Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

More favor for sacrificing animals

Currently, sacrificing an animal gets you 7 favor, maximum, possibly getting you less depending on the age of the animal.

This is really bad.

Animals aren't exactly in infinite supply, so why not increase the amount of favor you get from sacrificing one? 1-7 favor is so low it's hardly worth doing except in case of emergency. Multiplying the current values by 4 or 5 would actually give people an incentive to do it.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 3

I only recently found out about the very possibility of sacrificing animals in the wild, but 7 favour kills the purpose, so +1

+1. I had loads of fun sacrificing animals when it was first released, if only for the novelty of it. But when it turned out to be useless favor-wise, it turned into another wasted feature. I wouldn't even mind giving up veggies as a saccable for Lib if we got max favor for saccing animals.

12 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Currently, sacrificing an animal gets you 7 favor, maximum, possibly getting you less depending on the age of the animal.

This is really bad.

Animals aren't exactly in infinite supply, so why not increase the amount of favor you get from sacrificing one? 1-7 favor is so low it's hardly worth doing except in case of emergency. Multiplying the current values by 4 or 5 would actually give people an incentive to do it.

one time i went pvping on mrh when i just priested up, only had 30 faith so it was hard keeping nolocate cast on me and kellyt

so for favor i brought a blessed bowl and a sac knife and sacced peoples horses :)

• Like 2

multiplying by 4 or 5 is too much.   That would make animals the most useful sacable that require zero skill to produce(Que the passive aggressive steppe wars on PVE).  Multiply by 2, at most.    
Also the favor is not 1-7, it's 4.5-7.  

+1, but I think bonus for sacrificing wild animals should be much smaller than for domesticated ones (and good/bad traits should be considered as well).

Bigger value/time invested = bigger reward.

• Like 2

Bump, as I want to see improvements to this system too.

Would it be viable to tweak it so they give deed bonus? (similar to valrei items)

How much they give could scale according to age. How many it should take to get full deed bonus, I am not sure, that would have to be tested. The time investment required should probably be in line with the crafting of items to sacrifice and searching for valrei items.

In addition, all the deities could have their own animal preferences. Rams for Magranon, pigs for Fo, bulls? for Vynora?

Thanks!

Finally a way to turn the local supreme tower guard into favor making machine, yesss!!

+++1

--edit

Is it possible to sac guards or fish bodies for favor?

Edited by Finnn

27 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Is it possible to sac guards or fish bodies for favor?

No, you sacrifice alive animals that you are leading.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, zigozag said:

No, you sacrifice alive animals that you are leading.

not including pets right?

and +1 to OP

edited

Edited by drvst

On 6/2/2017 at 11:45 AM, Yiraia said:

not including pets right?

and +1 to OP

OMG That's even better!  Tame the animal... make it your beloved pet... feed it sweet, tender cuts of meat... make it love you... NOW MURDER IT FOR YOUR GOD! 

Yes please. This version.  +1