Sign in to follow this  
Hashirama

To people who keep stressing on reducing the premium cost

You are out of line. You can suggest nice changes which affect our gameplay, but asking the person who made the game to size the premium payment to suit the personal needs of the players is too much.

I have not seen any games which implement suggestions like wurm. Contrary to what people may think, the suggestions do get implemented. More than half of my suggestions were put into game very shortly after I made them.

But ofcourse that is not enough and then people start to comment out of their league, seriously play the game. If you don't think it's fun and worth your 8 euro a month, leave please. Do not whine.

You can even play on a f2p toon!

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 3

It is not necessary for every player to have every priest with batteries in this game. All kinds of crafters and smiths. That is something all new players and old vets have been doing. The price is more accounts to premium for such people.
The game is a market, if you want to control all kinds of priests and smiths under yourself, then pay premium for more characters. Don't ask the game makers to reduce premium payment just because you need more alts and it is more convenient for you.

And seriously, if anyone in the right mind says "I have 1 account only but I find 8 euro too steep for 1 month of premium", that is......well....stupid... and even for that person there is an option to earn in game silver by COUNTLESS MEANS!

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rolandt said:

Price of Wurm is fine, people complain about this?

Look at the doom and gloom threads. People saying and provoking others to agree that monthly subscription is higher than it should be. Kinda pathetic when you know many of those people have 10-12 alts and don't wanna pay full premium for all those accounts.

Also, many people using this as a reason for the decline in population in wurm. Maybe people left to play other games? new ones will come, but thats too hard for people to understand I guess. 

/sarcasm
Has to be the tooo steep premium payment!

/sarcasm

Edited by Hashirama

Actualy, i agree with Hashi on this to every single word. With 8 euros per month and a countless ways to earn money ingame you get much more than you payed for this beutifull game. It's a bargain already :) When i first started more than 2 years ago i played f2p toon for months untill i could pay the game and had tons of fun

• Like 2

I hate to agree, but I am tired of all these doom and gloom threads and the ones who think they are financial gaming wizards and so full of themselves to assume they know the finances of a private company and make all these long winded speeches like some old ###### of a politician from there soap box in a attempt to make themselves seem more knowledgeable than the next person.

• Like 3

I did exactly what kochinac did, it took me a few months to establish stable premium. But once I had it, I could enjoy all the features that anyone else could without putting a single dollar in the game. How many games allow that? How amazing is that?

Agreed, premium is fine at 8 euros per month.

Instead of prem'ing alts for mining, for woodcutting, for digging and masonry, or other crafting skills (one-shot wonder alts), how about skilling the skills up yourself or ya know, working together with another player.

• Like 2

It might be to steep for newcomers that are not yet hooked on Wurm enough to buy 2 months for 16eur, so might get in line of promoting playercount increase. Just a thought here.

Edited by zigozag

If you can't afford 8euro(Or currently $11.77 Canadian) , you have more things to worry about then playing a game.  
Price is fine where it is and all these kids "crying" about the price lately are starting to just get trollish.

• Like 5

Keeping a business and a game running costs money. Paying staff and devs costs money. And yes it is a business there must be a profit to have it worth running it.

8EUR per month per prem is absolutely fine, you really can also earn it ingame even on a fresh toon. Don't even need to touch any of the market for that.

Almost always I do pay all the prems in the family from the shop, being it the best price/value option for me.

How much is that 8EUR? What great other entertainment service you get for that money per month?

• Like 1

I'm leaning towards an increase in premium rates actually.  Granted this concept would come packaged with another positive, and not just a price increase for the heck of it.  Hard to say what exactly would work and what wouldn't, but I think some shifting would allow for minimal increases and players could still be very happy with the results.  All just speculative ideas, of course.

I don't understand why people are leaving or people are thinking of leaving. I don't even know if people are leaving or not.
All I know is that recently the game has gotten really cool features that made my gameplay a lot of fun. Plot course, bridges, countless nice additions to game. Rift system, I dont think me or anyone I know are going anywhere. Changing the premium system that has been going on for a long time would cause some mess though. I think it's fine as it is right now and no changes are needed.

Imo they should let people buy in one month, possibly reoccuring, for 9eu. That way the 2 month looks better, AND encourages people to pay for the one month using real money instead of silver.

It definetly doesnt need to be lowered. It used to be around 26$usd for 2 months, but its dropped alot because of conversion. So its technically lowered already.

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicrolis said:

Imo they should let people buy in one month, possibly reoccuring, for 9eu. That way the 2 month looks better, AND encourages people to pay for the one month using real money instead of silver.

It definetly doesnt need to be lowered. It used to be around 26$usd for 2 months, but its dropped alot because of conversion. So its technically lowered already.

This idea could possibly be useful.  I'm looking to start a discussion on IRC about such concepts and more in the near future.  You should partake.

im always in the irc. even if im not at the computer at the time, ill be able to read it later.

1 minute ago, Nicrolis said:

im always in the irc. even if im not at the computer at the time, ill be able to read it later.

It'll most likely be in a separate channel, but I'll shoot you a message if/when this takes place so you can drop by to check it out.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

Price seems fair to me.

Edited by BuddyDude
no use fighting it, I retract, all is fine, the game is flourishing!!

1 minute ago, BuddyDude said:

Price seems fair to me. The bigger problem to me seems like it is impossible to get into end game unless you are part of the staff or in the inner circle. The game is fun, the end game is locked down and the player base suffers as a result.

I feel like all this stuff is hidden from Rolf and he does not know that is happens. Keeping him in the dark lets this continue until the game declines past the point of no return. When I see dragon armor for sale it is either a staff selling it or a friend of staff and someone in the inner circle of the staff.

The cronyism is real and a problem. Everyone I see speak up gets shouted down. I hope they do something, I love this game, it is amazing.

I find a lot of confusion when reading this comment.  You mentioned "end-game," but what do you mean by that?  Wurm Online doesn't have any type of fluent story or campaign--it truly is an open sandbox crafting game.  With that in mind there isn't really an end-game to speak of.  If you come at it thinking there is some set-in-stone end-game to be had, then I think you might have it confused with other MMO's.  I don't play PvP, so I'm not sure how important the concept of an end-game is to them, but in PvE world (the largest population) there is no direct end-game.  The true end-game is whenever you choose to stop playing Wurm--whenever you're "satisfied" with your experience.  At that point it doesn't matter what others have achieved or what items they've acquired, it only matters if you've done what you wanted to do, and that is exactly what a sandbox allows you to do--whatever you want.   Does that make sense?

As far as conspiracies go I won't jump into that bed.  I don't have the heart for feeding conspiracies, as that was never my boat, so I lean more towards not drawing too many lines to random dots if you can help it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BuddyDude said:

Price seems fair to me. The bigger problem to me seems like it is impossible to get into end game unless you are part of the staff or in the inner circle. The game is fun, the end game is locked down and the player base suffers as a result.

I feel like all this stuff is hidden from Rolf and he does not know that is happens. Keeping him in the dark lets this continue until the game declines past the point of no return. When I see dragon armor for sale it is either a staff selling it or a friend of staff and someone in the inner circle of the staff.

The cronyism is real and a problem. Everyone I see speak up gets shouted down. I hope they do something, I love this game, it is amazing.

You posted something similar in another thread, and i have only 1 question to you: "What in the world are you even talking about?"

Guessing he is talking about Unique hunts which usually get locked down fast

• Like 1

1 minute ago, enoofu said:

Guessing he is talking about Unique hunts which usually get locked down fast

I guess if one considers that their personal end-game.  Even then, it's still possible to get in on them.  This is a sandbox game.  The options are pretty much limitless on setting your end-game up as whatever you want it to be.  It might not always be easy to get in on unique hunts, but it certainly isn't possible.  That's one of the side-effects of being in an open sandbox without instances--you have to share the world and the experiences within.