Sign in to follow this  
saraie

Mailbox not working

Well I guess this one doesn't..  Regardless on the hosting company being at fault I need the mail running on my server and have access to my .db files I really would like a hand determining what it is "I" need to do to fix this issue.  Is there not anyone that can offer me some support with answers??  Not sure what files, fields etc to search for and or replace??

Thanks

can u get the .db file via FTP?

No Idea how Citadel run there set-up?

You need to set the correct Server in the wurmplayers.db

• Like 1

On 4/24/2016 at 5:43 PM, bigsteve said:

can u get the .db file via FTP?

No Idea how Citadel run there set-up?

I have an account with Citadel and they allow FTP and browser-based file access through their game interface. You can download / upload any file on the server. Text files ( mod properties files ) can be edited right through the interface. The database files would need to be downloaded, opened in an sqlite viewer and re-uploaded.

Tip for uploading to Citadel: they have file over-write protection so you will need to rename/delete the previous database file. I ALWAYS recommend renaming it to something like "wurmplayers.db.old" instead of deleting it so you have a real backup in case the changes you made don't agree with the server. Once you know everything is up & working, you can delete it.

alright so im having this issue now also now. and i am also on citadel but they have been a good host with mod support, so im wondering if this is because i uploaded a custom map and db and such

on citidel its configurationfiles>service settings.  the server ID is set to 3956

checked in my wurmlogin.db and under IDS table there is 2 servers

"#1"    "32611"    "3001"    .....

"#2"    "0"    "180301"    .....

under servers table in the login db:

"#1"    "0"    "Taumriel 2k PVE 10000xSkill 200xTimer Mods++"    "1024"    "1092"   ....etc

under history events the server is all 0

in players.db we have some tables for each player , CURRENTSERVER, LASTSERVER also all at 0

so it appears im having the server ID 0 problem,

but which entries must i fix and must i do all players? and should i change them to 3956? and any other files with server table?

and what about the other server id do i delete it?

will it all blow up?

Aum,

First thing make a backup of all your databases before you do this.

In the ID's table just change the second one from 0 to 3956

I have that strange one on line 1 as well, perhaps that is the default for creative, and does not get overwritten when you change things? Not sure but it is causing me no problems.

In the servers table change 0 to 3956

Then run this SQL command:

update HISTORY set SERVER = '3956';

Then open wurmplayers.db and run these two commands:

update PLAYERS set CURRENTSERVER = '3956';

update PLAYERS set LASTSERVER = '3956';

That "should" fix you right up.

• Like 1

NP Aum, wanna make sure you are fixed up, hear people are enjoying your billion skill gain server, I couldn't imagine lol but hey that's whats cool about WU, something for everyone.

• Like 1

I'm having this same problem (and many others) with my server hosted by Citadel Servers. Despite their ad stating "no sqlite editing required," they are telling me to download and edit my database. Since I have (a) no idea what part of the files is considered the "database," (b) no idea what even needs editing, and (c) no idea what all the lingo means - FTP, for example - I am at a loss.

Citadel tells me that I'm on my own in fixing the mailbox, as well as issues with mods not working. They said they don't help with clients who want to "mod a mod," whatever that means. Can anyone explain to me in absolute non-techie language how I'm supposed to get my mailboxes working without Citadel Server doing anything?  And don't get me started about the mods that aren't working all of a sudden.

PS - I have sqlite on my computer now, but other than adding an item to a player on my private local server, I have no idea how to do anything with it. The server with the problem is my public one, hosted by Citadel.

Edited by Batta

Here are the folders that I have any access to at all, though some I appear able only to read.  It is a Creative server with Epic on.

Adventure

Adventure_backup

Adventure_c

appcache

backups

config

Creative

Creative_backup

Creative_c

lib

logs

mapvieweroutput

mods

nativelibs

runtime

temp

_CommonRedist

To fix the mailboxes, I gather that somewhere in all that I need to find my Server ID and change it to something greater than 0.  Can anyone direct me to what I need to open, trying to find this data? or database? or whatever exactly it is?

Shut down the server.

in the map folder you are using {adventure or creative} there is a sqlite folder. in that there is a wurmlogin.db file, download that change are instructed above (xyp post), the upload it. start the server.

If you have issues i can do it for you, I have helped Elsa fix hers.

Thank you!  Do I use that same number, 3956, or come up with one of my own?

I have DB for sqlite on my computer. I opened the wurmlogin.db file from the creative server on it...but I can't find any numbers at all to edit.  I'll add a screenshot in a sec...as soon as I can remember how to do so.

