Sign in to follow this  
Marlon

Parameters in SERVERS table defined.

Morning guys.

Could someone with the right answers, preferably, someone on the CC dev crew, please pretty please, explain what the parameters in SERVERS table do.

There's a bunch that are obvious, and then there are ones that I cannot find any information on. They must be significant, else they would not be there or have any values :)

CRMOD for example, how poll timings work, and what they do... 

It would be appreciated. Else, refer me to a thread where this has been documented, libila knows I tried finding it.

I had some downtime to burn at work, so...

• SERVER - Server ID. Should be unique in clusters, and servers should have the correct ID for each other, otherwise weird ###### will happen.
  • NAME - duh.
  • SPAWNPOINT* - Spawn points for each kingdom. Not used if random spawn is on or if a kingdom has a permanent village.
  • HOMESERVER, KINGDOM, PVP, EPIC - Set the ruleset for the server. See http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Server_types but there are tons of side effects from those settings that are worthy of a separate post.
  • LOGINSERVER - Sets the server as a login server for a cluster. Each cluster must have exactly one of those.
  • ENTRYSERVER - Enables special rules for Golden Valley, you probably want this off in WU.
  • ISPAYMENT - Sets the server as premium only, you probably want this off in WU.
  • LOCAL - Should be set to 1 for the server entry for this server, 0 for neighbours.
  • ISTEST - Enables test server features, allows players to spawn some items and set skills, etc.
  • CHALLENGE - Sets server as challenge server ruleset.
  • CHALLENGEEND - End time for challenge server, will automatically shutdown when reached. 0 for normal servers.
  • CHALLENGESTARTED - Start time for challenge server, should not be 0 otherwise challenge flag will be unset. 0 for normal servers.
  • INTRASERVERADDRESS/PORT/PASSWORD - Connection settings for intra-cluster communication. Should not be reachable from the internet.
  • RMIPORT/REGISTRATIONPORT - Ports for RMI, used for cluster stuff and possibly external tools (like my RMITool). Needs to be enabled in ini file to work. Should not be reachable from the internet.
  • EXTERNALIP/PORT - Public address for the server that the players will connect to. Should be reachable from the internet.
  • TWITKEY/SECRET/APP/APPSECRET - Twitter settings, for posting server notifications on twitter.
  • CHAMPTWITKEY/SECRET/APP/APPSECRET -  Twitter settings, for posting champion stuff (killing each other, etc.).
  • LASTRESETCHAMPS - Time when champion points were last decremented.
  • MOVEDARTIS - Looks unused, as far as i can tell.
  • SKILLDAYSWITCH/SKILLWEEKSWITCH - Timestamps for rotating records of skill levels in the database. Doesn't seem to be doing anything useful.
  • NEXTEPICPOLL - Timestamp for next valrei map update.
  • FATIGUESWITCH - Timestamp for something to do with the fatigue system.
  • NEXTHOTA - Timestamp for next HOTA.
  • WORLDTIME - In-game calendar time.
  • TILEREST/POLLTILE/POLLMOD/POLLROUND - Saves the state of the tile poller between restarts.
  • SPAWNEDUNIQUE - Timestamp of last unique spawn. Uniques will randomly spawn 14 days after the last one.
  • CAHELPGROUP - Grouping for CA channels in clusters (like indy/deli/exo are grouped in WO).
  • MAXPLAYERS - Maximum number of players online.
  • MAXCREATURES - Creature cap.
  • PERCENT_AGG_CREATURES - Percent of creature cap dedicated to aggros.
  • TREEGROWTH - Tree and mushroom spreading modifier, 1-in-X chance to spread. If set to 0 will prevent tree spreading and kill all sprouts.
  • SKILLGAINRATE - Multiplier for skill gain.
  • ACTIONTIMER - Modifier for action times.
  • HOTADELAY - Looks unused. Delay is hardcoded to 1.5 days.
  • RANDOMSPAWNS - Enables randomized spawn points. Players will spawn at a random "Stone of Soulfall", if none exist - players will spawn randonly in the world.
  • SKILLBASICSTART/SKILLBODYCONTROLSTART/SKILLMINDLOGICSTART/SKILLFIGHTINGSTART/SKILLOVERALLSTART - Start skill/stat levels.
  • CRMOD - Combat Rating modifier. Higher values make PVE combat easier.
  • STEAMPW - Server password (required to login if set).
  • UPKEEP - Enables upkeep for deeds.
  • MAXDEED - Looks unused.
  • FREEDEEDS - Enables free deeds.
  • TRADERMAX - Max money for traders (in irons). They won't get money from the coffers once they reach that.
  • TRADERINIT - Starting money for traders (in irons)
  • TUNNELING - Minimum number of mining actions to mine out a rock tile. Actual value is random, up to 10 higher.
  • BREEDING - Breeding time modifier. Should affect pregnancy times but is either doing something weird or is bugged. *shrug*
  • FIELDGROWTH - Time between crop stage growth in milliseconds. Works only if using split tile poller.
  • KINGSMONEY - If positive, king coffers will be reset to this value on startup (in irons).
  • MOTD - Message all players get when they log in.
  • MAPNAME - Name of the map, can be used with server packs mod to show custom maps.

Note that all of this is based on looking at decompiled code. I might be wrong or missing something. 

• Like 3

This is fantastic. You are one of the most helpful people on this forum.

Thanks for that, I almost want to suggest we STICKY this, but it's probably vain to ask to sticky your own thread. This is however useful to many in the future...

I Assume MAX PLAYERS is a "cap" setting, Max players allowed to connect (excluding premium). But this could have been a dream I had ? :|

Edited by Marlon

Looking at the code, the limit kicks in at MAXPLAYERS - 10 at which point normal players (not premium and not GM) can't log in or transfer to the server.

3 hours ago, Marlon said:

This is fantastic. You are one of the most helpful people on this forum.

Thanks for that, I almost want to suggest we STICKY this, but it's probably vain to ask to sticky your own thread. This is however useful to many in the future...

I Assume MAX PLAYERS is a "cap" setting, Max players allowed to connect (excluding premium). But this could have been a dream I had ? :|

Naw there are several helpful peeps out there.. They just made them community forum assistants already *winks* at Roman 

Love ya Bdew!

Edited by razoreqx
  • Like 1