Sign in to follow this  
LorenaMontana

So whats gonna happen?

4 hours ago, Propheteer said:

and maybe reboot the bug hunting system (even though this isn't fully related) as the old rewards had some value, now some rewards may be promised but in most cases you may not even get them if you were told you would. (Which also starts a moral dilemma for the player, where if the bug isn't gamebreaking why would they not abuse it and get a reward with no penalty rather than report the bug and get no reward?)

That's already in the works, will arrange to have more information in either this weeks or next weeks news.

There's a lot of catching up we need to do here, we're in the process of finishing up updates which have been in the works for over a year now, so we need to push those out before getting to a place where we can take on other large projects. Fixing bugs helps us reach a point where we can begin to make large changes on a stable and working foundation.

A transfer or merge is not going to happen, it solves nothing, and would bring a spike in population before dropping again.

Any announcement is going to come with a lot of questions, and we're going to want to be able to answer as many as we can right off the bat, which is why it takes time, I don't want to say "oh we're doing x and y" without having followup information and a solid plan to work from.

I understand there's frustration but I have always stated that it will take time.

• Like 4

Just move Epic to WU in a state it currently is(no idea about how easy it is technically to tie WO accounts to steam IDs there). Keep it as official WU cluster and use it as promo platform to lure people from WU to WO.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

it solves nothing

It lets your customers enjoy the bloody game on a server with actual population instead of outright quitting before the 6month+ fixes are made... which probably wont ressurect the population either way thus resulting in people quitting anyway.

Lorenamontana is like one of the most loyal epic players you will find... he appears to be in a state of panic over the epic servers being so low in population.

I don't think you are really grasping it... its 16 people over a whole cluster of 4 servers...

thats 4096*4096 + 3 * 2048*2048 tiles... it's 29360128 tiles... 1835008 tiles per person...

Do you even comprehend how desolate that is?

New player joins -> kingdom chat "Where is everyone?" -> responce "There is only 4 other players online in this kingdom right now." -> Quits.

It's past "life support" atm... its a miracle revival from the dead.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 4

That's already in the works, will arrange to have more information in either this weeks or next weeks news.

There's a lot of catching up we need to do here, we're in the process of finishing up updates which have been in the works for over a year now, so we need to push those out before getting to a place where we can take on other large projects. Fixing bugs helps us reach a point where we can begin to make large changes on a stable and working foundation.

A transfer or merge is not going to happen, it solves nothing, and would bring a spike in population before dropping again.

Any announcement is going to come with a lot of questions, and we're going to want to be able to answer as many as we can right off the bat, which is why it takes time, I don't want to say "oh we're doing x and y" without having followup information and a solid plan to work from.

I understand there's frustration but I have always stated that it will take time.

nice when it comes back, you can clear up my tab of a summer hat, several months of premium, and the title I'm probably long owed.

You know what it will do ? It will by you time to fix all the additional issues, without having all of us down your neck because instead of trying something you sit here saying "soon" or having oreo grab it by the *****

I also do like how you blatantly ignored my post, because REASONS!  

Edited by Egard

So it occurs to me, with all the players on the forums saying epic is dead and not playing on it, if they actually played on it epic wouldn't be dead right?

Now the reason you all don't play on epic is because of the bugs, and broken features.

Therefore, fixing the bugs and broken features means the reasons you left are no longer there, so you can play on epic again, and it wont be dead.

right? or are you hoping for more?

• Like 1

Just to name one reason... Elevation could be reduced in size .. 

There's probably hundreds more reasons.

1 minute ago, Drastox said:

Just to name one reason... Elevation could be reduced in size .. 

There's probably hundreds more reasons.

The map reset didn't do any favors, and won't do any more again, those who have stuck out on elevation will only be screwed over while those who don't play don't lose anything, more land added to the map maybe, but not a shrinking or resize.

About the whole "everyone wants a merge thing too" I highly doubt freedom wants it, especially with in influx of people trying to sell accounts which is a large majority of those wanting the merge, some might just want PvP, but some want to make money out of their account after leaving the game for good.

If it went to an ingame vote, I'd say Freedom would say no for sure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SeeD said:

If it went to an ingame vote, I'd say Freedom would say no for sure.

Yea becouse who wants more players in their server, right?

And accounts are merely money investments instead of player characters used to play on, right? Can't influence the "account sales market"! Herrpii derpi derp.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

A minimum size server is actually really cool and I've seen it work for PvP even with decent numbers. Seeing people in local everyday and not having to travel 45 mins to 2 hours to see a single person in local is really neat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drastox said:

A minimum size server is actually really cool and I've seen it work for PvP even with decent numbers. Seeing people in local everyday and not having to travel 45 mins to 2 hours to see a single person in local is really neat. 

