Sign in to follow this  
Stik

[PvP] Remove the ability to drain with 1FS alts

17 hours ago, Fooligun said:

I would only go so far as to make it impossible for F2P accounts to drain, however perhaps this draws the issue of the alt killing preventions (such as needing 20fs etc) raises a bigger problem that should be addressed with the future PVP changes? E.g. change the game to limit repeated killing but not set this mandatory 20fs for anything on Chaos?

So make it so that if an account is killed more then a few times it will get locked for lets say 30 minutes? For all accounts? Wouldnt it be possible to bypass it by having multiple alts? What if you add the premium requirement?

2 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

So make it so that if an account is killed more then a few times it will get locked for lets say 30 minutes? For all accounts? Wouldnt it be possible to bypass it by having multiple alts? What if you add the premium requirement?

issue with killed more than a few times option is, if we raid your deed and you die multiple times trying to defend it due to larger numbers, you can now no longer defend.

Premium requirement at least brings more funds into the game itself but i suspect a'lot of alts used are already premium.

4 minutes ago, shakys said:

issue with killed more than a few times option is, if we raid your deed and you die multiple times trying to defend it due to larger numbers, you can now no longer defend.

Premium requirement at least brings more funds into the game itself but i suspect a'lot of alts used are already premium.

Then maybe premium + 20 FS. It will drop tabs and show easier how bad the situation is. Also giving your enemy fs + rank/affinity to mess around on an alt does not sound like a smart idea.

never a easy fix no matter what you do, i remember years ago mr was raiding my deed on hots, my nine year old son kept attacking you's with his newish account over and over, he had a paid account and was a genuine player, fair enough he was losing stats but i don't think it really bothered him.

issue here is should he be punished for his play style just because other people are abusing it.

i don't honestly see any solution to the issue.

Edited by shakys

5 hours ago, shakys said:

never a easy fix no matter what you do, i remember years ago mr was raiding my deed on hots, my nine year old son kept attacking you's with his newish account over and over, he had a paid account and was a genuine player, fair enough he was losing stats but i don't think it really bothered him.

issue here is should he be punished for his play style just because other people are abusing it.

i don't honestly see any solution to the issue.

That is a valid point, but still there should be some gain for killing this character and or some penalty for getting killed with this character.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO GIMP/NERF F2P SO MUCH WHY EVEN HAVE IT ON CHAOS JUST REMOVE THEM IT'S THE ANSWER TO EVERY PROBLEM

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cornchips said:

IF YOU'RE GOING TO GIMP/NERF F2P SO MUCH WHY EVEN HAVE IT ON CHAOS JUST REMOVE THEM IT'S THE ANSWER TO EVERY PROBLEM

*and elevation

• Like 1

Don't allow f2p alts on chaos.  I believe any prem toons should be allowed and drop tabs, affinities and fight skills on chaos the same as if they are 20 fs. The biggest pain in removing f2p is going to be deed owners since so many are f2p.

f2p seems to be working pretty ok so far on new ele, only really had one alt being annoying and it was probably premium and same person that used premium alts before when ele was prem only

20fs is pretty easy to get and f2p itself is already pretty limited, without one or both of those things you can't do stuff like drain deeds, cap hota pillars, drag catapults etc, just tie prem/20fs to everything, they're easy to get so any legit noob/player will have it.  But as long as people can toss cash on an alt and do whatever, there's no reason to entirely remove f2p, not everyone abuses it

I still don't get how a less than 20 FS account with premium can drain a token?
Does that mean there was no one defending or even caring for an exposed token?
If no one was defending anyways (i hope the defenders at least have people with 70 fs lol ) would it matter? because the people who were catapulting would have broken and drained regardless

On 4/13/2016 at 8:25 AM, Stik said:

Yes. To avoid PvP high skilled accounts send a F2P into the deed to drain while avoiding all the risk on their mains.
e: to be clear high skilled in stats alone )))

So if a <20 FS account drained token and there was literally no one to stop that account (i assume its easy enough to stop such an account)

What makes you think the high skilled PvP accounts would have trouble draining the same token?

Again, if a <20 FS account drained your token, are you sure its the game mechanics at fault or the people who were defending? Caus its clear from your comments so far that no one was defending the deed.

People might not know this, but the main reason of this suggestion is: butthurt

JK players had their deed named Roll Over Ant drained and while we were raiding they were saying again and again that we would fail.
It would take maybe 20-30 more minutes to do the same drain with my main account, but I wanted to play it smart rather than waste my own time.

Their deed infrastructure lacked proper defences, like 2 more walls were to be broken before I could go to the token, but since the token house was already breached, I climbed to the top on my alt and jumped down to drain the token, my alt got trapped but I got easy drain and he died with the money which was half the drain.

