On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎20 at 8:10 AM, Marlon said:

Do we post deed names to you or to the main map, or to both now? I will likely use yours all the time, since it contains more accurate geographical data now.

Since Archaed is the official keeper of the Indy Community map for adding deeds, please continue to send those requests to him.  I will pick up any information O need for updating the Albia Roads map from there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dairuka said:

I'm not sure how I feel about my island being shown on 18y/33x.

Don't forget that since the recent map dump Rolf made recently, a lot of stuff is now visible to anyone who cares to have a look at it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skyefox said:

Don't forget that since the recent map dump Rolf made recently, a lot of stuff is now visible to anyone who cares to have a look at it.

True, but it's not widely advertised, and the anonymity is offered through that map's obscurity. I already foresee this map either overtaking or finding parity with the other community map. The anonymity is lost.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dairuka said:

True, but it's not widely advertised, and the anonymity is offered through that map's obscurity. I already foresee this map either overtaking or finding parity with the other community map. The anonymity is lost.

Now I know where you live. Muahahaha!

• Like 2

The map looks great, but could use with another couple zoom levels and the road names are so tiny I can't read them with my poor vision.

Edit: Downloaded it and can zoom in further.

Edited by Kelody
  • Like 1

Very nice job.  But how am i supposed to get lost now?

For years I've been harassing Hugh about sitting in his boat taking pictures. I really did think he was going mental, hehe.

Well now i know. The map looks great too.

Edited by Nightbreed
additions
  • Like 2

On 4/20/2016 at 11:44 AM, Slickshot said:

A lot of work.  I wonder how long it will take to become outdated. lol

Everything in Wurm changes quickly, but this was a labor of love as much as a desire to supply a new map.  If they say it will remain updated, I have every faith they will follow through and if they can't for a time for any reason, I am sure they will ask some of us to pitch in.  Pleased to see Retro put it in the News too.  I love it when Indy works together in support and thanks for jobs well done!  United we stand ... ;-)

• Like 1

A huge project! Thank you for doing this for the community

• Like 2

It might be nice to have the permanent mission sites marked, like Symbol of Strength with their own icon.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, zorako said:

It might be nice to have the permanent mission sites marked, like Symbol of Strength with their own icon.

That sound like a good idea. 

• Like 1

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎23 at 7:43 AM, zorako said:

Having discussed it with Skyefox, we shall move forward with investigating the practicality of implementing.

Give us a month please, as our RL lives and work are keeping us busy.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Cheers!

Hughmongus

Update Issued at 2016-05-01 @ 12:09pm GMT (UTC)

Greetings fellow Wurmians,

Here are some of the changes made in the latest updated version of the Albia

Roads Map of Indy!

Crystal Lake West Area
- Updated the roads
- Added tar patch
- Added guard towers
- Added clay patch
- Added peat patch

Crystal Lake East
- Updated the roads

Samling Fjord Southwest
- Updated the roads

South East Inner Sea Area
- Added clay patch

Fog Lake Area
- Added clay patch
- Modified and correctly coloured peat patch
- Added steppe areas

Northwest Coast
- Updated coastline geography

West Coast
- Updated coastline geography
- Added the canal which connects the west coast to Kinoss Bay
- Updated roads on Stubborn Island

West of Hidden Bay on West Coast
- Updated guard towers on West coast
- Added clay patch

Our thanks to all who have helped us with submission via the Indy Comm Map

Forum, and yes we have those deeds per mayoral request in that forum.

