..... and we have finalized this weekend's Update of the Albia Roads Map of Indy.

Any geography changes and deed addition requests that are time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, October 6th, 2019 will be processed in the next update cycle.

Indy is waiting.... go and explore it!

Cheers! Hughmongus

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

A month or so ago my guy extended the Haven Docks Highway east of Villa Rosea (now disbanded) at about 50x48y straight to the East Crystal Highway. It is 2 lanes wide and could be Catseye'd if anyone wants to do that part as I am not going to.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Update released on 2019-10-06  -  15:50 GMT(October 6, 2019)

This weeks updates are:

North Central Indy (40x, 10y; D18)

- updated the roads on the north and east side of the mountain to remove those which are no longer there

North Coast (29x, 5y; E15)

- updated the roads in the area

- removed a guard tower icon and relocated it closer to the coast

- updated the geography to include a newly found chess board

- added a new road tunnel

Inner Sea Southeast (26x, 38y; M14/15)

- added a new guard tower and calling range indicator at 26x, 37y

- updated the roads on the south end of the peninsula

Dragon Fang Southeast (35x, 36y; L17)

- updated the roads in the area around Zorako's Memorial

- added a new guard tower and calling range indicator

Great South Mountain Road
(33x, 40y to 34x, 46y; N17- O17)

- relocated the guard tower icon at 33x, 40y to it's new location

- updated the side roads along the north west section of Great South Mtn road

- removed the sand from areas where grass and trees have been planted

Raven Lake (34x, 44y; N17)

- updated the roads in the vicinity of the lake

- updated the geography of the lake

- added in the sand patches in the surrounding area

- add the guard tower and calling range indicator for the tower that sits in the sand patch

(33x, 46y; O17)

- updated the connection to the highway with the moss that has been planted along each side

Crystal Lake West (35x, 41y; N17)

- added a bridge section which connects the N-S bridge west to the canal entrance

- updated the roads along the west shore of Crystal Lake

Crystal Lake Southwest (39x, 46y; O18)

- added the short bridge which connects the mainland to a small peninsula

(41x, 49y; P19)

- adjusted the geography on the side of the mountain face

- updated the roads on the small outcrop of land

Emenince Island (30x, 62y; T16)

- added the new bridge that connects the island to the mainland

- minor update to the roads on the mainland for the connection

As always, we have removed disbanded deeds and added those submitted to the Albia Roads Map of Indy forum.

Wurm is waiting....

Skyefox and Hughmongus

Cartographers of Indy

Co-Administrators - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

• Like 1

Hi,

I would like to add our deed to the map please, its name is MorMegDel and I am the mayor.

The location is 48x 45y and here is a little picture.

OecwqvI.png

• Like 3

On 10/6/2019 at 1:13 AM, HughMongus said:

There is a bridge to Greytown Island in Elysian Bay?

We did not know.  Thank you for the heads up.

Hughmongus is up in the North of Indy, doing an update survey along the Xanadu-Ultimarius-Castle Gandolfo area.

Skyefox is in Central Indy surveying from the Halcyon Peninsula area eastward thru the south side of FM down to the Raven Lake area.

Any chance you can do some tile counting for us and send us an update Image showing us where to put it?

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Just saw this-if I find myself down in that area, I will!

• Like 2

On 10/10/2019 at 9:09 PM, mrmorlanius said:

Hi,

I would like to add our deed to the map please, its name is MorMegDel and I am the mayor.

The location is 48x 45y and here is a little picture.

OecwqvI.png

Thanks.

We'll have you on the map for this weekend's update mrmorlanius :)

Skyefox

• Like 3

..... and we have finalized this weekend's Update of the Albia Roads Map of Indy.

Any geography changes and deed addition requests that are time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, October 20th, 2019 will be processed in the next update cycle.

Cheers! Hughmongus

• Like 1

Update released on 2019-10-20  -  15:18 GMT (October 20, 2019)

This weeks updates are:

Inner Sea Southwest (21x, 44y; O13)

- minor update to the roads north of the canal entrance

Southwest Indy (18x, 47y; O13)

- minor update to the roads in the area

Kinoss Bay North (13x, 48y; P11)

- updated the geography where water areas have been filled in

Samling Fjord North (28x, 10y; E15)

Inner Sea Southeast (30x, 43y; O16)

- updated the geography in the area

Bay Hill Canal East (27x, 19y;G14)

- minor geography update in the area

As always, we have removed disbanded deeds and added those submitted to the Albia Roads Map of Indy forum.

Wurm is waiting....

Skyefox and Hughmongus

Cartographers of Indy

• Like 2

Any geography changes and deed addition requests that are time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, November 3rd, 2019 will be processed in the next update cycle.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Hello,

Can you add "Syhl Nolife" deed please ?

