Sign in to follow this  
LorenaMontana

So whats gonna happen?

1 hour ago, Sobotnik said:

Wurm Online has no future

Ultimate has a few more years left in it at least, but Wurm Online died the moment Ultimate was announced.

Wait, are you talking about UltimA Online ?

23 hours ago, Galadhel said:

Wait, are you talking about UltimA Online ?

No, Wurm Ultimate 

On 5/21/2016 at 3:47 AM, Elktazahjr said:

mainly because the devs are too scared to touch any feature because most of the veterans will bite back; wonder how long until they release that the veterans mean nothing anymore. Just look at the playerbase for gods sake. I know some short sighted people but this is the first and probably last time that I will ever see a whole company being this short sighted. The release of WU never ceases to baffle me. I'm enjoying WU right now, great for me, but you just shot yourself in the foot. Total revenue you got from me, since october 2015? 20 dollars. Enjoy those 20 dollars?

You wouldnt believe how many of us elusive new players on Freedom started playing Unlimited and decided to our benefit move over to Online, we are probably half of Xanadu now sure you dont hear from many of us because we dont sell fancy items , we dont sell highly skilled characters nor do we sell exclusive deeds but every two months i put my money into Rolf's pocket or Code Clubs by purchasing silver and Premium through the xsolla or Paypal links.. we are becoming the backbone of WUrm now we are the future and the only time you know we are here is when you trip over us in your drake skin and dragon scale outfits as we are foraging our next meal or grinding so we too can join the market or buy a knarr or make the next awesome deed.. or pillage the leftovers from some old time deed no longer cared for nor protected.. look around we are here..and alot of us people form the last 5-6 months of play have started in Unlimited and moved over once we fell in love with the game and wanted more people to play with.. 

• Like 4

On 5/23/2016 at 2:39 AM, Sobotnik said:

No, Wurm Ultimate 

psst, it's "unlimited"

• Like 1

On 5/22/2016 at 4:17 PM, Sobotnik said:

Wurm Online has no future

LOL.  Oh how I wish I had a silver for every time this has been said over the years. I'd be bloody rich. 

Still here and kicking.  :)

3 hours ago, Amadee said:

LOL.  Oh how I wish I had a silver for every time this has been said over the years. I'd be bloody rich. 

Still here and kicking.  :)

I wish beating a dead horse hard enough would bring it alive again, but the proof is in the pudding. Wurm has not kept a stable population in a while. Between abnormally long balance fixes and far and few between updates ( Soon ) the population has found better games.

What sucked me into Wurm was how it sucked you in by making the world feel so alive. Walking down a main road out of spawn and seeing peoples homesteads/hearing people smithing and building gave me a feeling so unique to this game. It was awesome on Serenity, with a feeling of community and the low-scale pvp, either defending from baddies or pestering Davidlewisbell till he left again, it made the game feel so alive.

Wurm isn't worth a sub to me unless there's 80+ people playing on a serenity sized map. with the MAYBE 15 people on serenity now it feels so lonely and pointless.

Being a merchant in wurm was SOOOOOOOOOO cool, but without 80+ people theres no place for merchants and traders, or very many skilled tradespeople. I really wish people didn't go quite so ham on pvp in this game, pvp was fun enough so that you could solve dispute with the metal in your weapon-stand, and maybe a territorial battle here and there, but the huge kingdom fights, and in particular the toxic community around pvp turned me off of it. the pvp system just wasn't there for those scale fights. ( HIGHER DIRTWALLS, NO, HIIIIIGGHHHEERRR.) Call me a carebear but I enjoyed the homeservers immensely.

People need to put aside their petty server-quibbles and merge, truthfully, that's the only way to keep it remotely populated. I know people are attached but.. being attached to something dead isn't very fun or entertaining ( what a game is, to me.)  

One PvP server, one PvE server, or just one server. The gamebase is too spread out... but people are attached and it will NEVER happen, which is sad... checking in on the forums now and again and watching what was once a flourishing game, with servers that felt alive, dwindle into this retirement home with a dwindling population of people moving on.

Even if you wiped the skills and maps people will still quit, some put time into grinding that rivaled their jobs. and the possibility of losing subs to Rolf is too much to bear, even if there's a chance to bring people back.

Sorry for not contributing to the discussion much, but it's really sad seeing this game dwindle down.

• Like 1

On 02/06/2016 at 10:20 AM, Psalamon said:

You wouldnt believe how many of us elusive new players on Freedom started playing Unlimited and decided to our benefit move over to Online, we are probably half of Xanadu now sure you dont hear from many of us because we dont sell fancy items , we dont sell highly skilled characters nor do we sell exclusive deeds but every two months i put my money into Rolf's pocket or Code Clubs by purchasing silver and Premium through the xsolla or Paypal links.. we are becoming the backbone of WUrm now we are the future and the only time you know we are here is when you trip over us in your drake skin and dragon scale outfits as we are foraging our next meal or grinding so we too can join the market or buy a knarr or make the next awesome deed.. or pillage the leftovers from some old time deed no longer cared for nor protected.. look around we are here..and alot of us people form the last 5-6 months of play have started in Unlimited and moved over once we fell in love with the game and wanted more people to play with.. 

Unfortunately, when you check graphs, you see that Wurm Online lost a lot of players since October 2015, there were about 4.5k average active players at the beginning of Oct 2015, there are 3K in May 2015. So i guess that even if a few players have subscribed to Wurm Online after playing WU, unfortunately the total number of players has decreased since Wurm unlimited release.

