Sign in to follow this  
Smwoodburn

Skeletal statues!

Here's an idea, what do my fellow Wurmians think about skeletal statues? For example, when you kill mobs they drop regular small bones, large bones, skull, spine, rib cage not all at once just after killing many of the same type. After you accumulate a set amount of required bones you can create a skeletal statue of said mob. Kinda like the ones we have in science class of human skeletons and in museums! :D

Wall mounts and display cases also :)

Edited by Smwoodburn
  • Like 15

+1 always good to have new things.

but bones overall from corpses could be used for weapons, jewellery as well as gelatin which is used for cooking.

Edited by shakys
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, shakys said:

+1 always good to have new things.

but bones overall from corpses could be used for weapons, jewellery as well as gelatin which is used for cooking.

Bone weapons and armor..yes please! :)

It would be great if the bone drops required for the statue were pretty rare, so seeing one showed an accomplishment on behalf of the player who built it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jebrix said:

Bone weapons and armor..yes please! :)

It would be great if the bone drops required for the statue were pretty rare, so seeing one showed an accomplishment on behalf of the player who built it.

Agreed but it might turn into scale and dragon armor. Don't make them to rare because then it will be just for the elite who have the ability to take on multiple mobs at once for the best chance to get a bone. 

Also would they be trade-able and sell-able. Could be another thing to boost the economy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zachariah said:

Agreed but it might turn into scale and dragon armor.

I was thinking more along the lines of studded leather equivalent...more as a cosmetic option rather than a new, better armor.

The armor could be made from larger bones and the statues could require smaller, more rare bones, as well as the larger ones. ("You accidentally break the brittle bones" or something)

• Like 1

I Like all these ideas! would love to see this happen and yes make them moderately rare maybe say for a bear skele statue you need 20 small bones and 10 large bones rib cage skull and spine but the small bones be the most common large bones uncommon ribcage moderately rare and skull and spine rare to find? but a separate kind of rare than the rare strange bone not in the same category and still have the rarity class for each

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jebrix said:

I was thinking more along the lines of studded leather equivalent...more as a cosmetic option rather than a new, better armor.

The armor could be made from larger bones and the statues could require smaller, more rare bones, as well as the larger ones. ("You accidentally break the brittle bones" or something)

This would go with my customization post :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jebrix said:

No I didn't mean the armor. I meant the bones. However, it could also be something that will boost the economy. 

I don't think that we need a new armor type. However, something cosmetic like a bone necklace or a bone crown or something. Maybe since the new pouldrans are coming out a bone one. 

Edited by Zachariah
  • Like 1

pls add "uncommons" rolf this will truly make people stop leaving
+1 to the general idea as a whole, especially more decoration items, I've liked the newer ones, they add nice flavor to the game.

• Like 1

This would be pretty cool. Kind of a unique (and interesting) way to display trophies :D Would make hunting interesting, or more interesting, in that it would give people incentive to try and hunt/collect more bones of a certain type of creature :)

• Like 1

precisely :) i think it would get people out and more active and draw more attention to the game

I would like to revisit this idea, because reasons...

• Like 1

haha thanks Mykoal i would personally really love to see many of the ideas and thoughts presented in this discussion brought forth into our game. Many great points as well.

• Like 1

Love the decorative potential of this idea.

Not so sure about the weapons.  Why would a society capable of producing iron and steel weaponry rely on bones for weapons?

I could maybe see having them like the troll clubs though... a goblin carrying a bone knife/axe.

Just can't picture someone standing in front of a freshly smithed iron sword vs. a femur and actually choosing the femur.

+1 in general though, more uses for more things is always fun.

• Like 1