Coords are 14x 48y

Yellow cross is the deed location. Thank you in advance !

qFGYCN9.jpg

• Like 2

Update released on 2019-11-03  -  14:50 GMT (November 3, 2019)

Mainly deed information updates to the map this week, plus 1 small update to the highway names in the area of Northeast Samling Fjord.

Wurm is waiting....

Skyefox and Hughmongus

Cartographers of Indy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Syhl said:

Hello,

Can you add "Syhl Nolife" deed please ?

Coords are 14x 48y

Yellow cross is the deed location. Thank you in advance !

qFGYCN9.jpg

Hi Syhl,

We'll get you on the map for the next update :)

Skyefox and Hughmongus

Cartographers of Indy

Edited by skyefox
spacing
  • Like 1

After a few months of digging and leveling, I've moved the highway abit around my deed Havilah.

It has a turn less now and is a bit smoother traveling (you can autoride a bit longer now 😛 autowalk, for that keep your eyes on the road, cause the southern part is 20 slope steep going up, the view is rather amazing tho).

https://imgur.com/y8uI5MT

The red line is the new highway, I've outfitted it with catseyes and it connects everything back with where I broke out the old highway (blue line).

The yellow line at the bottom is a bit of the old highway I left in, to still keep Havilah connected to the highway network.

I'm going to make the sides of the new highway a bit nicer (paving and such) to keep trees from growing over the highway and hindering visibilty (I'm thinking of putting some fencing in on one side to, but thats still in the works).

The old boatbridge road is in the process of being reconnected to the new highway I made (tho I havent seen people use it in many years, I'll still reconnect i, so for now, anyone still swiming over will have to go swim/walk abit around havilah harbour, but it should be an easy terraform to reconnect so it will only take a few weeks of digging) (edit: I might even straighten it out while I'm at it, tho I'll have to poke around how the rocklayer is and the slopecount. Should the slope be against me, then I'll work something out to make it run through the harbour of Havilah)

Edit: Later I'm planning to iron out those turns in the south on that picture, so it doesnt do that turn-straight-turnback thingy down there. This would basically make it possible to autodrive/walk for a very long time if you come from the north or go to the north :)

Edit 2: @HughMongus The old highway is still accesable from the south, so if you plan to move the samling-highway-lamps from the old part to the new part, feel free. If you dont have plans, I can make some new ones to to plonk on the new road I made, no prob, just give a yell :)

Edited by Lycanthropic
  • Like 1

Hey guys, sorry that I put a mine door over the mine that happen to be canal (Bay Hill East-West) that I wasn't aware of. When I saw this spot, there wasn't a sign post and made a dirt path to get over on the other side with a wagon cart. Realize it was for passage through with a boat. If I knew sooner this wouldn't have happen in the first place.

So everything is cool now, I torn down the mine door so players can go through there without any issues :)

But there are some roads I want to remove coming down from the hill/mountain that lead to my place. Hope that will not be a problem. Want to seal this spot where I am at and make it wilderness sector and leave the passage going through the mountain as it is.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:46 AM, Lycanthropic said:

After a few months of digging and leveling, I've moved the highway abit around my deed Havilah.

It has a turn less now and is a bit smoother traveling (you can autoride a bit longer now 😛 autowalk, for that keep your eyes on the road, cause the southern part is 20 slope steep going up, the view is rather amazing tho).

https://imgur.com/y8uI5MT

The red line is the new highway, I've outfitted it with catseyes and it connects everything back with where I broke out the old highway (blue line).

The yellow line at the bottom is a bit of the old highway I left in, to still keep Havilah connected to the highway network.

I'm going to make the sides of the new highway a bit nicer (paving and such) to keep trees from growing over the highway and hindering visibilty (I'm thinking of putting some fencing in on one side to, but thats still in the works).

The old boatbridge road is in the process of being reconnected to the new highway I made (tho I havent seen people use it in many years, I'll still reconnect i, so for now, anyone still swiming over will have to go swim/walk abit around havilah harbour, but it should be an easy terraform to reconnect so it will only take a few weeks of digging) (edit: I might even straighten it out while I'm at it, tho I'll have to poke around how the rocklayer is and the slopecount. Should the slope be against me, then I'll work something out to make it run through the harbour of Havilah)

Edit: Later I'm planning to iron out those turns in the south on that picture, so it doesnt do that turn-straight-turnback thingy down there. This would basically make it possible to autodrive/walk for a very long time if you come from the north or go to the north :)

Edit 2: @HughMongus The old highway is still accesable from the south, so if you plan to move the samling-highway-lamps from the old part to the new part, feel free. If you dont have plans, I can make some new ones to to plonk on the new road I made, no prob, just give a yell :)

Thanks for the update on the Highway Lycanthropic.  We'll see about getting it on the map for the next update.

