Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Add cosmetic shop or trader/merchant

because this proves how badly people want to look cool.  I'm very jealous of the future owner of this hat. 

Additionally, I'd like to see cosmetics a fast switching option to and from the real armor we wear.  Come to the dragon hunt and socialize in your party gear, then swap to real armor for the fight.  I do not want to see cosmetics as a skin we wear over our real armor.  I know that would be terrible for pvp and frankly, it looks dumb when people are out fighting in a tux.

Make the cosmetics tradable and mailable.

Yet another request for this, but it is money Code Club is leaving on the table.  It could easily pull in more $$$ than subscriptions and deeds, if they stock the store well and price the gear right.

• Like 4

I'm with you, don't understand why they don't take advantage of this when a ton of other games do it.

• Like 1

I like the idea of blueprints you can purchase from traders. Blueprints allow you to create one cosmetically different version of an item. For instance, you can make a long-sword that looks like a roman gladius.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ramaraunt said:

Glad to see my suggestions are making waves.

+1

um... your suggestion is also the suggestion of countless others over the years ;)  I normally would go link to previous suggestions when renewing an old request like this, but the plumed hat auction seemed like the best case I could make for this feature.

• Like 2

Even if it's not a cash shop item, I'd love to see new styles of armor or clothing that are craftable. Free us from the jester costume!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ramaraunt said:

Glad to see my suggestions are making waves.

+1

As Wurmhole stated, this idea of selling cosmetic and other types of items within the Wurm Shop has been brought up many times over the years before your arrival, so at least those whom with which you agree by making a similar suggestion most recently may be glad to see your concurrence.

Even not so long ago (2 years now maybe?) Rolf did sell an exclusive limited edition of a Green Hat Gnome but he used another completely disassociated website of questionable repute to do so, inadvertently showing that this concept was a good one and worked effectively, since within a week or so all the 200 GH Gnomes sold out, probably purchased only by players of Wurm anyway.

Not a new or novel idea, just one that has never been taken advantage of to the games profitability and player interest in these various potential Wurm Shop items. Yea, some players dream up things to complain about if this is done but I think the greater deterrent would be the time needed to setup a system like this within the Wurm Shop and since the god of Wurm has his somewhat un-godlike mind focused upon other things little of it will be turned in this direction.

Like most "ingenious" ideas presented within this section, many show up at the gates but few are chosen. Amen then and on to the next world!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

as always though, a silver shop, and either a purely cosmetic, or just a reskin of current models that doesn't mess with pvp server stuff.
aka no tux pls

They already said they were going to expand on the trader items it is meant to come with the other stuff that they are working on for the big update. Now as to what that is i have no idea but i would guess that it will be things like this. 

Something as awesome as plumed or horned helmet should not be available at 25 bucks on the shop... that would take away its rarity as a whole if everyone was wearing one. Maybe other items, but definitely not the challenge masks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hashirama said:

Something as awesome as plumed or horned helmet should not be available at 25 bucks on the shop... that would take away its rarity as a whole if everyone was wearing one. Maybe other items, but definitely not the challenge masks.

totally agree. Well, mostly agree... well, partly agree... what is the difference of someone buying a plumed helm from someone that won it, or buying from a shop?  Either way, the person that is now wearing it is only doing so, because they forked out cash or some kind of trade.

If you want ingame rewards to be truly unique and show that the wearer earned every bit of it, then it has to be bound to that person.  All that said, I would like to see cosmetics remain unique and ingame rewards remain unique.  We should be able to look and recognize the origins of something.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

totally agree. Well, mostly agree... well, partly agree... what is the difference of someone buying a plumed helm from someone that won it, or buying from a shop?  Either way, the person that is now wearing it is only doing so, because they forked out cash or some kind of trade.

If you want ingame rewards to be truly unique and show that the wearer earned every bit of it, then it has to be bound to that person.  All that said, I would like to see cosmetics remain unique and ingame rewards remain unique.  We should be able to look and recognize the origins of something.

I know, but having plumed helmet in shop will for one: make it more common as even if it is priced at 400 dollars, many people will big wallets will buy it.
If it is priced even 50, many people will buy it and make it less rare. I do not own one, I would love to own one, still think its rarity will fall down because items in shop have no limit, they are countless. People can acquire them. Rather than items in the shop, maybe personal skins and such stuff would be much better imo, even spyglass and stuff like that.
So yea if unique items like plumed helmet stay unique, I am totally up for some other items, not sure what though.

Maybe masks or items that are not as pretty as the plumed helmet :P
Personally I want it to stay unique, thats why.

meh, should stop limting so much of the art to challenge winners and stuff like that

make current ones fantastic or something to please those who put money and effort getting them and allow new ones to bought/crafted/looted or whatever

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:19 PM, Kegan said:

They already said they were going to expand on the trader items it is meant to come with the other stuff that they are working on for the big update. Now as to what that is i have no idea but i would guess that it will be things like this. 

It would definitely be a mistake to sell any of these items on Traders since those who have amassed a large amount of silver coins *looks at you* would just purchase these items off Traders and thus reduce the Wurm Shop income potential significantly.

Yes, I realize that a number of players would like to see these new purchasable items on Traders as well as within the Wurm Shop and this is exactly why. They are not concerned about generating more income for the game by these means but only getting their hands on them for as little RL money output as possible. This pretty much negates the reason for setting these purchases up within the Wurm Shop to begin with. 

Same game being played here. Nothing new. No surprise. Hopefully this loophole won't once again be opened for the silver collectors advantage at the game's expense. If this happens this suggestion is useless for game income generation and I would have no interest in supporting it, as if that is of any significance.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ayes said:

*snip*

They have already said they were expanding the trader items nothing was said about any new cash shop being put in. Regardless of how people get their money it is all bought from the website at some point and is how he has his "cash shop" setup.  (buy the gold then buy your items from the trader in the game) 

Now if he wants to make a new item shop i am fine with that too the people with gold can just sell it and use the euro from that to buy the items they want. I just did the same thing a few days ago for my years premium it saves me 40s/e over paying with silver and gets me 12 sleeping powders too.

Edited by Kegan

15 minutes ago, Kegan said:

Regardless of how people get their money it is all bought from the website at some point and is how he has his "cash shop" setup.

Nonsense. We have been over this point long ago and while some players purchase their silvers from the Wurm Shop, others drain this into their own pockets to use for paying for their Wurm expenses while in turn reducing their game expenses in the process. Not worth going over this all again in any detail since some simply refuse to admit that this is what they are doing. Not hard to understand anyway.

=Ayes=

On 11.04.2016 at 7:09 PM, Ramaraunt said:

I like the idea of blueprints you can purchase from traders. Blueprints allow you to create one cosmetically different version of an item. For instance, you can make a long-sword that looks like a roman gladius.

This suggestion should have its own topic. Blueprints for creating a good looking functional weapon/armour would be a great addition to the game