Sign in to follow this  
Psalamon

Is this how new Wurmians are treated by the vets....

1 hour ago, Psalamon said:

yet you didn't ignore it.. i wonder...  as the title says ""New to Wurm"" how can you guys expect to get new players when this is how they are treated you include Corndip, like come on.. no wonder this ship is sinking.. thnaks  i just made up my mind on spending my next  money.. such a hostile enviro.... and Megacidal all the neighbors are wary of you after what you pulled , just because someone is nice tyo you doesnt mean they arent grasping their sword...do you NOT SEE the problem...

And a client developer takes sides with the so called vets sheesh.. lets teleport over to PVE megacide Archnide or is the 1/40th troll slayer a coward.. did they let hit it twice were you A BAD GIRL.. or did you follow suit and walk away so the other girls could slap the outnumbered Troll King as well.. screw this.. i am switching to Chaos.. where people like you HAVE to show respect.. damn i begged them to move there deed over as my Mentor was slow in adjusting the deed and for your ###### i'll deed over half your man.. so good luck mining anything but silver... HA!

I didn't take sides with anyone. Wurm greets you with a theft warning box the moment you place something down. That is the nature of Wurm. You must work to secure your lands and what you own, or you will very likely lose them. We do have Wurm Unlimited as an option if you'd prefer to play by yourself and not have to worry about this, but to call people out for using the game mechanics as they stand is silly and only serves to create drama. Drama which unfortunately drives more people away from Wurm than neighborly disputes.

You are now contributing to the "hostile environment". You are calling out everyone who disagrees with you, most of us who have put a great deal of time and money into this game and do so because we enjoy it and know exactly what we're getting from it. Do what most of us have done at one point or another in Wurm: Take this as a lesson learned. Wurm has a lot more to offer than a few tiles and a mine on one server. It took me three years to find a place I liked, and the first thing I did was deeded a sizable chunk of it to plan things out. I then shrank my deed down when I was set on what I wanted. I don't live in fear of anyone "taking" my land.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barberman said:

Hey Psa! As we build our Deed, all neighbours was friendly to us! only you have offended us, from the fiorst day we deeded near Vrock. You have a Problem, when you think that all Mines where you build a Door in front of, it is yours! You are a liar!! And tittles us with Nazis, (we have screenshots) because we are germans. WE have a peautiful relationship to all neighbours. except with PSA!

If you have a chat log of them calling you Nazis, you could probably contact /support or GM with that.

17 minutes ago, Kerry said:

If you have a chat log of them calling you Nazis, you could probably contact /support or GM with that.

Do people really do this lol? When someone is saying bad words to u, u go say it to a grownup? 

I thought this community was more mature lol

There will always be people who follow the rules and play nice and people who think that rules are a limitation to exploit and play for self gain. In every aspect of life you find this. The internet just allows people a sense of anonymity so they are more apparent.

Look at the people who are caught macroing, and then whine when caught. It is against the rules but seems to only apply if they get caught.

1 minute ago, LorenaMontana said:

Do people really do this lol? When someone is saying bad words to u, u go say it to a grownup? 

This is how it works everywhere. GMs are there to help keep the game on track. 

Just now, NeeNee said:

The GMs in this game seem to have a lot less power than any other game I have ever GM'd or even played. imo this limitation affects what they can do to keep the game on track. I could be wrong but from what I am experienced and read this seems to be the case.

1 minute ago, Saicotic said:

The GMs in this game seem to have a lot less power than any other game I have ever GM'd or even played. imo this limitation affects what they can do to keep the game on track. I could be wrong but from what I am experienced and read this seems to be the case.

I think they keep a looser grasp on things than in some games (more than in others!), but they seem pretty responsive to hate language/nasty name calling and the like. 

This games community hates new players but, desperately needs them.  I'm guilty of it too, no one likes a newbie shed within eye-shot of their deed, etc.

This game has some of the most nasty people towards new players I've ever seen. As a result, we have the low population servers we have today. 

The "deed it or lose it" is fundamentally anti-new player. It is equivalent to saying "I'm taking all your ###### because you don't know enough about the game to stop me"

• Like 3

I happen to know a little about the situation, I live in the general region.

Sadly - in my personal opinion - this is a genuine conflict between players that can happen when two groups of players compete over the same space - and when these groups also have wildly different opinions on how to use it. Nobody is to blame here, I think both groups are playing well within the rules of the game. I believe there's also nothing that can be done in the current game to prevent these situations, we just have to accept that this type of conflict will happen occasionally.

It's just what can happen in a sandbox game.

• Like 3

I'm not a veterinarian, but I've been playing Wurm for many years?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BuddyDude said:

I'm guilty of it too, no one likes a newbie shed within eye-shot of their deed, etc.

