Sign in to follow this  
Aeryck

PvP Drama and the Rest of Wurm

7 minutes ago, Klaa said:

Anywhere there is communication, there will be drama.

Teach me, Klaa-chan.  Very true point, but definitely sounds like it came from a fortune cookie.

2 minutes ago, Odynn said:

Staff members are representative of Wurm community and CCAB. So no, they can't have all the opinions or play the game as they want. And that's something staff members SHOULD know when posting that kind of thing.

I strongly disagree here.

For example: If people have a suggestion about epic mechanics and smejack and firestarter have an opinion on the case they should share it immediately, w/e they think is nice/good for the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

So the personal attacks on the above, which it is, and quite honestly this is a drake kill so not hurting anyone's feelings on loosing out on a roll for a bone, but the above was posted to create drama and nothing else.

I really don't understand why lis was included, one of the nicest people I know in game and would go out of her way to help someone, but the simple fact that she is a champion and since champion's can not leave the chaos server could not even attend this event anyways. So this was just thrown up as a jab to her, a personal attack.

How can you not expect drama on a lame drake unique slaying event, there is zero chance on a valeri item and the drake hide may drop enough for a pair of gloves. This is just another fluff public event to make everyone feel good about how kind these people are for setting up a public kill. If it was a valerie dropping unique, pretty sure the rolls would not be left open to the general public.

Their slaying, their rules. Sounds like you are getting mad over something so silly to me. Do you know how petty that looks? To me it makes me think of a kid who didn't get invited to a party and throws a hissy fit because he didn't.

• Like 1

You have the option to ignore the characters who post pvp related items outside of the pvp thread.  That's your decision.  They aren't braking any forum rules and to be honest.  Forum pvp is healthy for both sides, it lets off steam outside of playing the game.  It let's both side be smug posters with both groups thinking they are winning at wits as well as game play.

I honestly was happy another person from Eve was on here.  I never thought of looking your character up until today. https://zkillboard.com/character/91451791/ You can't be scared of PvP, nor should you be against it growing.  It's one of the reasons why Eve is a very successful game and why Wurm has never really taken off.  You are in full control of the situation.  Do what ever you want, just don't make forum posts like this about it.  You already have the power to solve the problem, you just have to do it yourself.

10 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

For example: If people have a suggestion about epic mechanics and smejack and firestarter have an opinion on the case they should share it immediately, w/e they think is nice/good for the game.

When you have an official badge right under your name, you can't say everything since it involve yourself and the game as a whole. And in the case of opinions, how do you know it's their own, the team ones, or whoever pull the strings... nor how much that will impact how said suggestion is seen.

RL or IG representative can't say everything they want, at least not when they are wearing the uniform or are associated with their company/party/job. It's afterall the best way to get sued.

(Also amusing how you get it back to a PvP matter when it's a common sense one.)

Edited by Odynn

18 minutes ago, thirtynine said:

You have the option to ignore the characters who post pvp related items outside of the pvp thread.  That's your decision.  They aren't braking any forum rules and to be honest.  Forum pvp is healthy for both sides, it lets off steam outside of playing the game.  It let's both side be smug posters with both groups thinking they are winning at wits as well as game play.

I honestly was happy another person from Eve was on here.  I never thought of looking your character up until today. https://zkillboard.com/character/91451791/ You can't be scared of PvP, nor should you be against it growing.  It's one of the reasons why Eve is a very successful game and why Wurm has never really taken off.  You are in full control of the situation.  Do what ever you want, just don't make forum posts like this about it.  You already have the power to solve the problem, you just have to do it yourself.

lol about time someone looked me up :). Nobody has only one pilot in EVE though :) I love PvP. What I don't love is derailing discussions with it.

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

In the time I was in that alliance due to merely talking to mr people I was threatened of expulsion from this freedom alliance if I ever went to chaos and joined mr.