Again, what about all those who currently play and have invested time, effort and money into the server, after it being reset last year and losing all the previously invested time effort and money.

Why should the loud minority of people that can be counted on one hand (or those who dont play at all and just enjoy trolling the forums ) have their way while those who still play on elevation get screwed over again?

I'd be happy to build worldstar, Rome, and glittercrown tomorrow and pay for it if a reset or map change was made.

Something needs to be done, I don't actually care what they do, as long as it brings players back I'd be happy.

And what about the attitudes of some elevation players against home server players? What about driving off new players by effectively hunting and spawn camping them?

There's no denying that there's been dev failures, but how do we counter player failures?

• Like 3

Im actually one of them 'delete home server' people so I won't go into that. I've seen it work without home servers on fast skilling wu servers and I guess I see how spawn camping would and could be an issue if there was no home servers. But I'd prefer getting beat on repeatedly and seeing PvP then living on a home server for years playing defensively and seeing nobody because it took 3 hours for a raidig party to get to you.

As for the player failures ... Lol. Not everyone is going to play nice. Getting everyone to behave nicely is like the mods deleting posts they don't like, sure it gets the job done but you get hated for it when what you said was meaningful.

So let player toxicity continue? Let new players be harassed out of the game so you can sit there and cry that it's dead? I know a few WU servers that have died when WO PvPers find them due to toxic behavior.

Perhaps GM's should just hand out bans more freely for crappy behavior ingame and on the forums.

Edited by SeeD
  • Like 2

It will always be there, you cannot make this game a utopia of perfect respectful behaviour. 

And I guess you never played rust :)

• Like 1

So you should be free to harass, abuse, and threaten anyone you want because it cant be a utopia where people remember its a game and play for fun, not at the expense of others fun?

2 minutes ago, Drastox said:

It will always be there, you cannot make this game a utopia of perfect respectful behaviour. 

And I guess you never played rust :)

SeeD got a point here :D If you want to act like an a**, you have the freedom to do so, but then don't come crying, that there is noone for you to play with.

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Bug squashing and other under-the-hood work is certainly appreciated by myself as much as the flashier eye-candy.

Epic is mild compared to chaos. Argue all u want .Seed. the people who are complaining are ex premium players who enjoyed the game dearly and have multiple accounts. We dont mine hop .. spam deeds.. we pvp and play for the rush. U might think alot are toxic however we didnt take advantage of years of windows of opportunity. We play for fun. Pvp.. Community and playstyle.

If u want an instant and longterm boost fix the servers.. merge .. consilidate.. patch.. watever.. just fix it already.

Who the ###### are you, holy ######.

Nobody is bullied out of a kingdom or server unless they are just either unfathomablely stupid, or just plain try and screw people over.

I've personally never seen someone get "harassed" into quitting, when it wasn't deserved/brought it onto themselves.

It's a game yes.  But it's a sandbox MMO PvP server, it will be competitive.  People will get angry at one another, make conflict, grudges, etc.  History takes place, people don't forget.

I'm curious to what you think the player failures are. 

What do I know tho.. all I want to do is sell my account so I can make a laughable amount of money compared to the 200 or so days played, xD. You got me there !

Edited by Oreo

In the epic disscusion section is a topic where 113 People voted for a merge, if these people would start playing again on epic there would be no need for a merge (dont forget that most people use more than 1 toon they could have a higher population than xanadu :D )

1 minute ago, Deth said:

Epic is mild compared to chaos. Argue all u want .Seed. the people who are complaining are ex premium players who enjoyed the game dearly and have multiple accounts. We dont mine hop .. spam deeds.. we pvp and play for the rush. U might think alot are toxic however we didnt take advantage of years of windows of opportunity. We play for fun. Pvp.. Community and playstyle.

If u want an instant and longterm boost fix the servers.. merge .. consilidate.. patch.. watever.. just fix it already.

This is what I was getting at. And I actually don't care if people don't have the backbone to deal with toxic behaviour, I don't care if that's the only reason no one plays ( can confidently say there's many other reasons), rust is one of the most toxic community games I've ever played yet has the entire wurm player base playing on each and every server. 

And that's probably the quick access to PvP from the get go ,not this 6 month to a year skilling system currently in place. I personally think people just don't have the time and patience to play this game any more when people can get the same PvP buzz and excitement playing something else.

Well, seeing as how anyone can see and vote in the epic section now, are they all really from epic?

:D

Edited by Oreo