Sign in to follow this  
Jashton

Please allow creators to destroy Epic structures on Freedom.

Pretty much as the title says really.

I understand how, on Epic, structures such as shrines, pylons etc. are important so they need a certain amount of protection but on Freedom I don't think that this is really an issue for anybody. I have a shrine in my perimeter made by a friend who sold me their deed a while back and its holy ground is preventing me from resizing. Nobody would be negatively affected if it was destroyed as it is situated by my docks and I can only expand out to sea. I was informed earlier by a GM that it is against the rules for them to remove Epic structures even on Freedom so I am at a loss as to how to resolve this situation within the current framework.

If we could make it so that the original creator (only on Freedom) of the Epic structure could bash it then at least there'd be some way of removing an unwanted shrine etc. If destroying isn't an option then maybe just remove the holy ground that Epic structures create on Freedom? I could see that being a problem for people who are using Epic structures to protect land though. 

At the moment all this shrine really serves to do in this situation is to cause me annoyance and frustration and basically get in the way of my deed improvements and enjoyment of the game. I am obviously not expecting special treatment which is why I'd like this change to be implemented for everyone on Freedom and I'm sure there are other Freedomers out there who are having similar issues with unwanted Epic structures.

Thanks for your time and I hope this can be resolved to everyone's liking.

Kind regards

Jashton :)

Edit: maybe we could add ownership to these structures and allow only the owner to destroy them? That way someone could transfer the ownership to a new deed owner and they could have the option to destroy the structure rather than having to get the creator involved if they want to get rid of it.

Edited by Jashton
  • Like 5

I am a big believer since wayback in a Mayor being able to not only create stuff on thir own deed but bash it as well when the Mayor gets sick of it...

and since I have always been of the opinion that these epic mission items shouldn't have been allowed to be built outside of Epic Servers.... (these items should be the incentive for Players to play on Epic, wasn't that the original Intent for their introduction into the game?)....

+1 for Jashton's suggestion.

Edited by geode
  • Like 1

and epic please

its annoying when they block deed expansion and you regret ever building it in the first place

gm wouldnt even move it over 5 tiles

• Like 2