Sign in to follow this  
Innominate

Guard Towers with arched wall openings

I recently ran into a construction problem because I thought guard towers were solid and had planned on using two sides as walls. After asking in help about it, I was informed that my only options were to either demolish my project, or the tower, & rebuild; neither were very appealing. Because the only reason I thought the guard towers were solid is because they 'look' solid, I figure if the main level of the tower 'looked' to have arched walls instead of solid ones (& an unclimbable ladder inside, so it still looks functional) it might prevent others from making the same mistake.

8 hours ago, Innominate said:

I recently ran into a construction problem because I thought guard towers were solid and had planned on using two sides as walls. After asking in help about it, I was informed that my only options were to either demolish my project, or the tower, & rebuild; neither were very appealing. Because the only reason I thought the guard towers were solid is because they 'look' solid, I figure if the main level of the tower 'looked' to have arched walls instead of solid ones (& an unclimbable ladder inside, so it still looks functional) it might prevent others from making the same mistake.

While I understand your frustrations, I can't say that that particular mistake is made often.  In fact this is one of the only times I've ever heard of someone having made a tower thinking it would be a part of a solid formation, only to find out that it wasn't and having it ruin their plans.  Since it isn't at all common I'd have to say -1 to this suggestion.

My sincere advice moving forward (believe me we've all learned these types of lessons) would be to do plenty of research before any major construction to make sure all things go smoothly.  Cheers.

Edited by Slickshot