Sign in to follow this  
LorraineJ

"Everything that needs to be said here, has been said."

6 hours ago, Jeremy said:

I disagree with you in that simply cleaning up aggression makes it all right.  It becomes cyclical work recleaning if not cut off before it gets out of hand.  How much additional work is created by just leaving the thread open for future aggressions?  That's additional time wasted redealing with a done issue instead of dealing with more important things.

Once there is an expectation of behavior that is openly enforced it becomes easier because people know they won't get away with what they do now.

26 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

wait, 4 pages to discuss if forum mods have a right to pass judgement on a thread and lock it, after it has devolved into PvF?  Might as well add my 2 coppers of pointless text to this one...

Anyone have anything else that needs to be said here?

Maybe re-title this thread to "I'm bored - If you are bored, comment here"

Sigh.

It's terrible and mildly confusing that you were forced to read and contribute to a discussion you weren't interested in.

• Like 3

I dont think theres anything left to say here; can a mod lock it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elktazahjr said:

I dont think theres anything left to say here; can a mod lock it?

If there is nothing left to say,  then the thread will get no new posts and slowly disappear from the first page. Where is the need to lock it? Just stop posting in it if you have nothing to say. It is not like we had a flame war in here.

• Like 5

On 4/17/2016 at 1:48 PM, Wargasm said:

You can agree or disagree that Hashi or Vortexxx is a shady character.  Those of us that have been around long enough, seen the complaints on the forums and the horror stories from chatting with other Wurmians know the truth.

The hidden agenda of the forum mods (I think) is to keep the forums as positive as possible.  Seriously, who is going to come try a new game, when they come read the forums and all they see is theft, deception, "the end of Wurm is near" threads?  I disagree with locking these threads, because I think they should be DELETED.  The whole thread.  Keep that negative garbage off the forums.

While the lack of staff intervention and punishment for thieves is something that will never change, we can at least give the appearance that Wurm is a fun game for new people to come play.

The problem with this is then the game would be trying to fool everyone. Its pretty simple... They need to actually deal with the fact players like hashi vortexx are hurting the game by exploiting the brokenness of the game mechanics or lack thereof. If they dont know gow to fix the issues they should make a post and imposse extreamly harsh punishments if things of such nature are done, instead of just ignoring the issue like it never happened. Allowing these kind of players this ability and letting them gwt away with it is driving away players. One of hashi somewhat new accounts bought about 2 months ago was used to catapult into a deed on freedom.. It was a deed the account was a member to sadly. I have been away for a little while so i didnt get to much involved with it at the time but ill be sinking my fingers into this now that im back. However because of this incident 4 people no longer play.

• Like 3

On 17/04/2016 at 7:27 PM, Cornchips said:

i ###### hate this community because of people and threads like this/you

Stop talking to yourself in the mirror!