Hello Skyefox and Hughmongus. First of all i would like to congrats for your great work with Independence map. Maybe you could consider to add my deed in your map. My deed is called Mountain Retreat what is located in Ghost of Dawn Mount (O17 in game map, and should be in 35x45y in Albia Roads Map of Indy). Also there is a new Highway connected deed with Great Mountain South Road, near to Ravendream deed. Find attached the screenie with deed. Best Regards and have a nice day!

1.png

• Like 2

On 9/17/2021 at 12:15 PM, Hergasterix said:

Hello Skyefox and Hughmongus. First of all i would like to congrats for your great work with Independence map. Maybe you could consider to add my deed in your map. My deed is called Mountain Retreat what is located in Ghost of Dawn Mount (O17 in game map, and should be in 35x45y in Albia Roads Map of Indy). Also there is a new Highway connected deed with Great Mountain South Road, near to Ravendream deed. Find attached the screenie with deed. Best Regards and have a nice day!

1.png

You made it in before the cut off.  You have been added.

As we have been busy with a long drawn out moving house, we have been constrained by limited time to go exploring.

We will endeavour to get over there to your area soon to do a Local Roads update survey and add the New Cats Eyes Hwy.

Thank you for the screenie, it is excellent for positioning your deed.

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

..... and we have finalized today's Update of the Albia Roads Map of Indy, (slightly delayed by the 6 hour road trip back from our New RL Home to our Old RL Home for another week at our RL day jobs).

So any geography changes and deed addition requests time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, Sept 19th, 2021 will be added in our next update.

Indy is waiting.... Go and explore it !

Cheers! Hughmongus

Co-Administrator Albia Roads Map of Indy

Update released on 2021-09-19 16:00 GMT (September 19, 2021)

This Week's Update . . . . . another small update  for this week.

Southeast Indy 51x, 47y

- updated the roads in area

- moved the guard tower icon and calling range indicator to their proper location

As always, we have removed disbanded deeds and added those submitted to the Albia Roads Map of Indy forum.

Wurm is waiting....

Skyefox and Hughmongus

Cartographers of Indy

Co-Administrators - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

• Like 1

..... and we have finalized today's Update of the Albia Roads Map of Indy.

Posting will be slightly delayed by the soon to made 6 hour road trip back from our New RL Home to our Old RL Home (where the map data base is stored) for another week at our RL day jobs.

So any geography changes and deed addition requests time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, Oct 3rd, 2021 will be added in our next update.

Indy is waiting.... Go and explore it !

Cheers! Hughmongus

Co-Administrator Albia Roads Map of Indy

Update released on 2021-10-04 16:00 GMT (October 4, 2021)

This Week's Update . . . . .

No major updates for this update.

As always, we have removed disbanded deeds and added those submitted to the Albia Roads Map of Indy forum.

Wurm is waiting....

Skyefox and Hughmongus

Cartographers of Indy

• Like 1

The bend starting at 35/36x 7y heading east has been eliminated, and the diagonal road has been continued.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

The bend starting at 35/36x 7y heading east has been eliminated, and the diagonal road has been continued.

Thank you CD for the map Update.  I will endeavour to get up there and relocated the named street lamps soonest.

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

We wish to apologize for missing the October 16th, 2021 update but we were away from home on an over due two week holiday and our mapping data base stuff was back home.

We will have an update for you for this weekend (unless the heavy  snow takes down the internet).

Thank you for being so patient and understanding.

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Hay!

The teeny-tiny island in the sea north of old Samling area in the far north has a deed named "Nord".

Let me know if you need a picture.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Hay!

The teeny-tiny island in the sea north of old Samling area in the far north has a deed named "Nord".

Let me know if you need a picture.

Yes, I did my best with a tile count.   It has been added to Albia Roads Map of Indy for this update.

Thank you for letting us know.  Great little place you have up there.

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

• Like 2

..... and we have finalized today's Update of the Albia Roads Map of Indy.

(and we brought the main map Data base up with us to our New RL home so we can post it before starting the 6 hour drive back to our Old RL home and another week at work).

So any geography changes and deed addition requests time stamped AFTER 03:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, Oct 31st, 2021 will be added in our next update.

Yes - we pulled a late nighter to get this one ready.

Halloween Indy is waiting....

... blood red waters

... pumpkin deer

... and more

...  go and explore it on your fav skeleton horse!!

Cheers! Hughmongus

Co-Creator-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

• Like 1

Update released on 2021-10-31 16:00 GMT (October 31, 2021)

This Week's Update . . . . .

