Sign in to follow this  
Raffeh

Teleporting in Enemy Local

Hi Wurmians!

I have just started playing on a Wurm Unlimited Server and I was just hoping to ask some questions about the teleporting in local mechanic which is employed on the Wurm Online Version of the game. As I am assuming this will be the same mechanics across both games.

I am under the impression that if a enemy is in local they cannot teleport no matter what. Can someone confirm this is true? (it would be stupid if it wasn't IMO)

Secondly if someone goes into a cave in local and stealth's meaning we cannot see them, can they then teleport? I am assuming as they would still be able to see us in local they couldn't teleport?

Apologies if this is in the wrong sub forum, any mods can move to a more suitable place. thanks.

I get the feeling that it is intended to function as; If you see enemies in local you cannot teleport by any means.

currently though I'm pretty sure there are bugs that allow one to teleport out of local directly in front of an enemy player and even off of horseback as it's been done before by parties whose name probably needs no mention.

20 minutes ago, whereami said:

I get the feeling that it is intended to function as; If you see enemies in local you cannot teleport by any means.

currently though I'm pretty sure there are bugs that allow one to teleport out of local directly in front of an enemy player and even off of horseback as it's been done before by parties whose name probably needs no mention.

I assumed the above.

Slightly worried about bugs but understandably these are things I cannot change or help. Its just nice to know the 'what is supposed to happen' So I can just play by those rules until I personally notice any bugs.

Sometimes the Wiki can only help you up to a point and then it becomes very specific questions!

5 hours ago, Raffeh said:

I assumed the above.

Slightly worried about bugs but understandably these are things I cannot change or help. Its just nice to know the 'what is supposed to happen' So I can just play by those rules until I personally notice any bugs.

Sometimes the Wiki can only help you up to a point and then it becomes very specific questions!

no you cant teleport with enemies within local range

enemies entering a cave and thus leaving your local wont allow you to teleport, because they are still within local range

you entering a cave to leave their local will not allow you to teleport, because they are still within local range

stealthing does not affect the ability to teleport in any way, it will not allow you to teleport

i dont know of any bugs that allow you to teleport while within local of an enemy, and im usually pretty good about finding or knowing about bugs

usually when players enter a cave or stealth in order to teleport, its because when you do so you leave the local of the enemy, and the enemy continues to search for you. in their search for you they may very well leave your local range by searching in the wrong direction, at which point you would be able to teleport because they got far enough away

Thank you for your detailed reply Alex.

In this particular incidence we knew exactly where they were and they could not of left our local in the cave.

I spoke with them the day after via Team Speak and they would not tell me how they got away. Just to note they have majority of their kingdom titles, could that be some way of getting out of there? Or another Title having the power to 'summon them' pulling them from the mine??

I'm not sure how it was done but they definitely did not leave the cave and they definitely was not in there.

I guess we will just have to keep playing in the knowledge that there is some way to achieve this and if I personally find out any more information ill pop it straight over to the dev's to sort.

(Also I heard path of insanity, random teleport can be used in enemy local?. Maybe I'm wrong who knows.)

5 hours ago, Raffeh said:

Thank you for your detailed reply Alex.

In this particular incidence we knew exactly where they were and they could not of left our local in the cave.

I spoke with them the day after via Team Speak and they would not tell me how they got away. Just to note they have majority of their kingdom titles, could that be some way of getting out of there? Or another Title having the power to 'summon them' pulling them from the mine??

I'm not sure how it was done but they definitely did not leave the cave and they definitely was not in there.

I guess we will just have to keep playing in the knowledge that there is some way to achieve this and if I personally find out any more information ill pop it straight over to the dev's to sort.

(Also I heard path of insanity, random teleport can be used in enemy local?. Maybe I'm wrong who knows.)

nah insanity teleport cant be used with enemies in local

if this happened in WU it could very well be some sort of bug related to whatever mods are on the server

also depending on how long they had its possible they suicided and recalled their corpse, which takes 5 minutes

Edited by Alexgopen

If you have your karma window open before an enemy pops local, you can teleport out.

If you're fast enough or your connection is slow enough, you can get on/off your mount and teleport out.

Had these two happen to me before, no idea if they are fixed or not as I don't play the game.

56 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

If you have your karma window open before an enemy pops local, you can teleport out.

If you're fast enough or your connection is slow enough, you can get on/off your mount and teleport out.

Had these two happen to me before, no idea if they are fixed or not as I don't play the game.

The block on karma is selecting the town portal option not the window last I've seen

No idea on the second, since we don't reload the world like we used to years and years ago