Redesign contest voting  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite!

• Keep current starter deed
    • Vote for new starter deed entry

eZuC8L8.jpg
http://imgur.com/a/8bYUp

Esteron Redesign
Natural, Clean, and Functional are some of the main ideas behind this Esteron redesign. Many new players leave the Esteron starter town right away, because of its lack of having any significance to them. We wanted to keep the changes to the starter town to a minimum, but also wanted to add some much needed improvements and some usability to new players. With the redesign changes we are proposing we hope to make the Esteron starter town an important part of life for a Wurmian in the south east Xanadu area.

Going over the changes that the team is submitting, every building and area has a purpose.

Town Center- The center of the starter town is larger and has a direct connection to all the buildings. The deed token was moved off to the corner so that a center piece could be added. We all preferred that the middle piece be the bull vs bear HOTA since bears are one of the most common aggressive creatures in the area. In case that the HOTA is not allowed we would replace it with a marble brazier surrounded by various other statues. The Bartender is indicated on deed planner as the practice dummy next to the settlement token in the SE corner. Players will have access to a water fountain directly south of the HOTA statue. The Epic portal is shown on the SW corner of the center for easy access to the epic servers.

Cookhouse- The timber framed building with pottery roof and flooring has been set aside as the Cooking, Farming, Gardening and Beverage making area. In this building we will have access to ovens and food storage for new players who wish to try cooking different meals. Also, a fruit press and different barrel types will be available for any that want to try making beverages. On the 2nd floor will be beds (shown as coffins) for new players, whether it’s free for a certain amount of time or can be rented. Each bed would have a chest at the foot of it for personal new player storage.

Farm- Behind the Cookhouse is where the farm and garden area is located. The gardens could be useable by new players to grow crops which could then be used in the cookhouse to make food. There are a few grape bushes if players want to have a hand in beverage making. Also three pens are available to show different animals that can be taken care of (groomed), such as bulls/cows, chickens and pigs. Maple trees are also in the area to allow access to maple syrup when in season.

Smithing building- across the road of the Cookhouse is the Smithing building with brick walls, brick floors, and slate roof. Forges, anvils and other tools will be available for new players to get practice with the various smithing skills. Coffins, chest, and crates will be nearby for holding supplies and materials that a new player is using while smithing. The 2nd floor will be the same as the Cookhouse 2nd floor, beds will be available for new players.

Combat Area- Fighting is essential to staying alive in Wurm so a practice area has been setup behind the Smithing building. New players will be able to practice fighting on the practice dummy’s in order to get their fighting skill up and also to become familiar with the combat system in Wurm Online. For the players who prefer to attack from afar we added an archery range where new players can practice shooting at archery targets.

Mine- The location is flexible and can be moved around the SW area of the starter deed, but the main idea is to have a mine accessible to new players. This would be a fairly small mine with maybe 1 or 2 veins of ore, primarily an iron vein. The vein quality can be kept low so that only new players will desire to use the mine. Allowing access to iron in a safe area will give new players the chance to mine their ore and then smelt it in the Smithing building. To keep the mine from running out of control the inside rock walls could be reinforced along with the floor of the mine.

Tailoring Building- The building with the wood walls/floors/roof will be set aside as the tailoring building. New players will have access to spinning wheel and loom to practice their tailoring. Also this building serves as an example of house design for new players, showcasing fencing/flower beds/animal pens. Directly behind the Tailoring building are 2 pens, 1 for sheep that can be sheered for wool and tailoring purposes and another pen for showcasing horses.

Decoration Building- The split design building with stone walls and timber framed walls will be used as a show room for various decorations available in Wurm. Examples of tapestries will be available along with armour/weapon stands, variety of statues, house furniture, rugs, etc. The idea is to show new players what they can make in the future and that homes can be much for then just a place to rest your head and store tools.

Trade Center- the Timer framed building on the NW corner of the town center is where the Trader NPC’s will be located. One or two of the traders will be on the porch while the rest are inside behind some makeshift counters. The inside will be decorated to reflect that this is a place to buy and sell. The 2nd floor will have more new player housing available much like the other housing already mentioned.

Chapel- Directly north of the town center is where the Chapel will be located. Altars of each type will be present to the various gods available to members of the Freedom Isles (Vynora, Fo, Magranon and Nahjo). New players may meet with veterans in the area to be converted to a religion and will then have access to an altar to pray at while at the starter deed. For fun access to the bell tower will be available so players can ring the bell and interact with the environment more.

Meeting Center- The large square, open are in the NE corner of the town center is where the Meeting Center will be located. Various GM created objects can be places here or connected to this center, such as the portal that was implemented to take players to the labyrinth. Players can meet here to shoot off fireworks like the previously New Year’s party with Retrograde and Enki.

Fishing Pond! – To allow new players the chance to catch their own meet and also experience the wonder of fishing, we added a small but functional pond that can be used for fishing. Esteron if far from lakes and oceans so the only source of meet would be from hunting. Most new players aren’t ready to start hunting right when they start, or would even prefer not to kill the friendly pixel creatures roaming the lands. We all understand that this addition may not be possible as the Esteron Starter deed is high above the water level, but we think this would be a wonderful addition to the town.

We hope that you enjoy the redesign and all of us appreciate the time that the Wurm Staff took to make this event happen.

• Like 3

heyyy I seriously misread and voted wrong ...... I want this deed as the new starter deed. I thought it was saying show a new option or something .. my bad.

This is why you're the Insane King of Esteron and have been recently dethroned =P

• Like 3

Lookin' good! Will be nice to see Esteron get a facelift if the new design is chosen.

• Like 3

Hey!  This is just like what I was thinking of... except it is better thought out, 10 times more complete, and 20 times more functional... but except for that, it's practically identical!

Can we have a 10th anniversary decorating event?  Esteron seems a little bleak these days.