Sign in to follow this  
daemonanyndel

Kingdom Spawn points not working

Hey, trying to set up a server, made the starter deeds for every kingdom, each with a different GM alt, made the deeds, set them as permanent and as starter deeds for their respective kingdoms, yet when I choose with a fresh character, I only ever get teleported to Jenn-Kellon starter deed, so both MR and HOTS first need to die there and then they DO get the option to respawn at their starter deed. 

I think its only recognising the  Spawn Point XSpawn Point Y  settings and completely ignoring Kingdom 2 and Kingdom 3 coordinates. I have random spawns deactivated, Home server kingdom at 0 and unchecked.

How do I fix this?

Turns out that if a server has ever been a Home server in the past, it won't work as a non home server for initial spawns. What I did was basically start over with a fresh server, copied the map files and made sure it was NEVER ran as a home server. I've seen many posts here about the subject but none of them had any resolution, so I hope this helps someone in the future.

As for me, consider it solved!

I have a similar problem. Ive started a new server install so that its not ever been set to home.  They all have hashes # in the GM Teleport list but when joining the server everyone is sent to Freedom or Jenn. The options for kingdoms on the character selection window only show the first Starter deed I've placed down. I have scoured the internet for a tut or fix and can not find anything.   I am hosted through Citadel Servers so this is not a local server. ALL of the tuts or help I can find relate to local servers. Even the help offered by the hosting company I am using is for local setup.  I am at a loss as to how to sort this out.

4 hours ago, Stimpy said:

I have a similar problem. Ive started a new server install so that its not ever been set to home.  They all have hashes # in the GM Teleport list but when joining the server everyone is sent to Freedom or Jenn. The options for kingdoms on the character selection window only show the first Starter deed I've placed down. I have scoured the internet for a tut or fix and can not find anything.   I am hosted through Citadel Servers so this is not a local server. ALL of the tuts or help I can find relate to local servers. Even the help offered by the hosting company I am using is for local setup.  I am at a loss as to how to sort this out.

Make sure none of the deeds and there perimeters is touching water, also make sure the deeds are actually starter deeds by checking there teleport destination. It should be #deedname in the tp list if its a starter deed.

Also check the kingdom setting in wurmlogin.db servers table. Should be 0 for a PVP server with multiple kingdoms since it isn't a home island.

With citadel, using their configuration settings, making sure home server is not enabled and the kingdom for a home server is set to 0 should do the same thing as modifying the db directly.

Edited by Nappy

18 hours ago, ausimus said:

Make sure none of the deeds and there perimeters is touching water, also make sure the deeds are actually starter deeds by checking there teleport destination. It should be #deedname in the tp list if its a starter deed.

They are nowhere near water and yes they have hashes on them. So this is not the issue. I am creating a new Admin for each starter deed and applying a faction deity before creating the starter settlement. After placing each settlement I log in with a new toon and find that only two of the starter towns are listed at character creation and both go to the same starter deed. 

18 hours ago, Nappy said:

Also check the kingdom setting in wurmlogin.db servers table. Should be 0 for a PVP server with multiple kingdoms since it isn't a home island.

With citadel, using their configuration settings, making sure home server is not enabled and the kingdom for a home server is set to 0 should do the same thing as modifying the db directly.

Home server is not selected. I went as far as to create a whole new installation on their server to ensure that the home server option was never selected.

Make sure that home server number is 0 and not 4. Recognizing what you said above, had a server with home server option turned off that still spawned weird while home server number was 4. Changing it to 0 fixed the issue.

Are random spawns enabled? If not, turn it on. This fixes it sometimes.