Best wishes for safe travels!
Skyefox and Hughmongus

Edited by skyefox
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2016 at 11:44 AM, Slickshot said:

A lot of work.  I wonder how long it will take to become outdated. lol

Everything in Wurm changes quickly, but this was a labor of love as much as a desire to supply a new map.  If they say it will remain updated, I have every faith they will follow through and if they can't for a time for any reason, I am sure they will ask some of us to pitch in. As for Archaed updating the Community map once a month, um .. no. Once a year, maybe.  Like Marlon, my deeds never got on it either, but it's a huge amount of work and he has other things on his plate like painting my boats! ;-) Pleased to see Retro put Albia Roads Map in the News.  I love it when Indy works together in support and thanks for jobs well done!  United we stand ... ;-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magykal said:

Everything in Wurm changes quickly, but this was a labor of love as much as a desire to supply a new map.  If they say it will remain updated, I have every faith they will follow through and if they can't for a time for any reason, I am sure they will ask some of us to pitch in. As for Archaed updating the Community map once a month, um .. no. Once a year, maybe.  Like Marlon, my deeds never got on it either, but it's a huge amount of work and he has other things on his plate like painting my boats! ;-) Pleased to see Retro put Albia Roads Map in the News.  I love it when Indy works together in support and thanks for jobs well done!  United we stand ... ;-)

I quoted once a month for a reason--it's what Archaed told me he does. Lol

• Like 1

On 2016-05-01 at 3:59 PM, Magykal said:

As for Archaed updating the Community map once a month, um .. no. Once a year, maybe.

The fact that he doesn't post in the thread doesn't mean the map doesn't get the updates. If you'd actually been looking at the map you'd've seen that the updates people request in the thread do get put into the map.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aeris said:

The fact that he doesn't post in the thread doesn't mean the map doesn't get the updates. If you'd actually been looking at the map you'd've seen that the updates people request in the thread do get put into the map.

You know, its simply put. I requested my deed to be added over a month ago. Archead told me that he was going to update it the weekend after I talked with him last. It has not been updated. Just going to leave this out in the world wide web on these forums. 

This map is just overall a lot more useful than the community map. Since this one came out I haven't gone to the community map.

• Like 1

I don't envy the next person that takes money out of his own pocket to support the server for the map project, but I do wish him good luck

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Aeris said:

I don't envy the next person that takes money out of his own pocket to support the server for the map project, but I do wish him good luck

I agree. What I said above is in no way bashing Archead. I support him and appreciate him for doing what he does for the past 3 years I just think that sometimes out with the old and in with the new is true. 

• Like 1

Greetings folks!  It's time for the next update to the Albia Roads Map.

Here are the updated for this time:

Updates for May 15, 2016

Bearshark Bay Area
- Coastline corrected
- Roads updated
- Clay areas added
- Tar patch added
- Guard towers with calling ranges added
- Road access from Great South Mountain Road added (joins to Crystal Canal)

South Crystal Lake (above Crystal Canal)
- Roads partially updated

Stubborn Island
- Roads updated

Isle of Syhl
- Coastline and geography corrected
- Roads updated
- Clay area added

Northwest Coast (Lago El Rancho area)
- Roads updated
- Coastline corrected
- Clay area added north of Silverwing Sanctuary

Until next time, happy Wurming

Skyefox

Mayor Albia Estates

• Like 2

Thanks for all your work! Since the time your map arose I use only this one.

If you guys will find some time to map again the area around the north-south highway from FM and Howl to the south that would be nice, (not further than 44y latitude on your map, not sure about the changes past 44y).

The main change is new two-lane road from Inner Sea to that highway, the fancy weird one ;) it is tricky to build on such slope, especially diagonal. I'd say there are more changes there worth to update.

And please add to the map my deed which is Dobra at the bottom of the new road (south from Freedom Docks).

BTW can we count the new road as a highway?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Syirian said:

Thanks for all your work! Since the time your map arose I use only this one.

If you guys will find some time to map again the area around the north-south highway from FM and Howl to the south that would be nice, (not further than 44y latitude on your map, not sure about the changes past 44y).

The main change is new two-lane road from Inner Sea to that highway, the fancy weird one ;) it is tricky to build on such slope, especially diagonal. I'd say there are more changes there worth to update.

And please add to the map my deed which is Dobra at the bottom of the new road (south from Freedom Docks).

