Sign in to follow this  
ToiletTsunami

Theft notice

I'm new to wurm, never owned my own deed, and enjoyed the game for the most part.

I moved into a deed on the east coast with someone who allowed me to stay on their deed, so i know nothing of perms or how to check or double check perms.
We had been doing renovations to the land and had dig up a lot of dirt (for me it seemed like a lot) 43 large crates full of dirt, 3 fullish of rock shards, 3 fullish of sand and a number of empty/partially filled large crates.

Apparently, the deed owner had reset the perms a weeks or so ago to allow a neighbor to drop off some stuff on deed and didnt reset the perms, which basicall left everything open (free to take a guess?) a feature Wurm should address so villagers KNOW if their stuff is safe by being able to see but not alter the deed perms.

This led to all of the crates on the deed being pillaged and relocated about 150ish tiles away to another deed. This deed being owned by Vahnessa, who is related to Vortexxx either thru account sharing or being one and the same.

Shortly after all these crates were taken, Vortexxx posts in the trade channel:
[20:18:58] <Vortexxx> (Xan) WTS 43 Crates Of Dirt (16s Crates included into the price) Free Delivery

and sells to god knows who (if it was you, i'd love to talk to you to check something).

So, I venture to this deed, a short 2 minute wagon ride, to see some crates with some of my messed up renaming. I inquire with vortexxx about his (seeing as how he stored a large number of rares at this deeds front gate with his name plastered all over them) to see if this were true and if it were at all possible to get any of it back.

He denies ever taking anything, says he hasnt been to that deed in a long time (even though he was actively trying to sell rares on that deed).

Today, I get some of the crates returned, none of the dirt crates, he claims everything was returned and someone must have stolen them again, even though the deed owner was on shortly after he was.

Sure, its a game mechanic to be able to take whatever you want that isnt bolted down, just seems shady to do that to your neighbors. It's my fault for not knowing/having no way of knowing about the deed perms for a deed I dont own and dont have access to see the deed perms for random people.

Wall of words, vortexxx now claims this was done by two new random deed villagers, Aase and Malika or something, but something just doesnt add up.

waa waa aside, I'm likely not getting back the weeks of work I put in as a new player and there is nothing i can do about it. So this is just a public notice I guess, not that most will care. But just use some caution when dealing with vortexxx, bolt down your crates, hide your kids, cause if you happen to leave anything laying around (especially those who cant see deed perms) yo cold get jacked.

-1 player to wurm. enjoyed it mostly, could have had a better combat system, could have had more trustworthy players.

Vortexxx even stole the wine that Enki placed on starter towns for players during new year and then tried to sell it. Vortexxx even tried to sell goods that never existed in a fake post and when asked for a screenshot of the goods he said "sorry I cannot give screenshot because these items are costly".

Pathetic seller to buy stuff from. Can't even imagine living around such a player, sorry that it happened to you.

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 2

I do remember that dirt being for sale and i don't see this as something that you would just make up but there is not much that can be done about it as you say.  If it helps any we have all been a victim to deed settings or some other kind of oversight in the protection metagame. Not that it makes it any better or anything but just about everyone that plays has lost something from an oversight at some point.

Mine was a missing door lock to my animal pens and a bunch of slaughtered animals but the good thing about that one is that there is a setting now to protect them even if they are not locked up now.   

Edited by Kegan

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:08 PM, Enki said:

I do believe I may have okayed it but maybe not fully understanding the implications of what I had done

wine wasn't stolen hash but I got tons of wine still just not enki's anymore lol   hell ieven tried stealing the supreme fountain it was new years :) 

still need to change your tampon hash my little punk forums bull haha

I already cleared things up with this guy so I enjoyed the post love the drama queens :)

If this is cleared up, then wouldn't it be better for the op to actually state that it's been cleared up rather than the person actually.... you know.... causing the drama? Kind of hard to believe you otherwise Vortexxx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vortexxx said:

wine wasn't stolen hash but I got tons of wine still just not enki's anymore lol   hell ieven tried stealing the supreme fountain it was new years :) 

I already cleared things up with this guy so I enjoyed the post love the drama queens :)

You are a horrible seller and everyone knows it. The moment you advertised fake goods like "Fantastic glimmersteel longsword" and said "I dont have pictures of it, cant give screenshot of something so rare", it was obvious you were just acting like you had the goods.

Go play minecraft where you came from kid.

oh you're a ###### paragon of the people aren't you Hashirama you pathetic thief.