Skyefox

On 11/7/2019 at 6:32 AM, Wildelf said:

Hey guys, sorry that I put a mine door over the mine that happen to be canal (Bay Hill East-West) that I wasn't aware of. When I saw this spot, there wasn't a sign post and made a dirt path to get over on the other side with a wagon cart. Realize it was for passage through with a boat. If I knew sooner this wouldn't have happen in the first place.

So everything is cool now, I torn down the mine door so players can go through there without any issues :)

But there are some roads I want to remove coming down from the hill/mountain that lead to my place. Hope that will not be a problem. Want to seal this spot where I am at and make it wilderness sector and leave the passage going through the mountain as it is.

Hi Wildelf,

Thanks for removing the mine door.  You gave us quite a scare when we saw that. 

I'm sure the Indy players would appreciate it if you at least left the coastal road since that is the main road connection between the west side of Indy and  the central areas and the northern reach of the Inner Sea.

Skyefox

10 hours ago, skyefox said:

Hi Wildelf,

Thanks for removing the mine door.  You gave us quite a scare when we saw that. 

I'm sure the Indy players would appreciate it if you at least left the coastal road since that is the main road connection between the west side of Indy and  the central areas and the northern reach of the Inner Sea.

Skyefox

You welcome, going to find a road that lead directly from the guard tower up on the hill and see where it lead, already cut off that road that has two ways next to cateye. That road was leading all the way down to my deed and very steep. So the other road from the guard tower will connect to that main road somehow, haven't had a chance to do it yet. So for the coastal road around from the Northern part of land is cut off, but there a road going up on the hill. You will see a willow tree there where I cut off, then up. Was thinking when I get a chance to make a path from there all the way around on the cliff side or high up then around to the main road. That way you can see down from up there, give a nice view of the bay.

Sorry I didn't like players roaming around my deed, just too many are trashy and don't take responsible for their action, just like I did with the tunnel. Hugh and I been talking about this, he doesn't mind removing the coastal roads, but still debating the Cliffside network.

Right now trying to get rid of that dock areas, no need for that there.

Edited...

I just found out that road lead from the guard tower to the west will go around like a U turn then back to the main road with the cateye at the end. Also put some wooded fences on the edge where I cut off, it was very steep, someone could actually get killed rolling down there.

Edited by Wildelf

Gud'morning Wildelf,  Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 16:58 GMT

If it is deeded, it can not be trashed.  Such mistakes do occur accidentally around the neubie spawns as folks learn to wurm.

As we have discussed, to replace the Coastal Highway you have removed, I am constructing bypass called Bay Hill Hwy that will connect Samling Way with East Samling Hwy over at the Darkenstone Canal.

I have ensured that the bypass, which is now a Legally protected Cats Eyes Highway, will pass far enough above your deed to give you the privacy you wish.

After I get that constructed, I will be down to put in the frame work of the bridge you want to put across the canal entrance.

Most folks agree with you that there are too many random left over bits of slab and road from long abandoned place messing up the country side.

We wish you good luck in "restoring" the area to a more "natural look".

Do keep in mind that you are located at the end of long established water transport shipping route 

http://prntscr.com/py69gj    (portion of Dec 2011 Indy Map is the 1st record we have of the Bay Hill Cave Canal) so you will get ppl passing through daily at all hours.

Finally a personal thank you for removing that large square of land jutting out in to Bay Hill Bay.

It has been a menace to navigation for a very long time and your removing it will be appreciated by all sailors trying to find the Bay Hill Cave Canal at night.

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

Oh and before I forget....

..... we have finalized this weekend's Update of the Albia Roads Map of Indy.

Any geography changes and deed addition requests that are time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, November 17th, 2019 will be processed in the next update cycle.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Update released on 2019-11-17  -  17:29  GMT (November 17, 2019)

Lots of little updates this week as one of the team spend some time doing a roads and guard towers survey of a few areas of the map.