EDIT - I tried doing a screenshot, converting it to pdf, then from pdf to jpg but by then it was so blurry it was useless.  When I do a screenshot of the database, the image goes to clipboard, not to an actual file anywhere, so the only way I know how to retrieve it is to paste it into a Word doc.

Edited by Batta

There are no numbers at all that I can see...I also can't find any Wurm Server UI file.

Any chance the problem is that I have DB Browser for SQLite? On my old laptop I thought I had just sqlite; I don't recall the words DB Browser. Or maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about  :-)

Just in case, I'm now downloading SQLite Studio, to see if that looks editable.

Hmm, still looks absolutely baffling.

Edited by Batta

bigsteve is, without a doubt, a fantastic guy. He took the time to fix this problem for me, without asking for anything in return. Unlike my server host, he was polite and patient with my complete lack of understanding -- Also unlike my server host, he FIXED IT!  On behalf of all of Green Dragon Epic, thank you so much, bigsteve, for treating us like we matter. If you ever become a commercial server host, we will likely switch to you in a heartbeat.  

Edited by Batta

On 14.4.2016 at 8:15 PM, SuperFly said:

Here is my email from my hosting company:

Hey there,

Could you please ask them where this value is located so that we can find it and resolve your issue quicker?

Regards,

-Joakim A
-Sales and Technical Support
www.CitadelServers.com

Hey

On Citadel you can edit the server id at...

Configuration files / ServiceSettings / Text editor

11 hours ago, Batta said:

There are no numbers at all that I can see...I also can't find any Wurm Server UI file.

Same for you ;)

you dont need to edit the database, its all online to change

Edited by Eject

10 hours ago, Eject said:

Same for you ;)

you dont need to edit the database, its all online to change

Yes you do, as changing the ServerID number does not change the entries in the Database.

Edited by bigsteve
spelling
  • Like 1

On 08/06/2016 at 11:39 PM, Xyp said:

Aum,

First thing make a backup of all your databases before you do this.

I have that strange one on line 1 as well, perhaps that is the default for creative, and does not get overwritten when you change things? Not sure but it is causing me no problems.

That "should" fix you right up.

Hi All,

I host on Citadel and had this issue but wanted to give full instructions to accompany XYP's instructions :)

1. Change Server ID in Configuration Files -> Server Settings to any given number (not 0). In this example, 3956

2. Backup the database files within File Manager -> (Map Name) -> Sqlight

3. Download the backup to desktop and using "DB Browser for SQL Light" (or similar programme), open WurmLogin.db. Perform the following:

4. Upload the database files into the same directory

5. Run Steam Update

6. Run Update Database

7. Start Server (hopefully it'll now work)

All the best :)

The server I play on has this issue.  I'm not the admin, but I have been given copies of the db files, so that I can play with it, and provide the specific step by step instructions.  (The admin has been pointed here, but is still leery.  He has had issues before.)

So, to that end, I have set up a local server, so that I can run the instructions and see if there are any specific issues that need to be addressed for our server.  Loaded in the db files as appropriate, and launched the server, set up the various settings (removed the password since I was running it locally, set up a local IP for the 'external' IP, etc).  Saved it all, and 'started offline server' ....  (btw, this was BEFORE messing with the database at all - I needed to be sure I was starting with the proper circumstances)

Logged in a character, and was flabbergasted to discover that I could send mail.   Well, that wasn't supposed to happen.

I ran the sqlite browser, checked both the original files (the ones that the admin provided) and the ones that I copied over to the game folder I set up.  The original files show '0' as the server ID in all the expected places.  The copied over files show a different number (I've run though this many times, they're always different) in the same places, EXCEPT for "LASTSERVER", which shows '0'. 

I ran the setup with changing the "Server ID' on the 'Local Server' tab, second section to '0', to replicate what was happening on the live server, and that did work (copied over the originals first, etc.)

My issue is that I can never get to the point where I NEED to run these SQL commands.  If I forget to reset the 'Server ID' on the dialogue to launch the server, it sets itself with a non-zero Server ID.   Is this something new, and I haven't found a patch note for it, or is it because it's totally local, and not being run on a host 'out there'?   

I could see about setting it up on a non-local server - it's Linux, so not sure if that would be any issue at all in trying to figure this thing out.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Edit: Additional info - My local machine is Windows 10, and the live server is hosted at Citadel.  In case that info is needed.  Thanks again!

Edited by Tyarra

local and hosted do tend to have differences, 1 main difference is how you launch the server. A lot of hosted sites have their own start server thingy which doesn't use the ui you get from starting it manually on lan, which sets the server id in Local Server tab, Advanced Server Settings.

I would have to look more into it to give more info but that jumps out at me from reading what you wrote.