Sign in to follow this  
Stik

[PvP] Remove the ability to drain with 1FS alts

hello stik here for fixing pvp
c73a4d57e4.jpg

I'm proposing a change that will remove the ability to abuse throwaway alts 
Since certain kingdoms like to take advantage of using alts to avoid PvP, and it's always been intended that players are encouraged to use their mains on PvP servers.
So for that I propose that you need the minimum required skill that is required to drop tabs to drain a deed. Of course, this still isn't optimal, but it prevents people from using their alt that they suicide 20 times a day into enemy deeds from hopping into a hole they made in a deed and draining it risk free. Draining should always be a risk, and it's definitely something that should be done on main accounts. 
Of course everyone is always standing by that "if they can do it you can do it too" point of view, but look at things from outside the box, and what would truly benefit the PvP community as a whole.

• Like 14

I dunno much about Chaos PvP, but just one quick question: How do <20FS alts typically get inside enemy deeds?  At first considerations it seems like it'd be pretty hard for a very low-skilled account (like F2P levels) to get past, I dunno, the outer wall of a deed?

Or is it more like this: a large group of players is catapulting a deed and decides to, instead of risking their mains' gear/battlerank, send in alts time after time towards the exposed token?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fireflyb said:

Or is it more like this: a large group of players is catapulting a deed and decides to, instead of risking their mains' gear/battlerank, send in alts time after time towards the exposed token?

Yes. To avoid PvP high skilled accounts send a F2P into the deed to drain while avoiding all the risk on their mains.
e: to be clear high skilled in stats alone )))

Edited by Stik

2 minutes ago, Fireflyb said:

Yes  this ^ and sometimes people will leave the token exposed to do a stealth gank on on that group.. NEK MINUTE ABCDEF hits local to do the drain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stik said:

Yes. To avoid PvP high skilled accounts send a F2P into the deed to drain while avoiding all the risk on their mains.
e: to be clear high skilled in stats alone )))

So: Even though an account has been playing for a while (high stats, so presumably some high crafting skills and maybe PvP skills other than FS) they should not be allowed to drain (along with any other account sub-20FS), on the basis that they are avoiding the risk factor of PvP - losing FS, gear, or battlerank because they have no FS, most likely no gear, and no battlerank.

The commitment to PvP implies you are in danger of losing something, which accounts like that are clearly not, outside of the .001 body/body strength loss.

Makes sense! +1

7 minutes ago, Fireflyb said:

So: Even though an account has been playing for a while (high stats, so presumably some high crafting skills and maybe PvP skills other than FS) they should not be allowed to drain (along with any other account sub-20FS), on the basis that they are avoiding the risk factor of PvP - losing FS, gear, or battlerank because they have no FS, most likely no gear, and no battlerank.

Nah the "high skilled in stats alone" was a jab to the guys doing this.

The issue is being drained with a premium alt that doesn't drop tabs, and that is often suicided into enemies. Sitting at 1FS.
Shouldn't be able to drain.

• Like 1

This coming from the same person who use alts all the time rather than risk his main.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

This coming from the same person who use alts all the time rather than risk his main.

And this makes his argument less valid because? Develope better arguments or reasoning before typing out verbal scour please

• Like 1

Well you are right there, but it seemed funny that someone who use's alts all the time for various tasks which would result in his mains untimely death bitching about this.

I would like to see something done about non-prem alts and alts with zero fighting skill that are used for scouting, draining deeds, hassling attackers that have zero risk for the player using them. 

A week or so back we had so many alt corpses piled up someone built a charcoal pile out of them.

I think alts used in this way should give something to the person who has to kill them off repeatedly, but then I can see how this could be abused, so have no idea how the problem could be fixed.

• Like 1

Fun fact, if a 1 FS account can drain your token, you should be working on your deeds rather than making suggestions

• Like 2

fun fact all the alt did was climb in and drain it, then die with the drain money

elite pvp?

