights by ~2x our numbers)

This video here was about the second day I joined this WH corp, where we separated an enemy fleet from their home wormhole, about 6 of them in their home, and 3 stuck on the other side. We upshipped into our Tech 3 fleet, I got into something fast, and we split their fleet as only 3/4 could jump through.

If you're interested in trying the game, create an account here, or if you're already playing and interested in trying something new, PM Joey Aele. 
Hope some of you Wurm guys give Eve a try, especially the ones frustrated about the state of Wurm PvP (idc what alliance/cluster you're from, it's a different game).

• Like 1

eeeeeeve oh my god don't remind me this game exists

and I just resubbed wurm wtf

9 minutes ago, Fireflyb said:

eeeeeeve oh my god don't remind me this game exists

and I just resubbed wurm wtf

the goons are dying long live Eve.
in a serious note, depending on how long you've been gone for there's been many new changes, a few strong faction ships introduced, T2 frigate logi, T3 destroyers, Command Destroyers, fun stuff.
T3 destroyers are a great bang for their buck / SP requirement.

I seen a note about a geddon not neuting, this is in a wh, most likely if it was one of our geddon fits, its fully plated with no other fittings to speak of, it is meant to jump in burn back to hole and fire up the 100mwd and close the hole with its huge mass.

36 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

I seen a note about a geddon not neuting, this is in a wh, most likely if it was one of our geddon fits, its fully plated with no other fittings to speak of, it is meant to jump in burn back to hole and fire up the 100mwd and close the hole with its huge mass.

It was a PvP geddon for the fleet v fleet they were doing previously. It was neuting our T3s before on their side of the hole.
You can hear me call "I'll be warping off fairly soon" because I figured he'd neut me so that my MWD turns off ( which he did, after my fleet had landed secondary point ) so that the drones catch up. 

It was about a 13 v 7, if I recall correctly. Them having more numbers, us having T3s instead of a T1/T2 cruiser/BS mix.
Cut out fluff, kept the video short and sweet.

Geddon fit:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/53354978/

e2: our fleet says 12 but we multibox logi

Edited by Stik
  • Like 1

I tried to get back into Eve recently.  took me a couple hours to get a feel for it and then realized it reminded me of traveling on Xanadu.

• Like 1

I think that both Wurm and EVE are waiting-based games, the biggest difference is how this waiting looks like - in Wurm it is based on actual playtime and actions you do, while in EVE you need to wait real-time for skils training - from 3-4 weeks for specialized frigates, few months for specialized cruisers, up to years for the biggest capital ships. :)

2 hours ago, Warlander said:

I think that both Wurm and EVE are waiting-based games, the biggest difference is how this waiting looks like - in Wurm it is based on actual playtime and actions you do, while in EVE you need to wait real-time for skils training - from 3-4 weeks for specialized frigates, few months for specialized cruisers, up to years for the biggest capital ships. :)

They recently introduced skill injectors/extractors that can be purchased both ingame and out of game, so the waiting time to "catch up" can easily be gone around with actively playing and making money to buy skill injectors. A further patch coming in a few weeks they will be giving all players 10000 SP per day for just undocking and killing a single NPC, making the initial grind far less time consuming for new players.

Wish the same sort of progress could be seen here but so far all i've seen in the proposals (and not actual changes) are just not enough.

I play in Dreddit and am probably gonna resub soon let's be honest

Goons against 30 huge alliances in world war bee

Game is finally being fun again and the huge powers are crumbling like they do in a movie ;^)

• Like 2

I made the mistake of selling my 100m+ SP account to buy an account here.....Now all my buddies in TEST are having fun without me.

5 minutes ago, Velas said:

I made the mistake of selling my 100m+ SP account to buy an account here.....Now all my buddies in TEST are having fun without me.

