Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Green Dog redesign Contest voting!

Redesign contest  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Redesign contest voting

• Keep current starter deed
    • Vote for new starter deed

Only one entry for Green Dog, but that just makes it easy!

4neAUWA.jpg

Full album here:

http://imgur.com/a/nZBux

Deed plan must fit in with surrounding areas to look somewhat natural to the region :
This entry is heavily based on the current Green Dog design, keeping both history and effort alive as well as showing what can be done in wurm.

Fencing along deed borders :
Deed is totally fenced in, excluding road and water way access, the core center of the deed with the token is well protected. Allowing enough protections for new players while keeping an open area feeling

Religion Representation and trader locations :
A whole new temple is accessible near the token (including altars of the new and old faiths), on the other side of the token will be the bartenders and traders. Keeping both religion and economic matters right next to each other as Deliverance  always used to do.
Recruitment Board and mailbox will be available as well in that core center. Allowing easy access to deeds for new players as well as an easy location to find a mailbox.

Meditation :

Current land design allow us to have both PoK and PoL tiles on deed. Design and setting will allow to keep those available for every player seeking to level their meditation. Those tiles being often removed otherwise by new players or neighbors.

Fantastic Portal :
Will be placed on the west side of the deed, towards chaos and the PvP lands, a reminder of Deliverance location and how it influenced deeds on the whole west coast.

Crafting buildings :
The existing building will be used for that purpose, allowing new and old players to work inside it, forges, oven and looms will be provided and improved at a sufficient QL.

Sleeping quarters :
Beds will be included on the first floor of the old community center and inside the new horses' pen and inn. Allowing once again new and old players to rest or log off when a restart happens.

Examples of farmland or animals raised :
Farmland are kept as existing on the actual GD design.

Look and feeling desired :
Deliverance is one of the old servers nowadays, many plans and changes have been done around green dog, the surrounding market place and overall area. Keeping that history alive is important to us and as such the most important features of the deed will be preserved as well as improved to show what is deliverance nowadays.

Water and delians, Deliverance have plenty of water bodies but none of them were properly connected to the sea. We worked in the past years to fix that with canals, cave canals and nowadays bridges. Green Dog had to show this which is showed by the new river surrounding the city center. Attention will be taken to prevent drowning by allowing easy climbing from the said river. Signs will warn the new players about drowning.

Creativity, once again Deliverance got plenty of interesting towns and even with the limitation on walls we had to show some respect to the great deeds of the past with their crazy design, terraforming and buildings. This is the main idea with the new town center, impressive enough while being lag free.

Some trees will be present near the deed borders to allow any damage on the perimeter to be reduced over time. Lawn / deed design / oaks and willows will prevent excessive spreading while keeping a natural look for the area, as well as allowing those tiles to be foraged/botanized.

A small resort with a focus on sitting and chilling around enjoying the view of the southern lake and the mountain in the back ground will be created near the PoL tile. Emphasis on trellis, hedges, statues and potentially bushes will be used to show the delians ties to natural looking areas and how they improved them over the years.

• Like 16

I really like the new design!

how long are the votings open by the way?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KaiH said:

it is May now, btw...

Starter deeds
After two weeks the votes have settled, with Esteron and Deliverance being very clear in wanting the new designs!

The voting closed on the 28th.  The winners were announced in a very small portion of the weekly news on the 29th.

Alright, because I'm lazy to make an official forum notice, just announcing here that the work on Green Dog is started.

Nj9t8Yf.jpg

Which means that yes, Wilca, Darmalus, Yaga and myself (who have been spotted in local a few times) are behind this project. (Also means we are the ones digging holes in green dog, rest assured, you can still use the deed as normal, if you don't mind the shoveling sound).

Many thanks to Enki, Jberg/Logi, Tarrisa who helped us set shop, move things around (saving as much of old GD as possible) and destroy things (and remove those pesky GM protected tiles).