+1, i personaly think all accounts used on chaos should be 20+ FS (maybe start out) and premium. So all the "alt abuse" would end up helping the other side if you decide to go that way.  And ofc its stupid if an under 20 fs alt is used for anything, scouting, harasshing the defenders and so on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

+1, i personaly think all accounts used on chaos should be 20+ FS (maybe start out) and premium. 

this
remove f2p on chaos

• Like 1

Why not make it so offensive spells cant be cast until 20fs? 

+1 

1 minute ago, shakys said:

Why not make it so offensive spells cant be cast until 20fs? 

+1 

Why not make it so that all the accounts on chaos become 20 fs and will not go lower. 20 Fs is nothing... its supereasy to get. And maybe make it so alt killing on chaos is not allowed or smth (allthough not sure how that would go). I personnaly would make it so that if an account dies more then 3 times in 5 minutes it will be locked out for half and hour or more. And ofc the 20 fs thing.

• Like 1

i think the original idea was to stop people harvesting affinities, but maybe i'm wrong.

but i would hate to see all new accounts start with 20fs just means there going to grief more and attack horses etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shakys said:

i think the original idea was to stop people harvesting affinities, but maybe i'm wrong.

but i would hate to see all new accounts start with 20fs just means there going to grief more and attack horses etc.

20 fs stil dies fast so atleast people will start thinking about not feeding the enemy. Also it has to have some kind of "alt abuse for affinities" stop. Although if Chaos would be premium only then what people who would farm affinities saves 3h that you would spend getting the alt up for 20fs.

+1 to ban F2P alts.  I'm ok with prem alts.  I'm not sure giving them all 20 FS and not allowing to drop under is a good idea.  Doesn't that make my road from 70 FS to 99 much easier? :D  Oh wait...maybe I should be pro 20 FS alts...

2 minutes ago, Graymane said:

+1 to ban F2P alts.  I'm ok with prem alts.  I'm not sure giving them all 20 FS and not allowing to drop under is a good idea.  Doesn't that make my road from 70 FS to 99 much easier? :D  Oh wait...maybe I should be pro 20 FS alts...

well the gain from them is supersmall, specially if you kill him more then once in a while. And keeping an account prem for killing from time to time... well seems like a waste of money. Instead it would kill the alts who are used to run into siegers and drag stuff, drop dirt on diggers and so on.

15 minutes ago, shakys said:

I think the idea was to require them to skill up to at least 20fs, before entering Chaos.

• Like 1

Usually it's pretty obvious when an alt is being used instead of a main, and all of the anti-alt measures that have been put into place over the years clearly aren't working. Might be time to intervene and start banning these alts, and possibly punish the mains who knowingly allow it to happen.

• Like 1

issue is how do you ascertain between a genuine player who annoys you on his account and a alt, there's really no different if both are premium.

i say leave it as it is, if people want to waste money using one then leave them too it.

I would only go so far as to make it impossible for F2P accounts to drain, however perhaps this draws the issue of the alt killing preventions (such as needing 20fs etc) raises a bigger problem that should be addressed with the future PVP changes? E.g. change the game to limit repeated killing but not set this mandatory 20fs for anything on Chaos?

1 hour ago, shakys said:

issue is how do you ascertain between a genuine player who annoys you on his account and a alt, there's really no different if both are premium.

i say leave it as it is, if people want to waste money using one then leave them too it.

people always called my brother an alt, they thought it was me

it really hurt his feelings

15 hours ago, Fawkes said:

Usually it's pretty obvious when an alt is being used instead of a main, and all of the anti-alt measures that have been put into place over the years clearly aren't working. Might be time to intervene and start banning these alts, and possibly punish the mains who knowingly allow it to happen.

Used to be a bannable offense actually.

to jakerivers, another hypocrite, i remember when we dropped a wardeed and in a matter of two hours we had 100+ MR alt corpses. good times.

Edited by Propheteer