When I was in the MR kingdom, I talked on irc with a member of JK. I was threatened with being expelled from the kingdom if I would not reveal their whereabouts or assist into setting up a backdoored trap scenario. I was called a skanky annorexic ###### when I refused to do this (amongst other more or less exciting things) and left the kingdom. Since then, every tiny opportunity these people find to smear my name, they will take it.

Tell me more, tell me more about how evil one kingdom is for doing exactly what they all do

Every kingdom has asswipes in it, and they're the most vocal ones. Just ignore them altogether for a more pleasurable experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LorenaMontana said:

1 hour ago, Odynn said:

When you have an official badge right under your name, you can't say everything since it involve yourself and the game as a whole. And in the case of opinions, how do you know it's their own, the team ones, or whoever pull the strings... nor how much that will impact how said suggestion is seen.

RL or IG representative can't say everything they want, at least not when they are wearing the uniform or are associated with their company/party/job. It's afterall the best way to get sued.

(Also amusing how you get it back to a PvP matter when it's a common sense one.)

While I would certainly add my opinion on the matter, I would consider what I was saying very carefully. 

Every time I post something, I will re-read the post multiple times to make sure it's completely appropriate.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alyeska said:

When I was in the MR kingdom, I talked on irc with a member of JK. I was threatened with being expelled from the kingdom if I would not reveal their whereabouts or assist into setting up a backdoored trap scenario. I was called a skanky annorexic ###### when I refused to do this (amongst other more or less exciting things) and left the kingdom. Since then, every tiny opportunity these people find to smear my name, they will take it.

Tell me more, tell me more about how evil one kingdom is for doing exactly what they all do

Every kingdom has asswipes in it, and they're the most vocal ones. Just ignore them altogether for a more pleasurable experience.

Jake just doing the typical freshman Chaos thing of painting his whole enemy with the same brush. Likely a small amount of people causing him an issue, but problems shout louder than positives. Everyone does it (kingdoms aside) but once he's been there a few years and he see's the real core, he'll either merge with the toxicity or jump ship.

Not sure how 'known' you are in your kingdom but you should prob set up a social experiment in few months (should pvp still exist lol) when this post is forgotten about. In a positive note, suggest you're looking to change kingdom to see how it is on the other side or quitting MR as a whole and moving to freedom. Certain individuals will insta-PM members of the enemy kingdom digging up as much dirt, trash talk whatever to defame you, even if you left on a good side. You've probably heard of all the thieves, scum, traitors in MR (one side of the story).. They were likely all Core MR players who grew tired of the real deal. There's many sources of this, you should check out the other side of the stories.

2 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

not poor ol me?  :(

pvp and pve both have trouble makers and drama, it's not a pvp or pve thing, it's just a people mentality thing

I don't really see it as pvp vs pve really, it's the same game.  pvp is just pve with targetting and smashing enabled, and pve is pvp with targetting and smashing prevented by mechanics and rules.  There are pvp updates that hurt pve, there are pve updates that hurt pvp, nothing is new.  We're all playing the same game and nothing else can hurt it more than forcing the divide and both sides causing drama and airing it.  No one is going to say "hey this game looks ok, let me check out the forums to read up on it" and then leave feeling like this is the game they want to play when all they read is pvp vs pve and drama vs drama and whatnot

It's just a video game, we can either attempt to have fun playing it and help it survive and grow with actual new blood or present a horrible image for it by holding onto artificial drama and problems over pixels

That said it's really super annoying as burned chicken to read kvk crap in bug threads or whatever, just keep it to skirmishes where we can all laugh at the dumb stuff we post a week later

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

not poor ol me?  :(

pvp and pve both have trouble makers and drama, it's not a pvp or pve thing, it's just a people mentality thing

I don't really see it as pvp vs pve really, it's the same game.  pvp is just pve with targetting and smashing enabled, and pve is pvp with targetting and smashing prevented by mechanics and rules.  There are pvp updates that hurt pve, there are pve updates that hurt pvp, nothing is new.  We're all playing the same game and nothing else can hurt it more than forcing the divide and both sides causing drama and airing it.  No one is going to say "hey this game looks ok, let me check out the forums to read up on it" and then leave feeling like this is the game they want to play when all they read is pvp vs pve and drama vs drama and whatnot

