Sign in to follow this  
Biervampyr

Papyrus possiblities | ingame notes

So i was reading a topic about a confirmation box when breeding and most people didnt liked it and said we allready have some external tools we can use for that.

this brought me to the idea i wanted to present now.

25246432uy.jpg

this is just an bad example how a papyrus sheet can look out when you "look" at it ingame. like the server map popup or something :) 

what i mean is you can "use" a papryus sheet examine a horse and it gets listet in this sheet of paper. after that you "look" (new action on papyrus sheet) at the sheet and a popup will show what horses are in the list.

you could also use this for example to manage your ingame items (examine tool and there will be 1 QL XX Hammer iron on the list) or to make a compleate list of you bulk staff (open bsb/crate/fsb examine iron lumps) with Ql and amount.

what do you think about that?

Edited by Biervampyr
  • Like 6

Craft-able Item: Rancher's Ledger
2 wood shingles, leather, 10 papyrus.

Use the Rancher's Ledger on the deed token to turn it into Rancher's Ledger of <DEED NAME>.
Automatically adds all branded animals to it. Traits are updated by using the the deeded-ledger on a branded animal, traits listed depend on the players Animal Husbandry skill.

If you try to inbreed while the ledger is in your inventory, you get a warning before you breed them.

How does that sound?

I like the look of the graphic you chose. :)

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 5

Something like an ingame copy and paste for quick notes? Would be handy.

Oh other papyrus uses... paper lanterns, origami, etc

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 4

On 18. April 2016 at 10:56 AM, Darmalus said:

Craft-able Item: Rancher's Ledger
2 wood shingles, leather, 10 papyrus.

Use the Rancher's Ledger on the deed token to turn it into Rancher's Ledger of <DEED NAME>.
Automatically adds all branded animals to it. Traits are updated by using the the deeded-ledger on a branded animal, traits listed depend on the players Animal Husbandry skill.

If you try to inbreed while the ledger is in your inventory, you get a warning before you breed them.

How does that sound?

I like the look of the graphic you chose. :)

Thats something i thought about but you should be able to use it for storage listing too

I like this idea! Especially for the ingame notepad function and more organized bulk bin listing. 

+1,

Would love to see more options for papyrus.. I'm already envisaging checklists and inventories stamped on every crate, chair and sheep on my deed!

On 4/18/2016 at 11:16 AM, Klaa said:

Oh other papyrus uses... paper lanterns, origami, etc

Lovely idea!!!

I'd be happy with having books.  A book could be made from leather and act as a container.  QL would determine the amount of pages it could hold, and papyrus would be the only item that could fit in a book.  When you fill a book to its limit or to your satisfaction you should have a finalize option that "completes"--not allowing for it to be altered or added to.  Would be nice.

• Like 1

Nice!

I never thought I would like something coming in Suggestions threads, but this one I do like.

Also, horsecertification/breed papers.... mmm the possibilities of papyrus is amazing me... The era for which Wurm is set, is ripe with the awesomeness of the uses of papyrus/paper. Seals, deeds, certifications, patents of nobility!

+1 For this and anything else paper.

+1 Wonderful idea :) Sounds very handy to have :) Could be used also for listing container with items we want to sell so we don't have to list them manualy for example, there is potential in multiple uses :)