Sign in to follow this  
saraie

Mailbox not working

Any mail attempt returns this error:

[18:02:51] Unknown recipient

Any help?

Edited by saraie
  • Like 1

I have same issue.  Saraie got the correct wording.

The spelling is correct...the mail system cannot locate any user at all.

Anyone had this issue before and know a fix?

Any Devs aware of this or similar issue?

Thanks for your time and attention.

Does anyone have ANY help on this issue, I have a community that has no working mail system!!

SuperFly

This bug appears when you set your localServer Id to 0. This is one of many possible reasons.

Edited by Sklo:D

How do I fix this issue can I change the number to 1, we are only 1 server atr the moment but moving to 2 in the next month or so, hopefully not stuck with no mail  thanks

If the number is really Set to 0 in your Setup simply change it to a random number greater than 0

Mailsystem will work again.

Here is my email from my hosting company:

Hey there,

Could you please ask them where this value is located so that we can find it and resolve your issue quicker?

Regards,

-Joakim A
-Sales and Technical Support
www.CitadelServers.com

Edited by SuperFly

Please share if you find the solution to this. I'm also on Citadel and have the same issue. Thank you!

This did not Solve the issue they have changed that value and restarted my server and it didn't work??

More help would be appreciated!

Rich

I NEED MAIL WORKING arrggghhh...  who can i contact regarding this issue?

It can only be that... This error message can only come from the wrong ID, or if the player is really not found.

If you ask me, move away from this hoster. It is run by a bunch of guys who have no idea.

Back to the error message: 

Is it like this? Does it state a name?

"Unknown recipient '" + name + "'."

yeah well i paid for a year...  

anyhow here is the error

[17:49:11] Unknown recipient 'Saraie'.

Yeah if the player exists and is on the same server, then the only way to get this error message is a server ID less or equal 0. If they change it to 1 it will work.

Do you have the option to add mods?

Here is the response from Citadel

It should currently be set to "32612", however upon looking at your database again it seems that it has added a new row where the value has been set to "0". This wasn't the case when I checked after starting your server last time, so it would seem that it must've done this the last time you restarted your server/updated your database.

We're currently looking into adding the "Server ID" option to "Server.txt" so that this can be changed by the user. This way it also shouldn't reset itself. We'll update this ticket when we know more.

Regards,

Keep us posted SuperFly.  I had hoped that this had been added to Server.txt. Will be good if that happens.

On 18.4.2016 at 5:16 PM, SuperFly said:

Here is the response from Citadel

It should currently be set to "32612", however upon looking at your database again it seems that it has added a new row where the value has been set to "0". This wasn't the case when I checked after starting your server last time, so it would seem that it must've done this the last time you restarted your server/updated your database.

We're currently looking into adding the "Server ID" option to "Server.txt" so that this can be changed by the user. This way it also shouldn't reset itself. We'll update this ticket when we know more.

Regards,

I have no idea what they are doing and talking about. But as you can see it is the error because of the 0.

I dont either, taking there sweet time best I can tell.. still waiting on further information.

Be nice if I could figure out what this means, is it resolved or not hahahah??  What does this guy want me to do anyone have any idea?

We found that the server id was being overwrote to 0 when restarted, this is resolved, to resolve this quickly you could use a fresh database or if you want to maintain your current one, you should edit the database wurmlogin.db and edit the Server ID field to a number for each player and set the server id to the same number, that should resolve that if this is the root cause of this issue

Kind Regards,

so they decide to change server and I get this:

Sorry for the trouble, I've noticed this error in your web console:
[09:50:24 AM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.LoginHandler: /71.74.230.12, Superfly could not be redirected from 3956 to non-existant server ID: 0, the database entry is wrong

We're currently investigating this error further to see how we can resolve it and still change your server's ID from 0.

after 20min or so i get this message:

Upon further investigation it seems that there are more fields in the database files that would need to be edited. Apart from the fields we've already changed in "wurmlogin.db" and "wurmplayers.db" there could potentially be more fields in other files that will need to be edited.

At this point we would recommend a reinstallation and starting over with a new world to make sure that your Server ID isn't being set to 0 from the start. If this isn't something that you want to do, the only other solution we can give you is to look through your database (.db) files in "File Manager > \Creative_c\sqlite\" and change any fields related to your server's Server ID to the new Server ID.

Is there not ANYONE in this community that can help us??  We have a great base of players, and would like to keep it this way.  Seems that when it comes to hosting a server, we are on our own???  I've contributed to Wurm for nearly 10 years and would like to see a little help.

Thanks....

Edited by SuperFly

Of course with changing server ID they have to move all players to the right server id too, because the server doesn't know where to put the players anylonger... Well these are really basics a hosting company should now.