Sign in to follow this  
Smwoodburn

Customization for weapons, armor, shields and ships, jewelry

Hey everyone just curious if anyone else would like a more customized system? Where, when you are crafting an item you can put emblems and such on shields and shape them different ways based on your personal preference. Size would still be the same small, medium and large but shape and ability to form different types would be based upon skill level and possibly even thickness as well which would add more durability or last longer but cause it to be heavier and slower block speed depending on thickness.

As for weapons: instead of just plain styles of each weapon be able to do things like engravings in the ax handles and shape the heads differently and swords bend them and shape them how you would like this is of course just for looks as to give is more personality and suit it to your style nothing necessarily as a bonus.

As for armor: we all know the armor already looks pretty awesome but, I personally would like to see more of a customized look for each type of armor as such mainly crests on chest plates and layering options colors and dye applications with the dye system already in currently being used just being able to apply to different sections of the armor yes original color would be stronger and more prominent than if you were to dye it but this would give a wider variety.  Also, being able to change the looks of each piece adding leather straps like gladiators or furs onto leather as more of a viking Nordic look for example. Maybe even apply animal claws to leather gauntlets, or use dragon wings and turn them into a cape of that dragons color? These are just examples of course.

As for jewelry: we all know that a lot of the items have only a couple of uses but what if there was a system in place where you can actually use that shark, bear, wolf, dragon, death crawler teeth and claws to make a necklace out of it. Maybe use Leather straps and gems to make a headband of sorts with a gem in the middle of it.

As for ships: In my opinion, the ships we have already look pretty cool but lets see if we can make them a bit more. I suggest that when beginning every ship you have the option to choose from a menu firstly what ship you wish to build, have an entire menu with tabs first tab would be ship: rowboat, sailboat, corbita, knarr, cog, caravel and everything required for it would be the same if you just wanted to make a plain one. The second tab would be an additive tab where you can choose how it looks item wise....for example the knarr has shields on the side of it what if you were able to change those to ropes or add banners to the side maybe even hang lanterns over the side of bigger ships or next to the doors to captains quarters on bigger ships? Also, maybe add hay on the flooring in the ship maybe customize the seating by adding pelts or furs even wooden seats or chairs and position them on the ship same frame but the way it looks would be different. Could line the rims of the ships with gems, chains or plain bones, or severed heads etc with a choice of preset templates positioned in different places. This would add a variety of new drop possibilities from mobs and give more use to items that either do not have many to begin with or already have many uses. Furthermore, weapon racks placed on big ships and maybe shapes of the sails? Now on the third tab there would be an option to place emblems on the sails and should you choose to keep the shields on the ship those as well, maybe even keep the shape of each animal skulls of that particular animal as such a wolf skull would looks like a wolf skull on the side of the ship or wherever.  Each gem you add would look like that gem on the side of the ship or wherever you template it to be. Also, would like to be able to dye different parts of the ship say you want black sails with a skull and cross bone emblem on it have white or red or something colors and be able to drag a template onto those. Finally, on the last tab it would be a requirement for everything you chose to add to the ship and such everything you would need to do so including: materials and skill requirements and highlighted red if you are not able to do so and will have to go back and adjust accordingly. then a finalization and the unfinished item placed in front of you as normal. Examining the unfinished ship plan will show everything you needed to add to it. Also, if you are buying a particular ship from a shipbuilder and would want to customize you will be able to either go there and work it out with them how you want it or team up with the person and have a share build option with both people as to show up on screen but the initiator would be the one the skills and ability would be based off of.

The amount of templates and other such additives you could use either total or per individual section of said item (ship, armor, weapon etc..)would be based on a mind logic skill and the level of that particular skill combined. For example, for ships you would need a 30 mind logic to add 3 templates to a section or sail but also 30 ship building to be able to complete that amount? As such for the rest of the items for armor youd need mind logic for say the way your armor looks the amount of changes you could apply when crafting dependent upon mind logic and as for being able to successfully do so would require leather working with same method.

Now i know this is a lot and I am not even expecting this to be entirely considered but it would be nice to look into for the future with updates. I also understand that some of these items mentioned would be difficult to achieve the process for and would either not happen or take many updates to achieve. I would just like some input and anything else my fellow Wurmians would like to see with this topic if it is even a shared desire to see? Please leave your comments below and lets see where this goes!!! :D thank you for your time and patience!

Edited by Smwoodburn
  • Like 1

+1 i would love to see this, and get the feeling we will probably see it in the future but will take time like everything else ;)

• Like 1

yes indeed :) everything worth it always takes time :) this is just to start that timer and get what was in my head out into the thoughts and minds of others haha

• Like 1

TL;DR, but i sign under any customization option (unless there is a soul selling agreement hidden in the text), that won't make, say, iron items look the same as gold or seryll, you get the idea.

+1

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 1

+1 but me and alot of people been barking up the customization tree for quite some time now i would love to personalize my goodies but i think this is a task the wurm team would have to put quite the effort into to acomplish

with the 2 people they lost from the team may take some time to find replacements but i will watch closly and hope 

• Like 1

Always been for such systems... especially using silver >.>

Love that metal. Not to mention ebony or obsidian in combination.

No idea if such is possible with the current model system, aside from making custom textures and models... everytime. (not that I'm against this if its a moneysink to offset the dev time)

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Yessss i would love to see ebony and obsidian added to Wurm as well love both of those!

As for the money system it also requires people to either pay for premium to get the skills to build such items or buy silver in order to pay for such items. It would increase money flow and possibly even fix the economy and in the process of doing so attract more attention of a new crowd of gamers. Maybe even add a new skill for customization, or better yet to make it in the devs best interest add a contract in the trader store that cost say 10s for either a set amount of time you can customize through that contractor vender that you place on your deed just like a merchant or have a set amount of times that you can customize an item. This will also allow money flow from the creators themselves directly into the devs even if its just for a set amount of time? The creators of custom items would either be paying for personal use or to build custom items and ships that they sell and make more money from to then buy another after lets say a 10s contract 30-50 uses and they make 50s-1gold depending on what they do, custom ships would obviously cost a decent amount more as would custom heavy armor and dragon armor and such.

Honestly another thing id like to see come back is wood colors based up type of wood.

i'd say:

+1 for the weapon: best if additional metals could be used on weapons and have their own colour

+1 for the armor part: at least please make dyes on armor visible.

+1 for jewels: more types would be great. Also add the rarity shine on them

i'm pretty neutral on the ships: the increase in complexity, models, cpu load for all the things you posted would be huge as much as the work needed to put them in place, However using bridge-like menus for ships seems the right way to have ship customization done in a simple and reliable way. Still, two things are easy to implement and would be a good start: Give diffrent textures for different wood types, and add a slight speed bonus to every ship based on QL...

• Like 1

I absolutely love all of these ideas!! I would love to see these things implemented, even if it's only to a smaller degree. Although it would be ideal if these things got implemented in a larger fashion :D

• Like 1