A few things can be done to help, like fixing the surroundings, working on the perimeter canal, or donating one banner per PMK to illustrate Deliverance direct ties to Chaos... or at least as it used to be before the plotting course.

Edited by Odynn
Fixing ze Engrish
  • Like 9

Aye, trouble is, none of us are the deed owner / mayor, so we cannot set the perms on our own and we totally understand why the non citizens ones are still locked.

As mentioned though, the perimeter can use some love. Smoothing the land - adjusting the slopes and area look to the new deed design.

cCnrmKm.jpg

More thread hijacking... today's called : walk toward the light! Deli new rift beam perfectly inline with the new road and beach (bottom left corner of the picture in OP).

Progress are going as well as our shovel damages show, the water ways are taking shape one of them being 'mostly' done.

Edited by Odynn
odynn sucks with links
  • Like 2

Maxim 20. If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win (Quoted from a webcomic you should read while Wurming)

oB1vSKx.jpg

Yes, the place look like a war zone, but I swear it's coming along nicely... now just imagine it with less dirt around and more grass.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Odynn said:

Maxim 20. If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win (Quoted from a webcomic you should read while Wurming)

To be fair, we shelled our self just for the fun of it this time around. :P

After a long night of work, trickery, magic and slightly annoying rock layer, we are proud to present you our latest production :

GM in the mist.

VA8uK7y.jpg

No GM were harmed in the process, Enki might lack some sleep though. Huge thanks for all the help again.

• Like 5

Making good progress! Here are some more WIP screenshots:

ZuS460u.jpg

NYVFRhz.jpg

ullPv99.jpg

4QVCChG.jpg

• Like 4

D7IwrSj.jpg

45QXhId.jpg

potatoe quality as usual. Yaga do better screenshots than I do.

Also, we are at that part of the job where most of the work is done and we are pondering the decorations.

*To be or not to be a large barrel*

Edited by Odynn
moar data
  • Like 4

Totally love the discrete mosaics in the port.

I have played around a bit with pavings in Deed Planner and just love the possibilities that opens for deco!

[19:15:46] <Deliverance> I formally declare the Green Dog Remodel finished. Applause to the team that made it possible! Darmalus! Wilca! Yaga! And that stinky french guy...

It was garlic! and maybe onions too!

• Like 9

realy nice work :D  i hope we could make glasshollow even better :D

congrats on another piece of beautification of Deliverance

Just came to see Green Dog for myself...Looks great, nicely done you guys...I think the most eye catching was those man-sized statue of nymphs...The gold dye was a BEAUTIFUL!!! Also, I thought this was oddly out of place, but two silver lamps seem placed rather odd lol :P I can't wait to see some of the other starter deeds...

pCMACnI.jpg

xxxzieb.jpg

• Like 1

I wish the new green dog had some nice big pens where people could drop off spare horses and pets for newbies. It would need real grass.

41 minutes ago, LorraineJ said:

I wish the new green dog had some nice big pens where people could drop off spare horses and pets for newbies. It would need real grass.

There is a pen area behind the Inn where animals can be kept.

10 hours ago, Mykoal said:

Also, I thought this was oddly out of place, but two silver lamps seem placed rather odd

Aye, forgot to ask a GM to move them, they are locked in place (from when GD used to be a bit bigger).

9 hours ago, LorraineJ said:

spare horses and pets for newbies

Not that many newbies around sadly, most of the accounts we have seen while working on GD were traders alt. but yes, we have a spot for horses / grazers.

7209136093b1e685cb4b5b4334cf5f2a.png

you just got to learn to badger the right people

On 03/07/2016 at 11:35 PM, Mykoal said:

I thought this was oddly out of place, but two silver lamps seem placed rather odd lol

Fixed. Thanks again Logi.

• Like 2

I like the diverse building selection, for freedom a display of multiple building types makes sense and looks great.

ofc on pvp servers everything should be stone.