Sign in to follow this  
Virginislands

Delete Please

MARK FOR DELETION

Edited by Virginislands
Want the thread deleted

Right now there's active, well established groups both on JK and HOTS with about 15+ players online during prime time after just two days of the server being created. It'd be awesome if we could get a dedicated group to head to the lesser populated MR. If you have a group and are looking for a server to move to, this is your perfect opportunity to jump in, since everyone is still starting fresh and no transfers have been given. 

I think they said there are no skill imports and no one has got one so far, but I'll let them confirm and post about it. For now there's been absolutely no handholding, and knowing everyone else is starting at the same point is pretty nice, and early game PVP can also be fun.

(Also, you were in All Things Gaming, right? I think I remember the name. Both HOTS and JK have moved from there pretty much.)

admins and people cool as hell

nice extra touches to the server too

Edited by LukCandy

It seems there was a problem with the hosting service for a couple of hours, server back up.

On 21/4/2016 at 3:56 PM, bigsteve said:

Are u doing skil imports?

We're not doing skill imports for now, we want people to start from the same level and try and get a fairer field of opportunity for everyone.

10 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

Server offline?

Sorry, we were down for a couple of hours implementing the last big feature which was the BL Gods. Wurm Programming makes it extremely hard for player gods not to go WL, and took a lot of testing and tryouts to get it right. First post has been updated containing the information of the gods, with their spell lists. The WL god Roamin turned out pretty good, the others are a bit more hit and miss, but this is completely random always.

37 minutes ago, MootRed said:

What made you decide to create such a large map?

We wanted a lot of room to explore for the most part,  and it also gives space for people who want to settle far away for whatever reason. Initially, every faction starts in the Eastern island with HOTA in the middle of the same, so most of the action will happen there, and all founded deeds have been there so far. Having more space to explore and find rare creatures is always a nice thing, plus there might be future additions of NPC challenges and such for people to do while on downtime and such, which are being researched and thought of right now.a l

Basically, a large map just gives more breathing space, specially looking towards the future, so we thought it'd be something nice to have.

On 23/4/2016 at 8:31 PM, MootRed said:

hope it goes well! Good luck!

Thanks! Hopefully we'll see you around inside as well!

As a bit of an update, there's now well established deeds in all three factions after about a week of the server being up, already within the top 10 of population at most times of the day, and everyone's still getting set up and grinding their skills from the bottom up. It's a good moment to join if interested to join in on the early game. 

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:48 PM, Virginislands said:

Thanks! Hopefully we'll see you around inside as well!

I dont think my little heart could stand making the grind again...I spent months on mythmoor PVP for it to flop. But, thank you for the invite! I wish you much luck!

On 26/4/2016 at 0:10 PM, Badget said:

What passive bonuses new gods have?

Actually that hasn't been tested thoroughly yet. As with many things regarding player gods, everything is randomised, even the passive abilities. Spell lists are easier to check on since you just do that, but regarding their passive abilities, there is nowhere you can look at other than player testing, which is why it took so long for WO player gods to have theirs recognised and even in some cases still unknown.

On 26/4/2016 at 1:40 PM, MootRed said:

I dont think my little heart could stand making the grind again...I spent months on mythmoor PVP for it to flop. But, thank you for the invite! I wish you much luck!

I can understand that, although for me it's the grind that makes Wurm PVP worthwhile, which is why we made this a bit slower rates than other PVP servers. Every time you fight you know it's your weaponsmith's weapons you fight with, your platesmith's crafted armor and that you're carrying with you a tiny bit of their grind on you, and it's all been a collaborative effort just to get there, so winning or losing becomes that much important and victory feels all the sweeter.

When you have nothing to lose, you also have nothing to win.

7 hours ago, Virginislands said:

When you have nothing to lose, you also have nothing to win.

that makes the game too serious for me.

If it continues to grow in players I might consider joining, but it would need to be a lot more populated than Wyvern PvP. I'm not too fond of unpopulated servers, Wyvern was totally misleading, pretty much all the players are on the PvE side lol..

good server so far, only thing kind of weird is that although macro'ing is allowed, fatigue is still in..

On 30/4/2016 at 4:32 PM, MightySheep said:

If it continues to grow in players I might consider joining, but it would need to be a lot more populated than Wyvern PvP. I'm not too fond of unpopulated servers, Wyvern was totally misleading, pretty much all the players are on the PvE side lol..

Yeah, there's very little option on the PVP side right now, and that's the biggest reason why we decided to create this server. Give people a place where they can develop skills and not reach to 99 in a week and have nowhere to go from there, but at the same time have the danger and the risk/reward feeling that comes with PVP. 

On 30/4/2016 at 0:13 AM, Quicktor said:

good server so far, only thing kind of weird is that although macro'ing is allowed, fatigue is still in..

We're discussing fatigue. For now we're leaving it on because while macroing is allowed, maybe having fatigue on nerfs it a bit for those who don't macro. Even with fatigue on you can macro 16 hours a day, so it won't be a problem with most people. Even so, it's something we're checking out and might be taken out soon.

Also, and update on the server, there's a few separate deeds already, more than one village per kingdom apart from the main ones and there's been some good PVP action so far, boats have been stolen and shots have been fired. Join in!

I joined this server a week ago, really love this server. The maps looks good. Nice people around.

The server files were lost thanks to some bug with Citadel Servers, files got corrupted. Alternative is starting up from a week and a half old backup (server being three weeks old), but considering the ammount of problems and bugs that are the result of handling a Wurm server coupled with constant server provider problems, admin has decided to cut losses and regroup, since he doesn't feel confident that bug won't repeat itself and cause people to lose progress once again. Advice others not to use Citadel for their Wurm hosting. My apologies to people who invested time with us only to find this happen, but these issues were unforeseen when we decided to host.

Ah that explains why it just vanished, unfortunate for everyone involved :(