Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Deliverance Event - April 30th 2016

Due to the creative side of my brain going on strike this last month, we are going to host a horse race!

You heard right a horse race!

What's that you say?  Xallo and Alyeska will just bring their prized hellhorses to the track and win again!  Well just hold yer horses pardner and check this doggie out.

No one will be allowed to bring their own horses.  For this treasure hunt we will be providing the race horses! 

auction_timer_E1462028489.gif

Average time to complete the race will be 2 hours.

A rope will be provided. (YOU MUST USE ROPE TO LEAD HORSE TO CONTINUE.)

I Recommend traveling light as you may be eaten by the marauding hordes of stuff I found along the race course. (note: we reserve the right to add even more marauding stuff to the course.)

When the time comes we will gather at the start deed and take a teleport to the stables and begin the race after all on scene participants have their horse.

You must follow the course in order to hit all of the check points.  Miss a checkpoint and you will not be able to finish the race.  So don't miss a checkpoint.

I will post the race course close to the starting time.

Their will be 3 main prizes.

First prize will be a gold saddle, bridle, and horse shoes.

Second Prize will be a silver saddle, bridle and horse shoes.

Third prize will be a bronze saddle, bridle, and horse shoes.
Participation awards will be brass horseshoes. (and possibly a horse and a rope)

More Specifics!

- All horses will be normal horses with no negative traits.

- Before race time a teleport sign will be placed at Green Dog for participants to be sent to the secure starting location.  It will not be possible to join the race if you do not go to Green Dog first.

- The race course map will be posted to this thread in the below reserved post anywhere between 30 minutes and 5 minutes pre-race time.

- All primary participants arriving on time will be given a rope and a race horse.

- At a time set by us on scene we will count down to race start.

- At the starting time the blocking wall will be removed and the race will commence.

-There will be no return teleport to Green Dog after the race.

tips:

You may want to lower your graphics settings due to the number of people and horses at the starting location.

Travel light.  Your weight may be the determining factor of who wins.

There will be creatures in your way, not necessarily placed by us.

There are checks to make sure you keep to your race horse and you cannot secretly switch or lead from a faster horse.

There will be monitors watching.  Anyone violating the spirit of the race will be killed.

Should you find yourself unable to ride a horse at the beginning of the race there will be a sign to leave the race and return to Green Dog before you start it.

Winners:

1st - Xallo

2nd - Alyeska

3rd - Kurson

The course is now open to late participants.  (hint: bring your own horse gear to speed up your journey)

/Enki

• Like 17

The Race Course!  Purple line indicates route.   There are checkpoints along the way made of a marble and cobblestone pattern.  You must go through them.

c9XpqW6.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds awsome :)

Will we be able to fit our own gear on the horses?

Now THIS sounds like fun!!!  Will there be a prize for the rider who gets stuck in the most walls and fences??  I could win that easy!! :D

• Like 1

I knew that would be the first question, and I am considering the options....  I would rather players didn't, in which case I can set it to automatically delete the gear and the horse and disqualify the racer.  We will discuss and decide on our options soon.

• Like 6

In my opinion, player-supplied gear sounds like it would ruin the point. Also, do people who already have massively-enchanted supreme horse gear really need the prizes from this?

• Like 5

Agree, one option I would suggest would be to brand the horses and only allow ride :D

• Like 4

Yes, branding them and allowing everyone to ride and no one to "manage item" would keep the horses gear less.

Can also name all the horse with a name like "RaceHorse" so that it's easy to tell contestants are using the proper horses.

• Like 5

woooo sounds fun. even coming in last would still net you the brass horseshoes :P

• Like 1

Don't forget to add a sign post to quit old TH's Enki :)

• Like 1

Good call Tuga and Ohana.

Second question:  Will people be able to start late?  Run alts through later for the participation prize, similar to the last treasure hunt?  I'd guess not, but worth asking.

Yes they will be able to start late and they can use the provided horse.  However, I like Tuga and Ohana's suggestion for the primary race group.  I will work on that.

If you die on the course will there be any help recovering the bodies/ continuing the race?

Very interested and I will be looking forward to participating. Question though. What speed will the horses be? That will greatly effect our chances of getting away from the mobs that you so generously place along the track. :P I will be looking forward to seeing the inevitable Chaos/Epic creatures. 

Please Enki, don't give me this horse:

Jg38eJc.jpg?1

Edited by MissWilc
  • Like 3

Will there be a bonus reward for riding backwards?

I am sooo in. This sounds like an awesome race with equal chances of living and dying(as provided by Enki thru insanely massive amounts of mobs) for all. Sounds like it is worth the sail from any server.

• Like 1

Great idea and yes now branded horses make it easier to force it equal....

...renaming all my Deli horses to RaceHorse right now :)

Edited by Jaz
errr typos corrected - still cannot type from mobile.
  • Like 2

*waits for: horses will have all negative traits to increase the fun!!*

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheShawv said:

If you die on the course will there be any help recovering the bodies/ continuing the race?

No, part of the challenge!

13 hours ago, Zachariah said:

Very interested and I will be looking forward to participating. Question though. What speed will the horses be? That will greatly effect our chances of getting away from the mobs that you so generously place along the track. :P I will be looking forward to seeing the inevitable Chaos/Epic creatures. 

to be determined

13 hours ago, MissWilc said:

Please Enki, don't give me this horse:

Jg38eJc.jpg?1

Oh alright, I promise these horses will be made from all genuine equine parts, and will be given a full set of healthy vertebrae.

19 minutes ago, KaiH said:

*waits for: horses will have all negative traits to increase the fun!!*

Not a bad idea...

• Like 2

funnier if they have nothing but bad traits.  Can hear someone along the track screaming because his horse decided it needed a break.......

• Like 1

Hope they have negative traits and participants can't see which horse is good and what not. So it's all on RNG, as well as them being normal horses for that RNG speed decrease. 

Wtb gold saddle, gold shoes and gold bridle :P

Everybody needs it.  'Cause style.

10333757_1.jpg?v=8CDBDE2C62F86D0

• Like 2

thats indeed a nice saddle, fairyshine!

i wonder if a gold saddle will be visible on a horse then with correct texture etc.

20 minutes ago, Chikiza said:

thats indeed a nice saddle, fairyshine!

i wonder if a gold saddle will be visible on a horse then with correct texture etc.

At this time no :(

That really would be a nice touch and I think at some point the devs will work on material dependent textures.