Sign in to follow this  
zorako

Venerable horse lost a trait

At Yoitsu Medow on Independence I had a 5 speed gold horse "Daisystrong" . She is cared for by a player who has not played in years. She has always had 5 speed traits , and has produced 5 speed offspring .

Today She only has 4 speed traits [06:39:11] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.

I do not think animals lose traits so this must be a bug.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm wondering if the problem is the trait disappearing, or people being unable to examine it. Is the "lightning speed" trait showing up for anyone else? I can't check at the moment, but I will later. If it's an issue with examine, it should be happening to everyone, but I can't fathom why a horse would actually lose a trait.

Do you have any examine text in your logs from the last time you looked at her?  The examine doesn't include a name but hopefully you lead her or smiled at her and then did an examine at some time?

I went thru the logs I have and it seems horse had only 4 traits in the last 6 months . no logs before that because windows and all software had to be  reinstalled after a crash.

Must have changed long time ago and I didn't notice, it was my first horse, so I know it had 5 speed traits 3 years ago but not anymore.

On 4/23/2016 at 0:05 AM, zorako said:

I went thru the logs I have and it seems horse had only 4 traits in the last 6 months . no logs before that because windows and all software had to be  reinstalled after a crash.

Must have changed long time ago and I didn't notice, it was my first horse, so I know it had 5 speed traits 3 years ago but not anymore.

The devs have confirmed that there is no 'known' event that would remove or add a trait to a horse after it has been born.

The only normal gameplay changes are bless (regarding the corrupt trait) and genesis (which removes bad traits).

In order to keep a paper trail of animals and their traits, you can emote at them, then examine.  This would add the information to your logs for investigation later.  I had my neighbor doing this weekly because she kept telling me her horses changed from female to male.