• Like 1

One of the great benefits to merging Epic with Chaos is that it will immediately merge the entire Wurm Online economy into a single unit.  With a specialty game like Wurm, you need as large an economy as possible. WO needs a single economy.  Second, an even more niche subgroup (the PVP crowd) need to be consolidated to provide more bodies to the fight.  Third, imho giving some love to the PVP community by also giving them a fresh new world to enjoy the consolidation is just an obvious thing.

If Rolf would announce Epic closure coupled with a brand new map for Chaos, I am sure this would inject new life and old players back into the game.

• Like 1

And it would do even more than that.  Stimulation to the economy, as kingdoms frantically rush to get their capitals and main war deeds established, spam the map with guard towers and of course create those massive dirt walls!

I'm excited for the possibilities that could come from it, but the devs lack of response to PvP changes is really making me lose hope.

• Like 1

i love all the people supporting this now that its too late to have much of an effect at all

kek

its exactly what i predicted in the said thread.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Propheteer said:

i love all the people supporting this now that its too late to have much of an effect at all

kek

I've always been in support of new maps.  People can say what they want about how it divides an already scattered population, but those three people living on Exodus WANT it that way.  So do the people that scale the highest mountains of Xanadu and plant their flag, because they don't want to live next to all the drama, thievery and griefing that comes with starter towns. 

A new PvP map? Well, as much as I want to say that the benefits will outweigh the negatives, I believe that it is only a temporary fix.  Kinda like using shock paddles on a hospice client that's got a few more months to live anyway.  Several reasons I put it that way...

1.  There is no miracle cure to bring back the population that we once had.  You can hand out all the fantastic backpacks you want, people are just going to sell them, sell the silver, put it in their paypal and go right back to playing whatever other game tickles their fancy. 

2.  The only people that want a map reset are the people that quit.  All of MR and some of JK do not want the map reset.  So even if Rolf resets Chaos and screws over the majority of his PvP population that are still playing, what assurances do we have that the same quitters won't come back, play for 2 months and scream for another reset? 

3.  Xanadu is older than WU.  No new servers have been released since WU.  Even if it's not a 64x64 map (by the way Rolf, please don't make a server that large again) I think it would attract a few new players.  Launch a second PvP server along with it to gather up the WU PvP crowd.

On 6/18/2016 at 1:30 PM, Propheteer said:

kek

yea but ur like a prophet or some ######, predicting things is like your job

Does all this mean I should go to Epic and grind some of my skills which are very low in Freedom?

• Like 2

On 18-6-2016 at 5:24 PM, Zzabur said:

Unfortunately, when you check graphs, you see that Wurm Online lost a lot of players since October 2015, there were about 4.5k average active players at the beginning of Oct 2015, there are 3K in May 2015. So i guess that even if a few players have subscribed to Wurm Online after playing WU, unfortunately the total number of players has decreased since Wurm unlimited release.

wurm numbers have risen in the last month from +/- 3000 to +/- 3700

N1tLBla.png

so to the people that say wurm is dying i say: can i have your stuff and please lose your forum account.

Edited by elroth

hate to break it to you man, but those are all alts :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, elroth said:

wurm numbers have risen in the last month from +/- 3000 to +/- 3700

N1tLBla.png

so to the people that say wurm is dying i say: can i have your stuff and please lose your forum account.

Are those the people that got on for the annversary gift? Yeah, they'll probably be gone again soon.

Epic is dying because of all the Epic bleed overs onto Chaos and Freedom.

Epic used to be an original idea and that's what needs to be done again.

If you don't want to make the same mistake twice, don't give Freedom/Chaos anything from Epic anymore, keep it all seperate.

I shouldn't be talking about Epic since I've only had about 15mins of playtime on the server.

Also, remove the HotA from Chaos please.

8 minutes ago, Kswords said:

Are those the people that got on for the annversary gift? Yeah, they'll probably be gone again soon.

If you don't want to make the same mistake twice, don't give Freedom/Chaos anything from Epic anymore, keep it all seperate.

I shouldn't be talking about Epic since I've only had about 15mins of playtime on the server.

Also, remove the HotA from Chaos please.

Lets be clear.

Epic's features did not "bleed over".

They were implemented in a half-assed, unfinished, buggy state where we had to endure the bugs for several years at the loss of time, money, accounts, deeds, players, and when they were finally fixed, we were left with an unfinished project that was no longer buggy, and the SECOND it got even slightly more finished, it was just released to Freedom.

We never had a complete cluster-exclusive feature without someone else getting to experience it and learn it more and faster than we ever had the opportunity to.

just my 2c

58 minutes ago, Kswords said:

Cowpoop. If the only thing that makes people want to play on epic is access to a few features and once that is not unique they all quit (or move to freedom)... That means that epic is badly done and unfun as is. And no ammount of unique features will save it.

Wurm Online is becoming Freedom online now, the attention that goes to epic is on an all time low, all the unique features we once had are all available on freedom now too. Something needs to be done, this is extremely demovitating and frustrating.

• Like 1

The anniversary thing was just Wurm trying to get more subs lol. We'll see that 700 drop again in 2 months time. 

Wurm needs to to work on features which will retain players rather than features which aim at enticing them to reprem again for a single time only mostly resulting in them getting a gift they can sell on for a profit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redd said:

The anniversary thing was just Wurm trying to get more subs lol. We'll see that 700 drop again in 2 months time. 

Wurm needs to to work on features which will retain players rather than features which aim at enticing them to reprem again for a single time only mostly resulting in them getting a gift they can sell on for a profit.

i almost reprem'd up for those gifts

they almost got me

• Like 3

19 hours ago, asdf said:

hate to break it to you man, but those are all alts :P

Come back for a mask and tin tool alts.