Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Hedge Removal - Pruning Saw

Really hate having to remove off deed hedges.  So much damage to any tool I use.  Growing up, we had tons of hedges that needed pruning and/or removing.  The tool we always used was a pruning saw.  Let's add one to our tool set, but to prevent unseasoned players from ripping out all our hedges, make it a high skill to create tool.  Also, make it take normal damage from use, like chopping a tree, or cutting planks.  Right click hedge, "cut down".

Bashing would also work with all your classic methods.

DoWuPPA.jpg

• Like 4

Sometimes I think you need a battle tank... 

+1 because removing a hedge should use a saw or hatchet or this tool rather than a maul. Bashing a tangle of shaped limbs would be unfruitful. :D

• Like 2

Or just keep it as is but make the damage on the tool normal - a definition that definately doesn't fit to the damage they take now.

• Like 1

+1 I like it, and might as well make it so you can use the pruning saw on anything you use a sickle for. Or at the very least minimize damage on tool when destroying hedge.

I like the concept of more tools and it fits well with the concept you're describing. Shouldn't have to bash a hedge. That's just weird.

22 minutes ago, Ayluin said:

I like the concept of more tools and it fits well with the concept you're describing. Shouldn't have to bash a hedge. That's just weird.

If my dad saw me using a giant maul to take out a hedge, he would have promptly bashed my head with his fist.  Yes, that is probably where the term "knuckle head" comes from.

Bash with a decent scythe ;-)

But +1 if the saw turns out to be faster.

-1 if it makes it too easy, I quite like the hedges around my deed not to be easily griefable by the alt of some rich *palm*-hole thanks.

+1 if it still has the normal bash requirements (21+BS to use offdeed). and is usable by priests :P