Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

Bulk liquid containers

I think we need this. Huge oil barrels could be used for this purpose.

• Like 2

Hmm... How would you prevent liquids from mixing with each other? :)

i like this idea +1

being able to load large barrel while theres lliquid inside, would be nice addition to game

Edited by Sin
  • Like 2

My only question is: With this, why would you use anything but those containers?

I like this idea, but only if it's implemented in a way that doesn't make non-bulk liquid storage totally useless.

5 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

My only question is: With this, why would you use anything but those containers?

I like this idea, but only if it's implemented in a way that doesn't make non-bulk liquid storage totally useless.

Make all other liquid containers movable or loadable while filled, but the bulk liquid container (like all other bulk containers) can only be pushed while anything is in it.

If we want multiple liquids in one container, maybe make it look like this?
[stock-photo-14346943-stack-of-barrels.jp

• Like 4

Always been up for liquid bulk storage, especially with a model of barrel stacks.

One possible method of keeping liquids sorted is having bulk storage within bulk storage. Smaller barrels within the barrel rack.

This would be handy for other bulk bins too... smaller bins acting as "drawers".

• Like 1

Time to give a bump for another good suggestion.

On 4/13/2016 at 5:01 AM, Warlander said:

exactly what I was thinking. 

On 4/13/2016 at 3:40 PM, Darmalus said:

Make all other liquid containers movable or loadable while filled, but the bulk liquid container (like all other bulk containers) can only be pushed while anything is in it.

If we want multiple liquids in one container, maybe make it look like this?
[stock-photo-14346943-stack-of-barrels.jp

That is not a single container.  maybe a rack to hold barrels of sorted liquids??

Dont forget, Amphoras slow decay on liquids inside too!

• Like 2

not sure I understand the bulk liquid container, Huge Oil Barrels I thought were bulk liquid container. 

But please for the sake of all that is holy!

Let us load a barrel(large amphora as well) while holding liquid. We can load a large crate with 6k kg of rock but not a barrel with 200kg of water. Where is the sense in that?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Saicotic said:

not sure I understand the bulk liquid container, Huge Oil Barrels I thought were bulk liquid container. 

To me one of the defining characteristics of bulk storage was a lack of decay. Right now I'm better off just storing them as solids (olives, etc.).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saicotic said:

But please for the sake of all that is holy!

Let us load a barrel(large amphora as well) while holding liquid. We can load a large crate with 6k kg of rock but not a barrel with 200kg of water. Where is the sense in that?

Yes! Containers with liquid in them, let us load/unload them still!

Of course a fountain that would be a lot of water, but still I like the idea of loading items smaller then that when they contain liquids.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lolabelle said:
On 13.04.2016 at 0:01 PM, Warlander said:

exactly what I was thinking. 

>>>>>

On 13.04.2016 at 0:02 PM, zigozag said:

1 type per container

1 hour ago, Saicotic said:

>>>>>

1 hour ago, Darmalus said:

To me one of the defining characteristics of bulk storage was a lack of decay.

Bump.

Please not only just bulk liquid containers but please let us load/unload containers when they have water in them. I hate having to fill up my large barrel at my forges because I have to bring 30+ small barrels full of water to fill the large barrel. 

• Like 1

large anphora holds sooooo much and they are great at preventing decay. Have some 3 month old oil in my 70ql amphorae that has taken only 3 damage and some 0.

Yes 1000 time to barrel and crate racks.

technically this should be no problem. Use the code from a wagon but make it immobile. To load use the "command" function. This engages you with the rack and allows you to load and unload from the rack. Then "disembark" from the rack when completed.

Edited by Aeryck

3 hours ago, Darmalus said:

To me one of the defining characteristics of bulk storage was a lack of decay. Right now I'm better off just storing them as solids (olives, etc.).

Gotcha, since I never store liquids other than water or wine, I have not paid attention to decay. So basically this is a want a non-decay container for liquids.

2 hours ago, Ohana said:

Yes! Containers with liquid in them, let us load/unload them still!

Of course a fountain that would be a lot of water, but still I like the idea of loading items smaller then that when they contain liquids.

Yeah, I think fountains should be exempt from loading and unloading with liquid. I think of them less of a storage and more as access to a water source.

1 hour ago, Zachariah said:

Please not only just bulk liquid containers but please let us load/unload containers when they have water in them. I hate having to fill up my large barrel at my forges because I have to bring 30+ small barrels full of water to fill the large barrel. 

I use a large amphora I fill my large barrels with, but being able to load them would make things a bit easier for characters who have less strength.

• Like 1

On 01.06.2016 at 5:39 PM, Retrograde said:

Nice info, thanks, though i believe nboody has ever mentioned this before.

also bump

On 6/1/2016 at 10:39 AM, Retrograde said:

Whoa, I think this is the first time anything like this has been mentioned. I'm guessing this applies to both types?

EDIT: If WU is anything to go by here, it seems like maybe this applies to all contents, not just liquid (can you put non-liquids in an amphora?), and may also apply to cedar containers.

This is getting more interesting all the time.

Edited by Ostentatio