Just a little info, in no way meant to criticize your post. It's the other way round in this case, a few newish players are there, a few sheds and cottages are there, a few small deeds are there (amongst them the deed where the OP lives) - in comes a group of established players and plants a huge deed smack across the old roads, hunting grounds, grape fields and mines. Bringing in the bulldozers to make it all flat. :)

Like I said above - well within the rules of the game. Of course I can also understand that the old population there isn't exactly enthusiast about it.

Wurm as a game gives players more freedom than pretty much any other existing MMO, and with ultimate freedom, sometimes comes ultimate jackassery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeeNee said:

Imo a big waste of time if a GM is busy with stuff like handling drama and personal vedettas

1 hour ago, LorenaMontana said:

Don't you get muted or something if you say certain things over GL_Freedom chat?

Surely same rules apply to local/PM?

What's mature about calling someone a Nazi? That's like one of the most childish insults there is on the internet.

Better to get rid of someone who thinks that it's a good idea than just put up with it, in fear of being called immature yourself.

Also... "bad words to u, u go say it to a grownup" might sound better if you don't write it like a child yourself.

Edited by Kerry

2 hours ago, BuddyDude said:

This games community hates new players but, desperately needs them.

That's not a general truth. I have found experienced players giving me a warm welcome when I started to play. Almost everybody I met was friendly and helpful.

I like the Wurm community (well, the majority of it - you always find some bad apples.)

• Like 2

^^I agree. Everyone was really nice to me as a newb. I do think Wurm social norms can be harder for a newbie to understand and I think that newbs, vets and those in the middle could all work on our getting along skills from time to time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eobersig said:

Just a little info, in no way meant to criticize your post. It's the other way round in this case, a few newish players are there, a few sheds and cottages are there, a few small deeds are there (amongst them the deed where the OP lives) - in comes a group of established players and plants a huge deed smack across the old roads, hunting grounds, grape fields and mines. Bringing in the bulldozers to make it all flat. :)

Like I said above - well within the rules of the game. Of course I can also understand that the old population there isn't exactly enthusiast about it.

This has been my experience many times in the past.

Semi-recently I asked someone who had moved a highway near me what their plan was. I was told I'd better get used to change because as he said "More of my friends are coming and we'll own this whole area soon enough. After that no one is coming through." Sure enough about 2 months later I came back through and all the small deeds in the area had been disbanded and it was 4 or 5 huge deeds with the entire area walled off.

The local people who'd lived there before said they were harassed and closed off until they either quit or moved.

Edited by Depends

I've had similar experiences PSA, when I first started playing my neighbor was just hard to deal with. I didn't give up though instead I decided it was best to stay in the area even though later he decided to place deeds around mine land locking me from expansion, your going to have this in any sandbox game. I bet that land isn't even worth getting worked up about, travel around and find a better place - the stress isn't worth it.

You're still learning, it takes awhile but its not without it's rewards long term.

Hope that helps, also for these so called 'veterans' you do yourself injustice greifing and harrasing newbies, people tend not to forget anything in Wurm, you should consider making this right instead.

3 minutes ago, Niki said:

I've had similar experiences PSA, when I first started playing my neighbor was just hard to deal with. I didn't give up though instead I decided it was best to stay in the area even though later he decided to place deeds around mine land locking me from expansion, your going to have this in any sandbox game. I bet that land isn't even worth getting worked up about, travel around and find a better place - the stress isn't worth it.

You're still learning, it takes awhile but its not without it's rewards long term.

Hope that helps, also for these so called 'veterans' you do yourself injustice greifing and harrasing newbies, people tend not to forget anything in Wurm, you should consider making this right instead.

Is this all veterans, or just "veterans"?  I'm a veteran of Wurm Online, but I don't harass newbies so.....just want the clarification please. :)

Just now, Slickshot said:

Is this all veterans, or just "veterans"?  I'm a veteran of Wurm Online, but I don't harass newbies so.....just want the clarification please. :)

You don't want to go there today.

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

You don't want to go there today.

Yes he does :)

• Like 1

Also Megacide and Arachna were just sold so they probably are not vets, Psalas condescending rude attitude as this thread progressed doesn't help eg calling Cornchips Corndip. AS well do you really think your attitude would go down well on Chaos lmao, they'd kill you repeatedly till you shut up, they dont HAVE to show you anything except the bottom of their boots as they kick you to the server border, that's the beauty of being on pvp servers.

16 minutes ago, Drastox said:

Yes he does :)

Maybe tomorrow, a slickshot vs niki debate would ultimately derail this thread. :mellow: