Sign in to follow this  
Hashirama

To people who keep stressing on reducing the premium cost

1 hour ago, Hashirama said:

You are out of line. You can suggest nice changes which affect our gameplay, but asking the person who made the game to size the premium payment to suit the personal needs of the players is too much.

I have not seen any games which implement suggestions like wurm. Contrary to what people may think, the suggestions do get implemented. More than half of my suggestions were put into game very shortly after I made them.

But ofcourse that is not enough and then people start to comment out of their league, seriously play the game. If you don't think it's fun and worth your 8 euro a month, leave please. Do not whine.

You can even play on a f2p toon!

Only Rolf and the Owners of CodeClub have the right to make that statement... that is unless your Rolf or one of them. AFAIK you aren't. If you are than please make this very publicly known and posted so people like me don't step on something.

Customers have been making suggestions on the pricing of products since markets began ages ago. It doesn't mean Rolf has to agree to what the customer offers to pay.... and... It doesn't mean the Customer will accept the Rolf's price either.

There is nothing wrong or evil happening when a customer offers to pay a lesser price, just like when a merchant chooses to raise prices, offering their product/service at a higher price than previously. Merchants and Customers discussing prices is normal in a healthy economy. No one is out of line.

Edited by geode
  • Like 2

I wonder if its called trolling when people whine about 1 sentence and don't contribute to a conversation.

1 hour ago, Hashirama said:

Look at the doom and gloom threads. People saying and provoking others to agree that monthly subscription is higher than it should be. Kinda pathetic when you know many of those people have 10-12 alts and don't wanna pay full premium for all those accounts.

Also, many people using this as a reason for the decline in population in wurm. Maybe people left to play other games? new ones will come, but thats too hard for people to understand I guess. 

/sarcasm
Has to be the tooo steep premium payment!

/sarcasm

In Wurm Unlimited there is no premium... so that statement is correct.... compared to WU and how it's currently sold it is more advantageous to pay one time fee on WU and never pay premium again. Of course some players will jump ship. The purpose of at least one of those threads was to come up with a way to turn the tables on the declining population of Wurm Online and so under the circumstances price is going to be one of the considered suggestions in that discussion.

EDIT: I was contributing, it takes me a while to type.

If you feel I am nothing but a Troll than report me, simple.

Price of premium is fine in my opinion. Price of deeds is fine in my opinion. Adding them both together then begins to fall behind in competitiveness with online gaming as a whole, but if one considers what we player get here in Wurm, what we can do vs. other online games then the price to me is reasonable.'

Do I think it would be a good idea to offer a premium plan that caps at 30 or 35 for say 3 euros? Sure I do... that can the "opener" that gets a new Player in the door to try out Wurm so they can find out haow awesome it si and go full premium.

Just like selling ice cream door to door in a big yellow truck. I did that for a few years. Most of my established high dollar customers started out with that service by just buying a box of ice cream bars or push ups for their kids, and because they did that it allowed to return every few weeks and offer them MORE, and that strategy if done right works wonders. I think something like offering a 30 cap premium plan is like getting a new customer to buy some ice cream... and later on they're buying steaks, frozen veggies, bread dough, frozen meals, etc. etc. My route sales grew steadily. It worked for those people driving the big yellow freezer trucks (I know because I was one of them) and I think it could work for Wurm as well.

Edited by geode

Arrogant know it all, calls out other arrogant know it alls for their arrogance in their arrogant know it all threads, in his own arrogant know it all thread.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hashirama said:

I wonder if its called trolling when people whine about 1 sentence and don't contribute to a conversation.

It's ironic that you say this, because the act of you saying it isn't contributing to the conversation of the thread.  Ponder that as you choose.  Also, for quick reference:  Trolling Definition: Inflammatory or off-topic messages intended to provoke other members into a desired emotional response or to otherwise disrupt the topic.  It would seem that your sentence directly falls into that definition, and geode's does not, but I'm no professional.  I'm just reading the rules as they are outlined.

13 minutes ago, geode said:

In Wurm Unlimited there is no premium... so that statement is correct.... compared to WU and how it's currently sold it is more advantageous to pay one time fee on WU and never pay premium again. Of course some players will jump ship. The purpose of at least one of those threads was to come up with a way to turn the tables on the declining population of Wurm Online and so under the circumstances price is going to be one of the considered suggestions in that discussion.

Said suggestions and ideas are almost always worth at least a glance, so I agree those discussions are worth while.  Sure some are better than others, and some people choose to scream instead of converse, but conversations about possible improvements to the game are always welcomed--even more so when the conversation is constructive.  I can't speak for Rolf, but I'd like to think he would agree.

Edited by Slickshot

11 minutes ago, Dairuka said:

Arrogant know it all, calls out other arrogant know it alls for their arrogance in their arrogant know it all threads, in his own arrogant know it all thread.

As you wish. I did my best with my limited abilities. Departing thread.

Edited by geode

5 minutes ago, geode said:

As you wish. I did my best with my limited abilities. Departing thread.

I read your posts, and I'm going to say, I wasn't talking about you.

You've come off very moderate in a very recently heavily polarized forums.

1 hour ago, zigozag said:

It might be to steep for newcomers that are not yet hooked on Wurm enough to buy 2 months for 16eur, so might get in line of promoting playercount increase. Just a thought here.

Spending 16e after having a free, unlimited trial of a game is hardly a big decision to make.

Hell, if you really don't want to spend much money, you can prem up for 16e, sell your referral and sleep powders then sell your 10s or w/e for 9-10e to another player.

You've now got 2 months premium for like 6 euro.

Hardly a big investment for 8 weeks worth of fun.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jebrix said:

Spending 16e after having a free, unlimited trial of a game is hardly a big decision to make.

Hell, if you really don't want to spend much money, you can prem up for 16e, sell your referral and sleep powders then sell your 10s or w/e for 9-10e to another player.

You've now got 2 months premium for like 6 euro.

Hardly a big investment for 8 weeks worth of fun.

We call those rebates. Rebates are one of the worst types of refunds possible.

You don't have to tell this to me, because i made my choice and ended up here, but i have to say that the trial is very very very limited, and even simply allowing to buy just 1 month (at least if it's the first one) could ease acquiring more paying players.

1 minute ago, zigozag said:

You don't have to tell this to me, because i made my choice and ended up here, but i have to say that the trial is very very very limited, and even simply allowing to buy just 1 month (at least if it's the first one) could ease acquiring more paying players.

zGQGAaz.jpg

• Like 2

The cost of the first month is offset by even more, as you can take that referral and sleep powder and sell it for 7s and add in your 1s bonus and you have 8s that you could essentially sell that on market for a refund of 8eu and your final cost for that 30 days is 2eu. You could take that one step further and forage enough coins and get the full amount back.

Hardly would call that a rebate, a rebate is some slip of paper you got with your new purchase that if you fill that in correctly and mail off that and the receipt and did not fail to make the tiniest possible mistake in the whole process you may get your refund. The above is pretty much guaranteed, except for the possibility of getting 30 days worth of the worst rng possible on foraging.

• Like 1

And look at that, another topic successfully derailed entirely!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

And look at that, another topic successfully derailed entirely!

At what juncture did it derail?  I see a wobble here and there, but it appears to be on the tracks still.  Surely you don't mean that people disagreeing with the OP is derailment? 

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

The cost of the first month is offset by even more, as you can take that referral and sleep powder and sell it for 7s and add in your 1s bonus and you have 8s that you could essentially sell that on market for a refund of 8eu and your final cost for that 30 days is 2eu. You could take that one step further and forage enough coins and get the full amount back.

Hardly would call that a rebate, a rebate is some slip of paper you got with your new purchase that if you fill that in correctly and mail off that and the receipt and did not fail to make the tiniest possible mistake in the whole process you may get your refund. The above is pretty much guaranteed, except for the possibility of getting 30 days worth of the worst rng possible on foraging.

A rebate is essentially a refund used as an incentive to purchase something. In the marketing world, rebates are known colloquially as a tax on the disorganized.

What you just described requires a lot of steps that far outweigh the writing out a mail in rebate form (Which is used for data mining), or taking your week old second hand game to Gamestop. (Which is a whole other, awful type of scam entirely)

Perhaps the most interesting facet of all, is that Wurm's version of the rebate requires a third party (consumers looking to purchase 10 silver on the forums) - and is not in anyway offered by CodeClub AB itself. The value of the rebate is entirely dependent on a third party market, often dependent on how much effort you're willing to put into it. Most will just ignore the rebate potential entirely. Hence the reason we call them taxes on the disorganized.

Edited by Dairuka
Rebates are the worst types of refunds possible.

Disregard my comment lol, turns out i never looked at the "premium+coins" section. Thanks, Dairuka the haiku master. :P Still i believe that reducing the cost of the 1st month could be positive. Although it could also result in people gettimg more eternal storage alts for less money. Tie this discount to e-mail rather than character, maybe? Still easily bypassable...

14 minutes ago, zigozag said:

Disregard my comment lol, turns out i never looked at the "premium+coins" section. Thanks, Dairuka the haiku master. :P Still i believe that reducing the cost of the 1st month could be positive. Although it could also result in people gettimg more eternal storage alts for less money. Tie this discount to e-mail rather than character, maybe? Still easily bypassable...

A lower pricing model,

only benefits,

the existing customers.

This could be very good since,

Wurm's retention lacks.

The downside; lower profits.

Lower profits mean less growth,

less growth is awful.

Wurm needs it's growth to survive.

Games sell on merit alone,

and Wurm has merit,

just piss poor advertising.

The general public lacks,

any clue of Wurm,

and what it has to offer.

This is less a failure of,

retention; pricing,

more: failure of marketing.

Of course, this might all be part,

of a downsizing,

meant since Wurm Unlimited.

Edited by Dairuka
Haikutastic.
  • Like 3

I don't think I ever said the game was to expensive, if I did I was probably drunk but I really don't see why we the players can't have a few changes..:mellow:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niki said:

I don't think I ever said the game was to expensive, if I did I was probably drunk but I really don't see why we the players can't have a few changes..:mellow:

Better yet why the players can't discuss change or possibilities constructively without being trolled to death by the very few who are excessively inclined towards picking fights for entertainment purposes.

• Like 1

I've been following this general topic a while now and I agree that WO likely won't survive in its current form if premium prices stay as they are.  However, I really don't see the point in arguing/debating it any further.  

Your choices:

1. If you you like the WO community enough and want to support the future development of WO, drop the argument and simply keep paying premium at whatever the rate is.  The market and subscriptions will eventually decide the longevity of WO and whether the premium price changes or not.  

2. Hop on the WU bandwagon and play on private servers.  The top 10 aren't going anywhere anytime in the foreseeable future.  Find one with a rule set you like and build your own community.  Save yourself the monthly premium costs.

Bottom line - the bickering won't change anything.  I made my choice and haven't regretted it once.  Make yours.  

5 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Better yet why the players can't discuss change or possibilities constructively without being trolled to death by the very few who are excessively inclined towards picking fights for entertainment purposes.

1) The hypocrisy 

2) The irony in the hypocrisy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hashirama said:

1) The hypocrisy 

2) The irony in the hypocrisy

+1

2 minutes ago, zigozag said:

51Nki2q.png

Like all the great haiku's of history, it's missing stanzas.

You also took one of the edits that had a syllable mistake in it. (Less growth is bad = 4.)