Sign in to follow this  
Shakatra

More inns, please

This game surely has a few oddballs like me who make exploring Wurm their top priority. I've only seen two inns so far by the coastline. If coastal real estate is valuable for trade, why are there not more inns (ultimately - beds)? It's considerate, it makes your deed more formidable (imo), and the aesthetic and relationship-building values may also pay off. :wub:

Or maybe I had too much Wurm today. :ph34r:

have a good evening.

• Like 3

I remember when I started exploring on Independence, I made a map of inns so I could use them :)  there are many that are quite hidden away on the different servers, and not announced with any signposts. Most of them do not charge money at all. Best thing is to hover your mouse over every building you pass, and you will find some shack out in nowhere is named "Free bed" or something.

Edited by Cista

I've always liked the concept of an inn on deed. Just doesn't seem to get much use depending on what server and how much traffic you have. Other times I've found deeds that have them but owner's have unfortunately locked all the gates making them inaccessible probably by accident due to permissions.

I have an Inn, but not being on ocean front property I don't think it's seen a single visitor in the year plus it's been there.

It'd be nice if we could have a ledger of sorts, automatically lists who stays and lets them leave a comment if they want.

• Like 1

Welcome to Oceanview Estates (D24), in Xanadu. We have housing for temporary visitors but, somesort inn/tavern is under construction in this very moment. :)

Damine's Port (k8 Xan) has a motel with beds. If a traveller happens to catch Damine or me there, he would also get a hot meal and a cup of water.

I started construction on 3 inn's, never quite got any of them finished, didn't think there was much demand for them honestly.

I had one running on Exodus for over a year. Had 13 visitors stay there that I know of.

Also had an inn on Indy which was used when holding sermon circles.

When I started Wurm one of my early ideas was to build a network of inns along highways. Never seemed to be needed unfortunately.

Your inn is one of my ongoing projects nappy well rebuilding that is.

I wanted to build an inn near my shore deed, but not many outsiders pass through there. Will probably build it anyways seeing this topic 

I'd be more than happy to make a small map with Inns marked on each server if you guys would like?  It probably wouldn't be anything big or fancy, but simple for the common traveling soul.  I'd have to collect data of course from the community to list their inns.  What do you all say to that idea?

18 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

I'd be more than happy to make a small map with Inns marked on each server if you guys would like?  It probably wouldn't be anything big or fancy, but simple for the common traveling soul.  I'd have to collect data of course from the community to list their inns.  What do you all say to that idea?

I would have zero interest in anything you do.

49 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

I would have zero interest in anything you do.

That's cool, thanks for the feedback mate!

Anyone else wanna weigh in? :)

On 14.4.2016 at 6:40 AM, Shakatra said:

This game surely has a few oddballs like me who make exploring Wurm their top priority. I've only seen two inns so far by the coastline. If coastal real estate is valuable for trade, why are there not more inns (ultimately - beds)?

From what I've seen most (all?) starter locations have some sort of inn made by players now - granted, either functioning or in various stages of decay ...

Just North of Vrock Landing lies the Vrock Inn run by a groovy lady named Tenania includes six busy and i do so mean busy beds, as newbies always end up in Vrock Landing heheheh,  a forge, 5 merchants last count and other needed amenities..granted not on the coast but a good stop in; on route to the coast..  just don't mention me or she'll yard arm ya on the way out on yer arse........J/K.....

Edited by Psalamon
unnoticed spelling mistake

22 hours ago, Slickshot said:

I would like to see a map of inns, and I'd like to make some inns. I would need some help with perms advice - I don't want to maintain a building off deed, but I don't want visitors to be able to mess up the rest of the deed, take or kill animals, steal stuff, etc. How could the visitors be able to get meals, stop leading and then lead again their horses, get some cottons, etc. but not have bad effects on the rest of the deed?

I have always liked to create Inns on my deeds, as well as some off-deed next to Guard Towers that serve as Safe Houses. Sure, you really can't tell for certain how many players use them but to have them available as options works well enough for me as a reason to create them.

I remember years back when new to the game on Freedom (Independence) that I was always grateful to have one of those 1 tile wooden shacks open to run inside of if aggro's attacked. So to continue this tradition through the years with building Inns and Safe Houses has been in remembrance of that.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Would be kewl if there were more developed ways to support inns. Back when I was a nublet there were a couple of inns I knew of around Exodus, I used to use them to help with exploring which was fun :)

I think Tich mentioned that eventually permissions will be put in place so you can actually rent individual rooms, opposed to just beds, which would be awesome.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Docterchese said:

Would be kewl if there were more developed ways to support inns. Back when I was a nublet there were a couple of inns I knew of around Exodus, I used to use them to help with exploring which was fun :)

I think Tich mentioned that eventually permissions will be put in place so you can actually rent individual rooms, opposed to just beds, which would be awesome.

I've been waiting sooo patiently...

• Like 1

most public inns you can found is at Glasshollow... by coast line you can found 3-4 easy

On 4/16/2016 at 7:39 AM, Psalamon said:

Just North of Vrock Landing lies the Vrock Inn run by a groovy lady named Tenania includes six busy and i do so mean busy beds, as newbies always end up in Vrock Landing heheheh,  a forge, 5 merchants last count and other needed amenities..granted not on the coast but a good stop in; on route to the coast..  just don't mention me or she'll yard arm ya on the way out on yer arse........J/K.....

My first two weeks or so in wurm were based around that inn. It was so helpful for me as a noob, that inspired me to build a little free for all guest house in my deed. If anyone ever need a place to stay around h12 (Xan), feel free to visit Xanthipi and use it. A server inn map would be great for exploring I believe.

Edited by Erlindur

I've actually ended up using some of my OWN safe houses that were put out for newbies. Like if I was in a hurry and ignored a mob thinking I'd outrun it, and then suddenly a parade of them were upon me - troll, hell hound, wolf, spider, spider - that's hard to take out in one go.

It would be fantastic if there were some kind of "dispenser" that could give out small amounts at a time - say of meals, cottons, healing covers, etc. - so that they could stay in supply. Nice also if the dispenser kept meals and covers and such without decay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LorraineJ said:

I've actually ended up using some of my OWN safe houses that were put out for newbies. Like if I was in a hurry and ignored a mob thinking I'd outrun it, and then suddenly a parade of them were upon me - troll, hell hound, wolf, spider, spider - that's hard to take out in one go.

It would be fantastic if there were some kind of "dispenser" that could give out small amounts at a time - say of meals, cottons, healing covers, etc. - so that they could stay in supply. Nice also if the dispenser kept meals and covers and such without decay.

I'd be more than happy  to stock an inn with said materials, but I know there are those out there who wouldn't take just what they need, and would end up taking large amounts of said supplies.

9 hours ago, Slickshot said:

I'd be more than happy  to stock an inn with said materials, but I know there are those out there who wouldn't take just what they need, and would end up taking large amounts of said supplies.

Yes that's why we need a dispenser. Like it gives out one meal to a person every 2 hours, 3 healing covers, 3 farmer's salves, 6 cottons or whatever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LorraineJ said:

Yes that's why we need a dispenser. Like it gives out one meal to a person every 2 hours, 3 healing covers, 3 farmer's salves, 6 cottons or whatever.

Innkeeper NPC!

Buy them like a personal merchant. They hand out supplies for free or whatever price you set at a max rate of number of items per person per time. If you ride up while riding a horse or cart/wagon, you can choose the option "Stable my mount." for whatever fee you set (free to whatever) and it goes into limbo until you request it back.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 1