Sign in to follow this  
Ramaraunt

What should the new gods be god of?

God Powers  

10 members have voted

1. 1. White Lighter Gods

• A god of thunder and lightning. Priests of this god can cast thunder spells, which include a chain lightning spell which hits multiple targets, and an aoe spell which is especially effective to opponents over water (can be cast on ships). Also has temporary speed increase spells, and WOA.
    • A god of holy light. Can heal like fo priests, and has spells that are especially effective against the undead.
    • A god of death and burial rights. Priests of this god have abilities relating to creating and maintaining graveyards and underground crypts, which in turn cancels skill loss for the buried. Also has a series of powerful anti-undead spells , and a spell to "become etheral" making them both temporarily invulnerable and unable to cause damage.
    • God of the Forgotten Dead - no clue what this is
    • God of the hunt - Archery and tracking bonuses, spells related to taming up to 5 of weaker hostile mobs like spiders and bears,
  2. 2. Black Lighter Gods

• God of Nightmares. Has a ritual spell that temporarily prevents white lighters from receiving sleep bonus. Has phantasms, and has combat spells that are "nightmareish" :P
    • God of the Predator. Priests of this god can change into Beast Form, which is essentially a werewolf that has extreme combat abilities. They can only eat human flesh
    • God of Blood. Priests of this god become undead vampires, so they are weak against anti-undead spells. They also only eat the blood of humans. However, they are a force to be reckoned with, and have several spells to absorb health from their enemies and give the absorbed health to their allies.
    • Trickster God
  3. 3. Should the new gods have unique artifacts?

• Yes
    • No

Enough of the RNG crap, lets give the gods unique powers. But what powers could we give them? Instead of a problem, the new gods could be amazing for Wurm if more effort was put into them.

Please vote in the poll the options you like the best. If you have more ideas, please post them and I'll add them to the poll.

Edited by Ramaraunt

Just now, Slickshot said:

There was no option for "non existence" :(

Cause thats not what this thread is about. This is for people that want changes to the gods spells to post ideas.

8 minutes ago, Ramaraunt said:

Cause thats not what this thread is about. This is for people that want changes to the gods spells to post ideas.

I was looking to vote for "God of Non-Existence" though. :(  oh well I guess. *kicks rocks*

Edited by Slickshot
Decided to kicketh the rock

None of these have any use in PvE according to your descriptions...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zigozag said:

None of these have any use in PvE according to your descriptions...

They should just remain on PvP servers! :D

bl blood god would be nice bc then bl would actually have a way of healing (drain health is a joke)

rip zombie milk

Edited by Alexgopen

Oh I dunno, if they converted the existing player gods into these I can see them having a use in PvE...

Why the f am I still black light god that's what I wanna know.

Some of the descriptions are ok, but to be honest if PMG's are going to be kept then it should be developed in conjunction with the player/devs for any lore etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gregory said:

Why the f am I still black light god that's what I wanna know.

Some of the descriptions are ok, but to be honest if PMG's are going to be kept then it should be developed in conjunction with the player/devs for any lore etc.

you must be bl spai all along

you are from australia, australia is south, hots is south, hots is black light, therefore you are black light

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 1

God of the Forgotten Dead (yeah yeah I stole that from a book series, bonus points if you recognize. I googled and didn't get far :ph34r:).

God(dess) of the Hunt. Artemis - Moon, archery, etc

Vynora is already along the lines of Athena. Not to mention gods from other patheons.

Why pantheons and not monotheism? Pagans have more fun!

Personifications of celestial objects and etc... the Moon(s)

Trickster God archetype... Coyote, Fox, etc.

My fav of the Irish... Morrigan

God of Oppai (hehe)

God of the ###### Slap (KALI MA!)

EDIT: oh yeah and...Stuffed Cthulhu!

il_340x270.495577846_37p4.jpg

Edited by Klaa

Can you explain what god of the forgotten dead is?

Also for the trickster god idea, isn't Jackal the trickster god?

In the lore I was workign on a long time ago:

"Jackal, the trickster, convinced the Great Wurm to sleep, saying he would never lose control of his world so he might as well relax. While the Wurm was sleeping, human civilization arose, and began killing the Wurm's kin(the dragons)  who had dominion over the world. Without the Wurm's leadership, they were defenseless. When the Wurm awoke, he was angry at the humans, and called all his dragons and started a long and terrible war against humanity. He was eventually defeated by Magranon, Chief of the Galivans (modern Mol-Rehan); Libila, Magranon's daughter; Fo, the head druid from from the Golden Forestlands (Modern Jenn); and Vynora, the queen of the Nymph peoples (who lived in modern kellon). Seeing how these four humans were victorious, wallnut chose to reward them with godhood, making them the new owners of Wurm. The Wurm itself fled to Valrei, flying there in sad defeat."

Edited by Ramaraunt

They are all serious tbh...

The God of the Forgotten Dead is from this series:

http://rachelaaron.net/series.php?SID=2

Appears in the first book (spoiler alert); however, the actual reveal is in the second one.

Edited by Klaa

Never been a fan of alignment for clerical purposes anyway and I've never really been able to see it working in Wurm, its just another chore, not a life style.

From a number of different book genres the gods strength is measured by the number of followers more than anything else. Less followers means weaker god, more followers means stronger god. Some use the alignment system as well but the more interesting ones don't. Follow your gods precepts yes. How you follow them.... well "good" or "evil" or "lawful" or "chaotic", thats down to you so long as you've toed the line.

Its much the same in that I also don't like religiously aligned kingdoms. I still think all gods should be available to all kindgoms but that there could be a small benefit (emphasis on small) if you are in the kingdoms primary religon.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gaeron said:

From a number of different book genres the gods strength is measured by the number of followers more than anything else. Less followers means weaker god, more followers means stronger god. Some use the alignment system as well but the more interesting ones don't. Follow your gods precepts yes. How you follow them.... well "good" or "evil" or "lawful" or "chaotic", thats down to you so long as you've toed the line.

in that system, what would convince a player to follow a new or weak god?

34 minutes ago, Arvid said:

in that system, what would convince a player to follow a new or weak god?

A new god is always a possible opportunity, be in at the start and you may rise far in the religion. The same for a weak god, if you are the mortal who helps turn things around then you may acquire a favoured state. Conversely when there are many, many sheep its hard to stand out, even if you are a wolf.

What the population perceive and what the actuality are can be completely different. Some gods are masters of deceit so their actual strength is always in question  The gods play their games, mortals play theirs, when they overlap things start to get interesting.

What I don't like is when things are too simplistic. Lawful Good god means only lawful good faithful..... meh.... Its too inflexible and to me at least wouldn't reflect how things would actually be. Its also boring.

1 hour ago, Gaeron said:

Never been a fan of alignment for clerical purposes anyway and I've never really been able to see it working in Wurm, its just another chore, not a life style.

Its much the same in that I also don't like religiously aligned kingdoms. I still think all gods should be available to all kindgoms but that there could be a small benefit (emphasis on small) if you are in the kingdoms primary religon.

Aye when player gods was originally announced, I was hoping for something like this, especially with pmks.

I like this suggestion because finally the devs would be at the mercy of RNGesus just as much as we are. Imagine having to create a whole new set of spells by hand every time someone got a key. Bet we'd see some changes around here real quick.

+1