Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

best wood for barrels

ok so I have "half" of my vineyard in, what I would like to know is what wood do you guys recommend for making barrels for wine,  I would naturally say oak, but I need to know what the consensus is on barrels to store wine into, and the second part of this question is this, how many grapes do you get per plant is it only 1 or do you get more than that per vine over the harvest, just asking as i'm keen to get plenty of wine grapes in for wine, (it's still my goal to open up a public server, hence the reason why i'm asking so many questions, my town will become a starter town for others to reach into and out from)

thanks a lot everyone for your help

Only 1 grape per harvest (or 1 item for any tree). Containers that would take decay because they aren't on deed should be made from cedar which is most resistant to decay.

ok  they will definitely be on deed, without doubt.

Using oak in wine barrels supposedly gives a bonus.

1 hour ago, Klaa said:

Using oak in wine barrels supposedly gives a bonus.

can anyone confirm this please?

45 minutes ago, ozmods said:

can anyone confirm this please?

Unfortunately, only one player ever told me this, and not a 100% sure they weren't screwing around.

On 12/5/2015 at 8:12 PM, Ostentatio said:

In Item.Poll(), specifically the section related to wine's "positive decay", there is a bonus value based on the wine being in a small wine barrel, that barrel's rarity, and whether or not that barrel is made out of oak.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

4 hours ago, ozmods said:

ok  they will definitely be on deed, without doubt.

While that would be the best option to ensure security, and to help prevent total decay of the barrel, you will likely also experience slower improvement (decay) of the wine itself. A locked wagon or ship could be a secure way to age wine off-deed.

41 minutes ago, Meldichoir said:

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

While that would be the best option to ensure security, and to help prevent total decay of the barrel, you will likely also experience slower improvement (decay) of the wine itself. A locked wagon or ship could be a secure way to age wine off-deed.

That could work too id guess, im all on my lonesome, private server so i could possibly locate it just outside town borders, food for thiught anyway, thanks everyone for your help on this one definitely giving me something to think about