Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 14/04/16

I do not pvp, but I do feel confident that if the devs test and take their time to implement the proper changes then those changes will draw more players back to pvp.  The pvp community has lost a lot of blood over the years, and dwindled significantly, but new features in Wurm always seem to pull players back into the fold.  New, well thought out, and well balanced features would revive even a dead PvP community--of this I have no doubt.

I'm at the point where I would only play the pvp if it was free. the forever dream is nice in pve world. but pvp needs to be quicker and reset. this will make new players come and learn the ropes so they can do better next time. not grind for years to have a meaningful account. the next problem is having to pay for 2+ subs because priests are nice to have, but having a crafter/fighter is even more important. while yes some people can get away with a priest or crafter/fighter as their main and only char but not for me personally. If i die in pvp i'd like to be able to replace my enchants on gear without having to make someone do it for me. while challenge wasn't exactly prefect, it has so many nice things that I feel it could be a very popular style of play. what I see is to run like 2 or 3 small servers with like 100 capacity. each different in many ways. be that as the map, the objectives, the religions, etc many cool and interesting reasons to play. While the winning side or what ever can get some fancy cosmetic stuff or statues etc. to take home to their freedom deeds if they choose to play there too. lastly meditation and spells, yes I know you're making some changes to sotg etc. but I think they both need to be completely redone and more balanced. 

edit to a few more things don't show player numbers on the forums, just simply if the server is up or down.

what made epic not epic was giving it to freedom. while yes some of the things are nice additions to the over all game but it took away from why you even created it.

Lastly i'm not saying close the pvp servers, because some people my still enjoy that style and are heavily invested in that format. but to bring in new players there has to be something that can look forward too and that just might be a reset which will allow them to be back on a similar playing field as their opponent.

Edited by Aetherion

Pvp is stale and dead.

A few simple fixes won't fix that, imo.

• Like 1

should have just went on with the plan to reset epic every 1-2 years or so and transport all the chars to freedom after each round so there's some objective value left

On 4/14/2016 at 7:20 AM, Retrograde said:

I don't think that rushing changes without evaluating the impact is a good idea. We want to improve PvP, that includes making sure it works and doesnt have unexpected (or completely expected) drawbacks

Hmm this is really funny considering the actions of the wurm team:

banning players during raids

taking peoples weapons from them without any warning( double cast weapons)

rewarding players moonmetals for rolf's snap decisions

sparta safe mine getting removed

GM's teleporting players on pvp servers with enemies in local

im sure theres many more snap decision things that people can list.

People are literally selling up and quitting because they are tired of waiting for things in the game to get changed.

You promise people things are going to get changed, yet the players have to wait weeks and months to see any real results....

Honestly less people would quit if there were less "mentioned changes" as of now players are left hanging and waiting untill something changes.

I don't think it is possible to do more dmg then what has already been done, the players who still actively play will probably never leave until the game is straight up dead.

I haven't even been playing wurm myself lately and have been trying alternatives because atm the current pvp system is pretty boring once you get maxed out gear etc.

I dunno why folks complaining about pvp taking so long. Yeah I'd love for it to be better but you're foolish to think it'll work well if it's rushed out for tomorrow. If it's buggy, broken or OP to the point where it makes people quit, then they'll likely lose more subscribers than it just being delayed.

Before PvP changes: "Why is this taking so long?! We need these changes NOW! This is why PvP is dying!"

After PvP changes: "You ###### idiots should have tested this more! This is why PvP is dying!"

• Like 2

Also if an item is bugged, don't expect it to remain, that much was clear from fountain packs.

i don't mind how long it takes, heck I've played wurm long enough to not care, a time scale would be nice but not necessary

they can keep delaying it all they want whats the worse that can happen the population going down even more or at a faster rate ? Theres not much left anyways. Also a large number of people saying dont rush or take your time w.e. are people that already quit the game and stopped playing. 

Elevation : 

OOMBvqo.png

Affliction:

Z8lo9mj.png

Desertion:

hi50p8R.png

Serenity:

5vACRjN.png

Edited by Egard

1 hour ago, Egard said:

they can keep delaying it all they want whats the worse that can happen the population going down even more or at a faster rate ? Theres not much left anyways. Also a large number of people saying dont rush or take your time w.e. are people that already quit the game and stopped playing. 

Elevation : 

OOMBvqo.png

Affliction:

Z8lo9mj.png

Desertion:

hi50p8R.png

Serenity:

5vACRjN.png

What happened on ele in December?

3 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

What happened on ele in December?

think it was VD premming up their 50 sermon alts