Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Deliverance Event - April 30th 2016

They going to hell horses or normal horses ? Just to know which account to bring. 

On 4/19/2016 at 7:42 PM, Enki said:

When the time comes we will gather at the start deed and take a teleport to the stables and begin the race after all on scene participants have their horse.

According to the first post, gathering will begin at the start deed on Deliverence.  (Greendog)

Is there a teleport option to Greendog for this race from the starter towns ?

-There will be no return teleport to Green Dog after the race.

Is the end of the hunt/race going to be near Green Dog or some place far away? I would like to know if it's a bad idea to place my tent with my tools at Green Dog or I should place them in my boat instead.

Edited by DKSprocket

Still not clear if the is a teleport TO and from Greendog or not from all the server starter towns

Edited by Baloo

30 minutes ago, Baloo said:

Still not clear if the is a teleport TO and from Greendog or not from all the server starter towns

There is only ONE starter deed on Deliverence and that IS Greendog.   

More Specifics!

- All horses will be normal horses with no negative traits.

- Before race time a teleport sign will be placed at Green Dog for participants to be sent to the secure starting location.  It will not be possible to join the race if you do not go to Green Dog first.

- The race course map will be posted to this thread in the below reserved post anywhere between 30 minutes and 5 minutes pre-race time.

- All primary participants arriving on time will be given a rope and a race horse.

- At a time set by us on scene we will count down to race start.

- At the starting time the blocking wall will be removed and the race will commence.

-There will be no return teleport to Green Dog after the race.

Yes I do know there is only one starter town on Deli and that is Greendog.

Please read my question more carefully.

To put it another way: Will players be able to use the teleport buildings on THEIR starter towns on THEIR servers to teleport to and from Greendog for the race and after the race?  (And, yes it is understood there is no teleport facility from the end of the race back to Greendog.)

19 minutes ago, Baloo said:

Yes I do know there is only one starter town on Deli and that is Greendog.

Please read my question more carefully.

To put it another way: Will players be able to use the teleport buildings on THEIR starter towns on THEIR servers to teleport to and from Greendog for the race and after the race?  (And, yes it is understood there is no teleport facility from the end of the race back to Greendog.)

Never heard of such a thing so no.

There is still a teleport building on Newspring starter town, which was used to teleport to the treasure hunt on xana in the NW - that is what i am asking about - would it be possible to use that?  But nvm, since i am so stupid, will not be attending.  Thanks anyway.

edit:  Been advised finally that: 'Port from the server starter towns to the hunt yes, not from another server starter towns - that was never possible in any hunt in the game'

Enjoy the race !

Edited by Baloo
  • Like 1

Oh I understand what you are referring to Baloo.  Those can only go to the same server which leads to the Xanadu maze.  We have no current means to teleport you across servers via missions.

disconnecting on the race at any time for any reason results in instant death no matter if only away for 10 second

Edited by Deth666
  • Like 1

That is a pretty low accusation there... That's better, but you said you were gone for 10 seconds!

It is true we did liven it up a bit for the primary starters but Everyone had the same opportunity.  It came down to your weight, and horse handling ability. 

Unfortunately this is not going to go down as one of our more successful events.  Combined with the natural creatures, the mission creatures, and a few extra mobs, some were overwhelmed by it.  Though everyone was well forewarned.  The other part which is bad timing is there is apparently a network problem going on that has been hampering certain activities as well as affecting and crashing players.  This unfortunately led to a few deaths.

Overall the race is a good time and people are enjoying it, but I do wish we had not had the network lag today...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Enki said:

Unfortunately this is not going to go down as one of our more successful events.  Combined with the natural creatures, the mission creatures, and a few extra mobs, some were overwhelmed by it. 

I am struggling to remember an event that wasn't completely overwhelming for newbs

49 minutes ago, Enki said:

That is a pretty low accusation there... That's better, but you said you were gone for 10 seconds!

It is true we did liven it up a bit for the primary starters but Everyone had the same opportunity.  It came down to your weight, and horse handling ability

Unfortunately this is not going to go down as one of our more successful events.  Combined with the natural creatures, the mission creatures, and a few extra mobs, some were overwhelmed by it.  Though everyone was well forewarned.  The other part which is bad timing is there is apparently a network problem going on that has been hampering certain activities as well as affecting and crashing players.  This unfortunately led to a few deaths.

Overall the race is a good time and people are enjoying it, but I do wish we had not had the network lag today...

That's why the creatures were completely unnecessary during this event.. they didn't add anything.

• Like 1

Thanks Enki! You made me appreciate my 5 speed horses and hell horses so much more now ;) 

Everybody ready to start the race

Spoiler

Tdo9ZXh.jpg

Some extra incentive to get you started in the race

Spoiler

4JtjPXZ.jpg

Supporters cheering you on along the way too

Spoiler

DXB1m6i.jpg

• Like 4

Road work crews: bonus anacondas in the background

QsqpScX.jpg

• Like 1

Bit of a different perspective, fun nevertheless... :)

Spoiler

fQQyrlq.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enki said:

It is true we did liven it up a bit for the primary starters but Everyone had the same opportunity.  It came down to your weight, and horse handling ability. 

ok fixed that and someone else said the same thing they stopped in a safe place with nothing around em relogged and got back to being dead...and let me guess who won the grand prizes.....

Edited by Deth666
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Samool said:

Bit of a different perspective, fun nevertheless... :)

Reveal hidden contents

fQQyrlq.jpg

Aha!  So that's what happens when you slip some filets into someone's backpack at the start of the race.  I was wondering how that would turn out.

• Like 3

[21:15:50] You drop 28 meat fillets.

wasn't me. but good butchering skills with the insane lot of road kills >:)

• Like 1

Thank you, Enki, for the race and fun and thrill! And... you know for what B)  It was only a bit sad to find noone is there with flags and ribbons when i finally finished it.

Ellenmarie! You're my hero.

Please post more pix! How come there were so many anacondas?? I see them like once a year!