Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #15 Beginnings and Birthdays

header.png

Hi Everyone,

This week has been a little chaotic, but with the dust settling we have announced our new contracted team. This allows us to continue to ensure stable production of the game, as well as improve in some key areas!

Today was Eriks last day, so I'd like to take the time to thank him personally for his work on Wurm. He's always been a delight to talk with, and refrained from making players able to be hitched to carts, which is always a plus.

Now, on with the news!

Patch Notes

Spoiler
April 14, 2016
  • Information Minister territory messages have been removed.
  • Branches, Rock Iron and slate/marble shards can now be discarded from inventory.
  • Bugfix – Some reported height problems with creating bridges have been resolved. If you were affected by this bug please log a support ticket for material reimbursement.
  • Bugfix – Many grammar and spelling issues corrected.
    • “After breeding you will start stop leading.” is now “After you finish breeding you will stop leading.”
    • “Rumours of The Unique Name is starting to spread.” is now “Rumours of The Unique Name are starting to spread.”

New Positions
As mentioned by Rolf yesterday, we've now hired several of the development team into contracted positions, to increase responsibility, recognise work and ensure that the taskload was spread out. Below is a brief rundown of each position and the responsibilities involved.

Budda: Product Manager.
Budda will be taking over key development and team duties, managing the volunteer devs and ensuring that adequate resources are available to make sure the job gets done. He will also be leading the design and planning for the game, making sure that Wurm continues to release new and exciting content.

Keenan: Code Manager
Keenan will take over managing updates for both Wurm Online and Wurm Unlimited, working towards an improved update schedule with a focus on giving as much information prior to features going live.

Taufiq : Payment systems
Taufiq will work on maintaining and looking at improving our payment integration systems over time, allowing us greater account control and flexibility to connecting these systems with ingame features.

As mentioned as well, Daryl will be contracted to working on webmaster features, aiming to improve security and functionality within our web services, Alectrys and Enki have also been contracted in their respective positions of testing and Head Game Master, allowing them to continue to dedicate the necessary time to the role and ensure that Wurm continues to improve!.

Birthdays!
My birthday is today, just saying (I like shiny things!). But more importantly, Wurm celebrates its 10th year since turning gold on the 6th of June 2006 (I saw The Omen that day!) We're already working on some projects to celebrate the occasion, and hope you're all as excited as we are!

Starter deed competition.

We've had a few entries into the starter deed competition, but many were left unattempted. I expected more for Xanadu but the small number just means we can run more later on! We'll continue to keep an eye out for design contests so you can all flex your creative muscles and show off just what is capable in wurm!

The corresponding entries are here:

Community Content

This weeks community content is something I found when visiting a player. Enki will be very pleased!

screenshot.png
Thats all for this week, with the staff changes things may be a bit hectic and slow over the next week or two, but soon we'll be back in gear with more info on Rifts, PvP changes, and maybe even a fancy potato sack or two!

Till then, keep on Wurming!
Retrograde and the Wurm Team.

• Like 7

"The big PvP overhual has to wait, as there are more important things we have to do, like POTATO ###### SACKS!"

Honestly though, it's too late for epic already, nice job dude..

Didn't get the hint and really like that capes and stuff are coming in this case, still though....hurry!

Edited by Quicktor

3 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

"The big PvP overhual has to wait, as there are more important things we have to do, like POTATO ###### SACKS!"

Was a joking hint at king armour, but dont worry, art isn't a part of the pvp improvements!

Good luck contestants; I believe in all of you!

Edited by Slickshot

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Was a joking hint at king armour, but dont worry, art isn't a part of the pvp improvements!

it is for me

art is life capes pls

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

it is for me

art is life capes pls

I did suggest burger king uniforms, but apparently there's copyright issues

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, Retro!!!! I hope you will have some great fun :D

• Like 1

Congrats to the new team members on their new responsibilities and good luck once again to those leaving.

Oh and happy birthday Retro! 

Wow 10 years of Wurm, that's truly amazing. Well done to everyone who has contributed to making the best sandbox MMO out there! Although I've only been playing for a few years my /playtime already looks like this:

[23:32:27] You have played 252 days, 22 hours and 5 minutes.

I hope dearly that we'll all be sitting here in 10 more years and looking forward to the upcoming 20th birthday! Ultima Online will turn 20 years next year and is still up and running, so it's not impossible!

Edited by Malena

Which one is Budda again?

Congrats guys! :)

And happy birthday Wurm and Retro. May you both age well ;)

Happy birthday Archaed/Retro.  Does this mean you get double the gifts!?  How old/young might you be?

6 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Happy birthday Archaed/Retro.  Does this mean you get double the gifts!?  How old/young might you be?

The big 3-0 now, feeling old already!

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Birthdays!
My birthday is today, just saying (I like shiny things!). But more importantly, Wurm celebrates its 10th year since turning gold on the 6th of June 2006 (I saw The Omen that day!) We're already working on some projects to celebrate the occasion, and hope you're all as excited as we are!

*scratches his head* If Wurm turned gold on the 6th of June 2006, doesn't it mean it won't celebrate its 10th year till 6th of June 2016, not today? Or am I missing something :)

Also, happy birthday, Retro!

1 minute ago, Valdor said:

*scratches his head* If Wurm turned gold on the 6th of June 2006, doesn't it mean it won't celebrate its 10th year till 6th of June 2016, not today? Or am I missing something :)

Also, happy birthday, Retro!

Not missing anything, but I couldnt make it all about me!

Plus, we're starting our planning now, so things are going to ramp up, You'll start seeing some things around

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saytheb said:

Which one is Budda again?

Congrats guys! :)

And happy birthday Wurm and Retro. May you both age well ;)

HOLY COW. It's a saytheb post!

THE END IS NEAR!

End of.. bugs!

• Like 3

Gratz on the positions guys! 

Happy Birthday Retrograde 

Edited by Dyson

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

dont worry, art isn't a part of the pvp improvements!

Clearly you never met Joanavon. Fashion is the ultimate competition. *hair flip*

• Like 10

and I almost forgot - please bring back gift wrapping - those models and the idea of giving presents in nice wrapping are great. Nerf the decay if needed, but please bring it back. Still I'm so sad stumbling upon the gifts I had to left on Cele (as gifts could not cross servers).

• Like 6

well glasshollow market team can sort out Glasshollow spawn  but we are just to lazy to work with deed planer insted of playing wurm.  But as i says we are ready for work if no one else is :D

Oi mate stop stealing my birthday!  It's also new elevations birthday ;)

Happy Birthday, Retrograde!

Hu? Only three Starter-Deeds there? What is with the other ones on Xanadu and the other islands?

Hmmm.... i should send you one for the Starter-Deed Linton!

A moment of silence for the Goldv1 maps that didn't make it... :(

Edited by Klaa

8 hours ago, Chikiza said:

Happy Birthday, Retrograde!

Hu? Only three Starter-Deeds there? What is with the other ones on Xanadu and the other islands?

Hmmm.... i should send you one for the Starter-Deed Linton!

All starter towns were up for re-design. They apparently only got submissions for 3 of them and the contest is now over with those entries up for voting.

But agreed, Linton needs it the worse out of all of them. :/

• Like 1