Don't believe the propaganda, they aint having as much fun as they claim :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cornchips said:

I play in Dreddit and am probably gonna resub soon let's be honest

Goons against 30 huge alliances in world war bee

Game is finally being fun again and the huge powers are crumbling like they do in a movie ;^)

wouldn't miss it, I hear goons are the new small gang, have a lot of my small gang crew joining them to fight the blob ( sounds weird ) 
I get the same luxury, as well as the invitation to fly with them still, I only miss out on the sweet SRP. 

Bought a few skill injectors recently to pop myself into Munnins / Vagas, very efficient, and I can't see their price going much lower than it is now, but I suppose we'll see. 
Sad to hear you sold for your account Velas. 100m SP accounts are sick
unless you were some miner elite or something lame but nah you don't seem the type

Heading up to Wicked Creek to send TEST your regards, Velas - lets hope they still live there.
( last time I was there I popped 100m+ worth of cargo containers under couple barges that had the means to kill my faction frig, was hilarious though ) 
slicer mix tape best mix tape

15 minutes ago, Stik said:

wouldn't miss it, I hear goons are the new small gang, have a lot of my small gang crew joining them to fight the blob ( sounds weird ) 
I get the same luxury, as well as the invitation to fly with them still, I only miss out on the sweet SRP. 

Bought a few skill injectors recently to pop myself into Munnins / Vagas, very efficient, and I can't see their price going much lower than it is now, but I suppose we'll see. 
Sad to hear you sold for your account Velas. 100m SP accounts are sick
unless you were some miner elite or something lame but nah you don't seem the type

Heading up to Wicked Creek to send TEST your regards, Velas - lets hope they still live there.
( last time I was there I popped 100m+ worth of cargo containers under couple barges that had the means to kill my faction frig, was hilarious though ) 
slicer mix tape best mix tape

All subcap skills with almost maxed leadership, played since 2006. I just checked the account on eveboard and it appears it was sucked dry via extractors. Goodnight sweet prince.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Jiraid_Chu

Edited by Velas
grammars

140854de50.jpg
oooo baby

solo caracal from null-to-null is so much more fun than getting stuck in one of those entry systems like I kept doing in Provi. 
I was isk positive before I undocked the ship, having beaten off a 5-6 man interceptor fleet ( im a direct counter ) each of them warping off in structure while holding scrams on me, until the last tried to warp off, and I burnt after him & killed him

Tackled a skiff, 4 reloads before this screenshot. on the 5th reload, thrasher stratios land.
Stratios alone can easily cap me out allowing the skiff to get away, but I just sort of MWD'd away from him to the other side of the skiff while holding point.

I guess it bought me enough time to reload, lower my sodium levels, pop the skiff, quickly pop the thrasher, and then at 50% shields - try to burn away with heated MWD & adaptive invulnerability field. I popped on the second pulse of aligned & heated MWD @ 20KM from the stratios.

tldr:
so pretty much because mining is terribad this guy has to mine for like 10 hours to recover his loss and my loss is covered in like 40 minutes tops.

next time i hope to take something brawly but this was an easy contract buy.
this ends my bad luck solo spree, on to greener pastures.

Been quite awhile since I logged into to play seriously. Was around 86M skill points.

time for a bump methinks

LWKE0pc.jpg

I'm very slowly warming up toward the idea of returning on a f2p basis.

Just gonna drop this in here because this was my first attempt ever at eve pvp.... I was the bait :<

• Like 1

i love eve online i oddly only play a few months, but pay almost yearly for training..   and i've now been part of and pandemic horde family. very huge corp. and big fights . i missed last 3. but last yr in dec. i was there3 for a 300 vs 200 fight. missed the huge over 5000 player fight only cus i went to buy me son an xbox one. i got to see the chat and the vids of the end of the fight.

it's a game thats good to play while playing wurm.  in eve your safe in station. easy alt tab. in space.  if in huge alliance. safeish. just listen well, while alt tabbing and wurming.  but pvp time of course you need to dedicate .  and free to play to a point like wurm. can do almost everything. just not as good. but join up with 10 newbs free to play, and go kill 2-3 prem players, just for fun. 

Pandem family for life

was playing foxhole and saw rolandT in the same game lol. 

Foxhole Lit tho