• Like 2

I thought Vortexxx was another Hashirama forum account.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hashirama said:

You are a horrible seller and everyone knows it. The moment you advertised fake goods like "Fantastic glimmersteel longsword" and said "I dont have pictures of it, cant give screenshot of something so rare", it was obvious you were just acting like you had the goods.

Go play minecraft where you came from kid.

Correctly typed the message by Hashi would be:
I'm a horrible seller and everyone knows it. The moment I advertised a overvalued toon like Hashirama and said "I don't have skill list of it, I can't give skilllist of something so supreme", it was obvious I was just acting like I had the value.

I'll go play Minecraft cause I'm a kid.

Don't throw rocks in a glasshouse, Hashirama.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hashirama said:

Vortexxx even stole the wine that Enki placed on starter towns for players during new year and then tried to sell it. Vortexxx even tried to sell goods that never existed in a fake post and when asked for a screenshot of the goods he said "sorry I cannot give screenshot because these items are costly".

Pathetic seller to buy stuff from. Can't even imagine living around such a player, sorry that it happened to you.

3 hours ago, Vortexxx said:

wow stole a free gift from enki meant for everyone and tried to sell it?

3 hours ago, ToiletTsunami said:

He denies ever taking anything, says he hasnt been to that deed in a long time (even though he was actively trying to sell rares on that deed).

Today, I get some of the crates returned, none of the dirt crates, he claims everything was returned and someone must have stolen them again, even though the deed owner was on shortly after he was.

and i thought he was an honest trader was about to send him a bunch of rares now i know better

The wine that was meant for new year and was at all starter towns, yes he tried to sell it. What kind of person sells stolen goods? seriously

33 minutes ago, Hashirama said:

The wine that was meant for new year and was at all starter towns, yes he tried to sell it. What kind of person sells stolen goods? seriously

Can't steal a gift unless it was taken before being given. I really don't see the big deal anyway.. I'm far worse... For example " I would have catapulted the front door of anyones house, taken all items out, then begin to sell everything like a Saturday garage sale". You people need to see what outside looks like. Games allow us to do things we'd like to do in RL that normally would be frowned upon. This is also why I play on PvP servers

9 hours ago, Vortexxx said:

Yes, definitely "cleared things up". According to everything I've heard from the guy, this is not the case, but that's easy to say now that he's gone, isn't it?

Hashi, you calling anyone shady is a little like the pot calling the kettle black.  But, having lived near Summerholt for over a year, I know from experience that you're a saint compared to Vortexxx and his crew.  They are the reason no one lives near Summerholt anymore, they are the reason new players (that randomly select Summerholt) don't stick around, and they are the epitome of the reason why some folks are pushing for an increased level of staff intervention in player dispute matters.

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

They are the reason no one lives near Summerholt anymore

honestly, the worst thing they can do on freedom is abuse your own stupidity

I apologize for siding up with the one who suffered and putting my own input about the one causing the suffering.

Thank you for exploiting the thievery of Vortex.  We should all know to think twice before working with him from now on--although many won't care.  This is indeed helpful to those who don't appreciate being scammed or lied to.

Edited by Slickshot

Regardless of who took the dirt (seems pretty obvious), I have to say that I think that OP and OP's Mayor are culpable as well. If you are going to run a public village, especially one with new players, it's your responsibility to provide security and education about the limitations of security. And always make sure your doors are locked and permissions set before you set anything down.

As someone who has taken things which were left out due to an oversight and then returned them once I found out the owner was still active, I think it would be appropriate for the dirt, or the coin made on the dirt to be returned. But, since OP has already quit, inB4LOCKED.

3 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

Regardless of who took the dirt (seems pretty obvious), I have to say that I think that OP and OP's Mayor are culpable as well. If you are going to run a public village, especially one with new players, it's your responsibility to provide security and education about the limitations of security. And always make sure your doors are locked and permissions set before you set anything down.

As someone who has taken things which were left out due to an oversight and then returned them once I found out the owner was still active, I think it would be appropriate for the dirt, or the coin made on the dirt to be returned. But, since OP has already quit, inB4LOCKED.

Agreed to an extent, but stealing from a deed is shitty and people should know better regardless of any permissions.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you shouldn't. And even then, acting like an ass after the ordeal doesn't help your situation either.

• Like 1

Oh I agree, Xallo. If it's lootable on deed that is clearly an oversight that should not be exploited by goodly people.