BTW can we count the new road as a highway?

Gud afternoon Syirian,    May 15, 2016 @ 21:34 UTC

Appreciate the kind words.

Per the game rules for Freedom Servers...............

Highways
Highway is defined as a paved road connecting two or more deeds with a format of either a single tile road with sand borders on each side -or- 2 or more tiles wide.

So it is definitely a "legal highway" and we would be delighted to come and tile count it,  as that coastal road is a major artery for traffic from FM to the West Coast Hwy and places out on the west side of Indy.

Per Skyefox's remarks earlier in this topic, can you please post a request to the Indy Comm Map Forum for you deed to be added.   We take all of our request from that topic to keep them all together.

Wurm is Waiting.... and Indy has some lovely sights hidden out in those valleys and mountain passes.

Please think of the next traveler when cruising along the Highways, only takes a minute to repair a Guard Tower or the 20 Tiles to Guard Tower arrow signs which point which way to get help when a mob is nibbling at your heals.

Best wishes!

Hughmongus

Albia Marina on the Inner Sea, west of FM

• Like 1

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎23 at 7:43 AM, zorako said:

Gud'afternoon Wurmian's,

Regarding Mission Ritual Locations, thank you again for your suggestion Zorako .

It has been acted upon and integrated into this Sunday's release of the latest update to the Albia Roads Map of Indy.

Wurm is Waiting!

Best wishes!

Hughmongus

Co-keeper of the Albia Roads Map of Indy

Co-leader - The Albia Consortium

Albia Marina West of FM on Indy

Updates May 29, 2016

Following up on a suggestion made by Zorako and with assistance from Anothernoob, we have started to add some of the shrines, spirit gates, temples, pillars and obelisks that may be associated with the Valrei missions. If anyone has names of more of them (or an approximate location) we will add them to our "To Locate" list.

See the Top of Forum (2nd) post for a list of the ones we currently know about and instructions on how to report a new one you find to us for addition to the map.

This month's Updates include:

Fog Lake and Western Wall
- Removed misplaced guard tower on lake shore north east of Fog Lake
- Added clay areas on the lake north east of Fog Lake
- Added tar patch NE of Fog Lake
- Corrected path for Mountain Hollow Canal and added the foot access way.
- Added a icon mailbox slightly east of the canal entrance
- Added the small desert to the east of The Western Wall
- Removed roads where the desert flowed over them

Inner Sea - South West Coast Area
- Added clay areas
- Added guard tower calling ranges along the main road from north of Lone Pine to North East Kinoss Bay
- Adjusted coastline geography

Inner Sea - South of FM Cave Canal
- Road network updated
- Guard tower and calling range marker added
- Clay area and tar patch added

West Coast Highway - East side of South Inner Sea Tundra patch
- adjusted the Highway to reflect its newer route
- removed old highway section that is no longer there.

Maple Island
- Geography corrected and updated
- Mapped peat patch
- Added clay area
- Removed tundra area since it was not found during the survey of the island
- Roads mapped
- Guard towers and calling range markers added

North Crystal Lake
- New roads added and existing roads corrected
- southern lake network north of Crystal Lake remapped

Harmony Lake Area
- Correct lake coast line

Kinoss Bay East
- Coastline and geography corrected
- Roads added and correct inland towards the mountains
- Guard towers and calling range markers added

Elysian Bay
- corrected small section of geography at the Inlet Channel Canal
- Guard tower and callign range marker added
- Roads added at Inlet Channel Canal

East Coast
- Removed a guard tower and calling range marker south of House of Pain
- Added water body name "Oak River" to an east coast inlet.

Stubborn Island
- Roads updated

Enjoy!

Skyefox
CM Indy and co-keeper of the Albia Roads Map of Indy
Co-leader - The Albia Consortium
Mayor Albia Estates

• Like 1

I have disbanded Narnclaedra so it can be removed. I have moved up by Collosus Lake See Below

qXUbLsP.png

• Like 1