Lake Tortuga (16x, 29y; J11)

- updated the roads along the east shore of the lake

- removed a guard tower (has been replaced by a mission marker which will be included on the next update

- updated the shorelike of the lake to accommodate the new road

Mountain Hollow Reservoir (12x, 25y; I10)

- minor update to the roads, added a road section by the guard tower

Northwest Indy (12x, 16y; F10)

- minor update to the main road

Colossus Lake Northeast (50x, 11y; E22)

- moved the highway name to accommodate the insertion of a deed name

Crystal Lake Northwest (37x, 38y; M17)

- added in new roads and bridges connecting the mainland to the small island

- corrected the bridge at Port Onody

- minor updated the roads around the deed

Crystal Lake North (38x, 34y; L18)

- updated the roads along the shoreline

- removed a small patch of sand from the geography

(41x, 33y; L19)

- added the mission marker Testimonial of Mantra

Harmony Lake Southwest (38x, 29y; J18)

- added a new section of road along the southwest shore of the lake

- updated the geography to accommodate the new section of road

Crystal Mountain Shoreline (....;L20-L21)

- added the road that connects Crystal Bay Cave Canal to the east side of the lake

- removed the patch o sand at the south entrance to the cave canal

- updated the geography along the base of the mountain to accommodate the new road

(49x, 36y; L21)

- removed the guard tower at the east end of the road around the mountain

- updated the roads and added in a new bridge

Inner Sea West (17x, 34y; L12)

Colossus Lake Highway West (35x, 16y; G17)

- minor road update where the Lake highway joins Freedom highway

Bay Hill Canal Area (28x, 18y; G15)

- guard tower southeast of the canal has been removed

- relocated the guard tower at 30x, 16y and its calling range indicator

- added a new guard tower and calling range indicator south of the Bay Hill canal

- removed the roads along the coast from the east end of the canal going north

- updated the shoreline geography where the roads have been removed

- new road built to restore a connection between Bay Hill canal area and Darkenstone canal

- added highway naming for the connection - Bay Hill Highway

Turtle Passage (20x, 30y; J13)

- updated the tunnel to remove the blockages to travel that were there

(22x, 29y; J13)

- updated the geography to fill in the pond that was there

Inner Sea Northwest (21x, 17y; I13)

- updated the roads where a diversion to the cat's eyes highway has be done

Western Desert to Tenakill Road Tunnel (9x, 32y to 9x, 34y; L9)

- updated the roads to the tunnel

- updated the road tunnel

- repaired the damaged road section at the south end of the tunnel

West Indy - (main and secondary roads from Tenakill tunnel to Mount Awesome (L9 - O10)

- minor updates to the roads along the route

- removed 2 guard towers - at 7x, 33y and 8x, 35y

- correctly positioned the tower at 5x, 21y and added the missing calling range indicator

- minor update to the geography along the coast at 5x, 36y

- repositioned the guard tower at 9x, 44y

Kinoss Bay Northwest (13x, 49y; P11)

- added the new section that cuts across the desert

Hidden Bay (10x, 51y; N10)

- added an extension to the east side of the bay

- added in the mini desert and moss areas to the map

- removed steppe where it has been converted to grass

Wurm is waiting....

Skyefox and Hughmongus

Cartographers of Indy

Edited by skyefox
Minor formatting issues
  • Like 1

Back again, a week ago I managed to connect the boat bridge again. (near Havilah see my post a bit higher in this topic)

I saw you have already drawn a thin blue line where I was in the works of terraforming, it is now connected, altho with another bend in the road XD

The slope difference would have taken me to much time and dirt to make it one long straight road going down to the water, so yeah, I took the easy route like Spellcast back in the day, and squeezed in a bent 😛

Many thanks for updating the map and relocating the lamps

• Like 2

Thank you Lycanthropic.  We were elsewhere surveying this week, so Skyefox or myself will pick it up for the next update as RL was demanding out attention on Friday and Saturday...

....and we did not get see your post until just now as we have been busy integrating the changes we found to the master map.

Thank you for the heads up and for the great job you did with the highway relocation up there.

Cheers!

Hughmongus

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Maps of Indy

Any geography changes and deed addition requests that are time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, December 1st, 2019 will be processed in the next update cycle.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Update released on 2019-12-01  20:10 GMT (December 01, 2019)

Elysian Bay (50x, 54y; R21)

- added the bridge which connect the island to the mainland

- updated the geography of the island

- added a new guard tower on the coast

Bay Hill Canal (26x, 29y; G15)

- updated the roads on the east end of the canal

Lake Tortuga (17x, 28y; J12)

- removed the steppe and the marsh on the south shore

- added the new mission marker (pylon)

Inner Sea West (22x, 33y; L13)

- removed the small patch of steppe

- updated the roads along the coast

- updated the coastline geography

Hidden Bay (10x, 50y; Q9)

- updated the roads and the geography in the area

- added in a section of steppe that was not on the map

(9x, 53y; Q10)

- added a new guard tower and calling range marker

Southeast Coast (5x, 48y; P8)

- minor  updated to the coastline

Darkenstone Canal (18x, 27y; G15)

- added a new guard tower and calling range marker

Wurm is waiting....

Skyefox and Hughmongus

Cartographers of Indy

• Like 1

Any geography changes and deed addition requests that are time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, December 15th, 2019 will be processed in the next update cycle.

Cheers! Hughmongus