Sign in to follow this  
Kswords

One Month Premium and Less

I would like a 1 month of premium option without the silver.

I am suggesting a 1 month or less(15 days) of premium time option.

Or maybe an option to pay less than 10s at tokens for a few days of premium.

maybe 40-50c for a day of premium.

I have an alt that can not commandeer a sailboat because his premium time has run out and all I want to do is move him to a different part of the server in that boat. I just want a small amount of premium time to get him and the boat to a safer area, but I do not want to pay for an entire 2 months and I don't need/want any silver.

Edited by Kswords
  • Like 3

couldn't this be abused for affinities, as well as referral?

unless it doesn't give the items.

• Like 2

make it  so you need to have at least one month of full paid premium before this option shows up 

• Like 5

+1

I would like this a lot, also for example maybe I want to be a priest for a day but not a whole month.

52 minutes ago, shakys said:

couldn't this be abused for affinities, as well as referral?

unless it doesn't give the items.

Just don't allow it for new players only existing accounts.

45 minutes ago, Gronkh said:

make it  so you need to have at least one month of full paid premium before this option shows up 

+1 from me for a great idea.

+1 I also find this useful for ppl who have a lot of stuff going in their RLs, like me, but love Wurm anyways. Sometimes, I can play for 2 weeks, sometimes I can't. I would love to have this kind of option.

Smaller increments would be quite handy, especially for chars on servers with limitations on account types. For example Chaos (or Wild as it was known at the time) was once premium only.

On a related note... being able to gift people from the web shop.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Yep +1. I wanted to try wurm, and was forced to buy 2 months worth. I ended up quiting early, wasted money.

+1. I would do this often. What usually happens is I think about preming an alt for some chore, then stuff happens and I don't. Once again, money that could have been made by the game not made.

Bump.

Love the feedback.

>Only on accounts that have already paid for at least 2 months

>Gifting premium

About the affinities and referrals part.

As far as I know you only get referrals for the first time paying. So the 2 months would solve that.

On the other hand, affinities would be a problem.

How about once you've lost your affinity you can get one back after 1 month of premium time? Also your very first affinity should already be unlocked from creation so that once you lose that you can only get a new one after 1 month of premium time.

Or adjust it so that you get a new affinity every 2-3 months so that affinities become less abundant and not something to farm.

Edited by Kswords

While the idea of a smaller premium package is nice, I seem to recall (and could be wrong) that the reason the minimum purchase amount is 10Euros is due to the way paypal process fees for rolf. 

Basically they take a percentage of any transaction, but the set minimum fee is the same as the percentage on 10Euros so anything less than that he is effectively getting charged a higher percentage.

(following numbers just made up so the math is simple, no idea what the actual fees are)

So if the fee is 10% and the minimum is 1E, on a 10E purchase the fee and the % are the same

IF he sells something for 5E, he still gets charged 1E so now he is paying 20% of the sale in fees.

It may still be worth it to offer some smaller amounts of premium that can only be purchased for in game silver, but lower amounts via paypal might not be worth it due to the fees.

(and this is all assuming i remember correctly..)

21 hours ago, spellcast said:

While the idea of a smaller premium package is nice, I seem to recall (and could be wrong) that the reason the minimum purchase amount is 10Euros is due to the way paypal process fees for rolf. 

Basically they take a percentage of any transaction, but the set minimum fee is the same as the percentage on 10Euros so anything less than that he is effectively getting charged a higher percentage.

(following numbers just made up so the math is simple, no idea what the actual fees are)

So if the fee is 10% and the minimum is 1E, on a 10E purchase the fee and the % are the same

IF he sells something for 5E, he still gets charged 1E so now he is paying 20% of the sale in fees.

It may still be worth it to offer some smaller amounts of premium that can only be purchased for in game silver, but lower amounts via paypal might not be worth it due to the fees.

(and this is all assuming i remember correctly..)

Theres quite a simple solution to that...let the customer pay the fee-difference. with these particular numbers the price for half a month would be 6€

Aye buying in larger amounts or bulk would of course be cheaper.

I disagree with offering less than a month of premium, but the minimum of 1 month sounds reasonable.

Like already mentioned, there are two problems - referals and PayPal fees (PayPal charges flat rate and % from every transaction, so getting below 10 euro becomes no longer profitable).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Warlander said:

Like already mentioned, there are two problems - referals and PayPal fees (PayPal charges flat rate and % from every transaction, so getting below 10 euro becomes no longer profitable).

OK, but what about paying smaller amounts of silver or copper in-game for premium time?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Warlander said:

42 minutes ago, Kswords said:

OK, but what about paying smaller amounts of silver or copper in-game for premium time?

Is it possible have a toggle on and off for premium, with a long cooldown ?

On 4/21/2016 at 6:15 AM, Warlander said:

This would become a matter of lowering the exchange rate of Euro to silver, but not the actual Euro cost itself, that way the transaction fees stay the same but you get more silver for your money.  Not saying that will ever happen, but it's the only way for such gains to happen and still technically be "profitable".

While this is a good idea for many, I'm not sure it's good for CC. If 19 people pay 50c for part time premium, that's still less than 1 of those people paying 10s for a whole month.

bad for business.  No reason for CC to even consider this.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Frosty said:

bad for business.  No reason for CC to even consider this.

I can see paying for one month at a time being feasible, but anything less is ridiculous.  I'm personally okay with the system as is.

• Like 1

What would be wrong with letting a person prem one of their alts for a week? For me, the alternative usually ends up being not paying at all. For example, when I breed all my cows, I would be happy to prem my spare Fo for a week or two just to hang out on that deed and cure bad traits if any come up. But instead of preming the spare Fo for a full time, I just use the usual Fo that's always premium and just have to run around a bit more. That's a week or two of payment that doesn't happen.

Edited by LorraineJ

13 hours ago, LorraineJ said:

What would be wrong with letting a person prem one of their alts for a week? For me, the alternative usually ends up being not paying at all. For example, when I breed all my cows, I would be happy to prem my spare Fo for a week or two just to hang out on that deed and cure bad traits if any come up. But instead of preming the spare Fo for a full time, I just use the usual Fo that's always premium and just have to run around a bit more. That's a week or two of payment that doesn't happen.

Think large scale.  This isn't about catering to the individual needs of each person.  If they took the time to do that they'd lose a lot of money in small tweaks here and there that are demanded by very few.  Sure, let's say you offer the opportunity to prem 1 week at a time.  Fair estimate on how many people need that option based on your example:  a few dozen?  Fair estimate on how many people would use that option solely because it exists:  a couple hundred?  At that point you no longer have people subscribing for 2 months at a time and bringing in the standard amount of cash flow, instead you have people dropping a few coins here and there whenever is convenient for them.  Simple math will show you how disastrous that would be long-term for the cash flow of this game.  Lower cash flow = less development staff.  It would be a horrendous route to go.

• Like 1