This was a simple tactic. Now the JK guys had 2 alts in local, Weber and Bicycle, both useless alts. No one was defending, there was no risk at all. If I catapulted for 20 (max) more minutes I would be at token house without any problem but I was bored already so I used this trick to keep the drain going.

Now, your deed infrastructure sucks, and you did not have anyone defending. But since you got outplayed after boasting in local how I wouldn't get the drain, you resort to saying it was alt abuse (while your guys were using 2 alts at the same time to harass us). Classic.

Edited by Hashirama

actually that 1fs alt has higher body and some skills then Stik, with 70fs it would kick yer butt budy! i would say remove f2p alts, and any premium account be able to drain!!

you are defending with alts, then we are draining with alts, it is simple,,  sounds fair to me

Edited by Malev
  • Like 2

I'll answer the previous call to arms posts made by HotS crew

Of course, defense was ready, but instead of draining with a main account, or even an account that will drop a deathtab, you drain with a 1FS alt. After entirely all risk of PvP was avoided, you stuck around for a few more minutes, got little done, and ran off without the drain money because again, you knew that you would have potentially had PvP if you climbed up with your main.

Of course, you knew this already, which is why you did not climb into the tokenhouse yourself. I mean "what would hashirama do" in this sort of situation comes to mind - cause you and I did the exact same thing before in an attempt for a kill. 

"i decided to play it smart instead of risk"
that's the Mol Rehan mindset. Why take a single sailboat and try PvP when we can take 5 sailboats and decimate anything that would threaten to wipe us.
Except for you it would be, lets avoid all the risks of draining by doing it with an alt that doesn't matter if it dies or not.

Anyways, you were defending your deed with your alt while typing up one of your messages so get off your high horse there, all forms of alt usage should be phased out of the PvP server for the better of the PvP server, quite honestly. You'll likely see more "remove x ability from 1fs accounts" threads by me if this is pushed through, including defending with throwaway alts.

This has pretty much gotten overwhelming support by all PvP players.

Also just because people troll your thread into closing, don't troll my thread into getting closed please. Keep the thread a hashirama free place

what pvp risk you talking about? Jk had 2 alts in local entire time ! i would suggest you to come and actually defend deed with your main, not sit inside Kyara and brag about alt abuse,,, once again, as long as you can use alts do defend and troll attackers, they should be able to drain with an alt!

• Like 1

Make Chaos great again! ;)

Premium only!

On 4/16/2016 at 8:17 AM, Klaa said:

On 04/16/2016 at 3:17 PM, Klaa said:

Premium only!

bump because lmao if anyone reads this section

hey it's a good thing all my suggestions are ignored because I heard that again this was abused

maybe this section of the forums should be read

Lol UnknownOrganism is obviously talking about MR draining again.  You sunk a massive hole in the ground, it's obvious this was to allow you to karma defenders onto the token so a relatively useless toon was thrown in.  We get drain, toon survived and escaped.  I don't know what history MR might have of using alts but in the last 2 years I have been on the server it hasn't been common practice to spam alts to fight.  Using unskilled toons to hold deeds and such yes, premium mayor alts  give you the ability to check local and organize a response.  Bottom line is the type of people who post this drivel really don't want a mmorg sandbox you want a no drop arena to fight in.

23 minutes ago, Dalvin said:

Lol UnknownOrganism is obviously talking about MR draining again.  You sunk a massive hole in the ground, it's obvious this was to allow you to karma defenders onto the token so a relatively useless toon was thrown in.  We get drain, toon survived and escaped.  I don't know what history MR might have of using alts but in the last 2 years I have been on the server it hasn't been common practice to spam alts to fight.  Using unskilled toons to hold deeds and such yes, premium mayor alts  give you the ability to check local and organize a response.  Bottom line is the type of people who post this drivel really don't want a mmorg sandbox you want a no drop arena to fight in.

you drained a deed with a 1fs alt
top quality pvp

taking pvp tips from hashirama i guess

using unskilled alts to scout you guys do all the time. When I was solo digging up your farms and killing your animals at that crappy farm by one of your HotA deeds on my main you guys logged in an alt to scout after I popped the alarm. If you'd used your mains you would've found out I didn't have anyone else in the boat and I was actually alone griefing that crap.

don't make it out to be like you're above doing what the rest of the kingdoms do.

you can't cap towers with 1FS alts IIRC, ( or was it repair ), regardless - you shouldn't be able to drain with alts to avoid any risk of PvP.

What exactly has shot down this suggestion? The devs have already made a ton of changes to prevent alt abuse so why is this one not viable?

The most recent changes that I can think of is preventing f2p alts from blocking loot range on epic, preventing f2p alts from seeing local, preventing alts from damaging the wl/bl unless they've got 23+ bstr

Feels like I missed some also but those are the ones that I can think off right now

Anyways, +1 since it makes perfect sense for f2p alts to be unable to drain deeds as they're already unable to do other pvp related actions