It's just a video game, we can either attempt to have fun playing it and help it survive and grow with actual new blood or present a horrible image for it by holding onto artificial drama and problems over pixels

That said it's really super annoying as burned chicken to read kvk crap in bug threads or whatever, just keep it to skirmishes where we can all laugh at the dumb stuff we post a week later

If some random silly neighborhood dispute from Pristine finds it's way onto Chaos or Epic, I'm sure people from Chaos or Epic would make fun of those people at first. However, if those same disputes kept going back to Chaos and Epic when they shouldn't, I'm pretty sure the pvpers would be just as annoyed as some of the pvers have expressed.. Would you want a whole bunch of drama that you don't cared about spilling into your kingdom that has nothing to do with your kingdom? That's what's happening on the pve servers.

The thing is, geographically speaking the pvp servers are separate from pve servers; therefore, it is artificially a pvp vs pve issue. Geography defines it, not the actual definitions of pvp and pve.

It doesn't matter if it's to do with in game or on the forums, it's still a bunch of drama that's in a place where it shouldn't be.

Edited by Lotus1

Dridmar here to give my 2 cents.

I've probably floated through all the kingdoms by now, just like another person that people seem to like to target on these forums.  In most of those kingdoms I may not have been the most active, useful, or sociable; with that said, I have always tried to be respectful friend and foe alike.  What I don't like to see is if somebody makes a mistake or does something a group of people don't like then this person can potentially be haunted the rest of their Wurm life.  I think the forums should be a lot more strict to remove these personal attacks.

So from my experience I think you need to be 

Respectful of property and items that aren't yours.

Respectful of other people in and out of combat.

A person who doesn't trash talk on the forums or in-game.

Perceptive enough to identify strains in relationships and bandage it before it becomes a bad or severely damaged relationship.

to have a decent experience on Chaos.

Edited by HarryJPotter
added to
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, HarryJPotter said:

What I don't like to see is if somebody makes a mistake or does something a group of people don't like then this person can potentially be haunted the rest of their Wurm life.  I think the forums should be a lot more strict to remove these personal attacks.

Hey, I have an example of this. I made suggestions on the forums several years ago, and people didn't like my suggestions. So ingame, I got kicked out of alliances, and people spread rumors about me being a bad person, etc.

I like how PVP and the combat mechanics are one of the worst i have seen in a MMO (Or non MMO), yet there are people getting super serious with this. It's just weird to me lol.

Then again i'm sure you can find a game (Or game-mode) that i love to play despite everyone shaking their head. So as long as it's fun for the player, fine with me.

Just maybe don't let ###### escalate to EVE-like levels of dickishness. Someone told me this is a video game after all.

16 hours ago, MrGARY said:

No one is going to say "hey this game looks ok, let me check out the forums to read up on it" and then leave feeling like this is the game they want to play when all they read is pvp vs pve and drama vs drama and whatnot

THIS!

Aeryck, Here is the message I got from your OP. That pvp discussions should be kept within those sections of the forums since most PvE players are not familiar with those issues and have little interest in them anyway or they would be playing on those servers. If this was your message then I agree with it and if not then I still agree with what I have perceived it to be.

You did do a good job of presenting it in a non-offensive manner and perhaps that is why this point was overlooked. Then again maybe I am wrong and this is just the way I see the situation. Still, this self restraint won't be exercised by pvp players since they are free to post pvp topics within any forum section that they choose whether designed for that purpose of not. A noble but futile endeavor, if this was your intent.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Jk held anouther private unique kill today and did not let anyone on the server know about it!

25 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Jk held anouther private unique kill today and did not let anyone on the server know about it!

i really don't think you understand the OP's post, as this is exactly what he is talking about and trying to get people to avoid.

Edited by Propheteer

This thread has run its course.

Pandalet (Assistant Lead Forum Moderator)

• Like 1