North Central Indy (24x, 5y)

- added a recently created island in the north

West Central Indy (18x, 37y)

- adjusted the coastline geography

(9x, 42y)

- extensive updating of the roads network in the general area

Stoney Lake South (16x, 38)

- updated the roads network in the general area

Whisper Lake (14x, 35y)

- updated the roads in the local area

Northeast Indy (60x, 20y)

- added two new guard towers and their calling range indicators

Elysian Bay NE (51x, 52y)

- updated roads in NE corner at Troll Lake Canal at the new harbour piers

- updated the geography for the island in Elysian Bay

Haven's Landing Northwest (47x, 48y)

- minor update to the roads in the local area

Wurm is waiting....

Skyefox and Hughmongus

Cartographers of Indy

Edited by skyefox
Text formatting
  • Like 1

39x by 46y Fir Retreat my new deed mayor Traipse this is the grove of fir trees by Haulers old deed

Traipse, On the Go 

• Like 2

On 11/1/2021 at 7:31 PM, kordethbludscythe said:

39x by 46y Fir Retreat my new deed mayor Traipse this is the grove of fir trees by Haulers old deed

Traipse, On the Go 

Thank you for your request to be put on the Albia Roads map.

We will have you on the map for the next update. 🙂

Skyefox

• Like 1

I know this may be longshot, but is there no chance to move this map to the same software that others use?

I know this map works fine, and I've used it forever(but didn't live on inde). But I would love to be able to zoom in more, search for deeds, toggle certain things off and more?

Also the text colour is nearly impossible for me to see being colourblind.

After recently moving to Independence using this map a lot, I'd love the more functionallity. If nothing else consider a text colour change please!

Edited by Enuf
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Enuf said:

But I would love to be able to zoom in more, search for deeds, toggle certain things off and more?

How much more inzoomat do you need then this ???

I get this when I zoom in 

fOsG44h.png

• Like 1

This is fully zoomed in on my monitor.

IVqCiGx.png

Maybe if the text colour was different it wouldn't be too bad with this zoom level. But I honestly can only just read the names of stuff (that's not in yellow)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Enuf said:

Maybe if the text colour was different it wouldn't be too bad with this zoom level. But I honestly can only just read the names of stuff (that's not in yellow)

yah the colour aint good for colourblind people, I  can understand that 

On your picture I only have problem with the red text (I'm not colourblind and dont know why I see red worse)

But suggest colour for them to use, instead of these ones used, and Im sure they do what they can to change it :) 

I dont think anyone disagrees that a search function and more utility to the map would have been nice.

Dont know if this is possible on this map tho unless its reworked on another platform, and i dont know if thats wanted by the cartographers?

Im super happy with the map we have for two main reasons. Its very detailed and frequently updated. In addition the team actually goes around and manually count the tiles ingame to make sure things are at the correct locations. Thats dedication right there.

Ofcourse it would be possible to make a map platform where everyone simply put in the info themselves and no special group has to maintain it. Problem is that many things for sure will be added wrong and things would eventually screw up. I also know how much work it is to maintain a map as i did it on Cadence for a while when that launched.

Thing is; everyone that wants to can make community projects like this, or any other third party tool (niarja, wurm assistant etc). And im sure if another map was made it would be supported. I just dont think its enough desired that anyone would want the hard work that comes with it. Afterall, we do have an updated good map.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 7

My own opinion and expectation concurs with Nordlys' post above.  The players who primarily developed and maintain the existing Independance community map have put alot of time and effort into the cartography and choice of the design of the map and  I support their efforts and what has been created by them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Enuf said:

This is fully zoomed in on my monitor.

I find that I can zoom in much further if I download the map and open on my desktop. Not sure if that is my browser or by design, but that's how I do it when I want detail.

• Like 3

Thank you for the above comments and suggestions on the colour choices we have used in the map.  I have done a small test on the Albia map, changing it to greyscale to see how the different colours are represented.  The red is quite difficult to read in some areas.  Below is a small section where a change in colour has been used.  To our eyes, this looks like a doable change that might be helpful.

https://imgur.com/a/DgDavkq

🤔😟

Well, I can't figure out how to imbed the image in this post, but the link should work.

Comments welcome.

Skyefox

• Like 2

Please don't use Greyscale for your map. The red on that sample is unreadable to me.

The red on the full-color sample's fine, though, for my eyes.

• Like 1