Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Wurm Online: Let's Talk Money

28 minutes ago, Niki said:

haven and hearth is a better example...I play that game quite often and even they have hats for sale also! 

proof it can be done:

cF69g3M.jpg

Hats!!  I would pay real money to have more hats!!  Clothing and decor items are hot in any game! Microtransactions are making game developers rich - why not Rolf and CC?

6 hours ago, VentureCo said:

AHAHAHAHA

I never said it worked well. It was just one of my jobs. Even a little seed of doubt was a powerful tool. Everybody runs false flag propaganda in EvE.

Edited by Dairuka

Spinning silver rims for my carts and wagons.

Cash shops for aesthetic items and skins do have a proven track record; though, such do require more art dev time.  A tricky balance of time and investment.

Perhaps when they run short on current model work.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Polls would be better. This will be a very small group of people who most likely don't represent current players as a whole or future potential customers. These type of things are always dominated by a handful of squeaky wheels.

1. Why did you let your premium laps?

2. I see you like play WU, have you tried WO? If you have, why didn't you stay?

Is it possible to do targeted audience advertising for games? Only certain types will like Wurm.

There are several types of players, neither of who is happy. Of course there are mixed, who like bit from everything, those are better off, but I would like to focus on three groups…

There are builders, who focus on building their deed, but sadly, when their project is finished, all that is left for them is maintenance mode, which makes them bored and they leave.

There are grinders, well, those people have been quite ok until now, although they are very likely to participate on the market. But as market is currently in a very bad shape, it means, that they have no goal to work on, so they are leaving too.

There are also PvP-ers. Honestly I don’t want to spark another flamewar about pvp-ers vs pve-rs.. I just say, that what they want from the game doesn’t necessarily overlap with the other types of wurm players.

There are probably some more, but three major groups is enough. :)

My whole point of bringing out different groups is, that each one of those group thinks that their playstyle is superior to others.. Builders think, that those, who like to earn a few bucks in the game suck.. grinders think that PvP-ers suck and PvPers think that everyone else sucks. Every type wants dev focus(which is logical as everyone wants to have better experience), but sad thing is, that improvements to one group can have serious negative impact on other groups. And THAT is the biggest problem of Wurm, devs make changes(of course good thing is, that there are added features etc) without thinking about the consequences. That is the attitude of the devs, „let’s make a change, we have no real idea, how it will impact something, but we can change it later“.. In current situation changing things for the sake of „then players see, that we listen“ only deepens the problem. Add lack of long-term vision into the mix and you see why Wurm is not blooming right now.

THIS is what should be discussed about, price of premium or any payment model of the game is pointless, when the game itself is standing on shaky legs. Think, how to mold all those different approaches into one big happy Wurm family. :) Big question is... is this even possible?

Do I see this right? Is this really a discussion about how to have a discussion about a discussion?

8 hours ago, Magykal said:

Hats!!  I would pay real money to have more hats!!  Clothing and decor items are hot in any game! Microtransactions are making game developers rich - why not Rolf and CC?

Been suggested countless times, threads inevitably derailed by those who want exclusivity on it to sell for IRL cash/silver-to-not-spend-own-cash.  Reminiscent of they who said that multi-story housing would ruin Wurm (should have bookmarked that historic gem).

2 hours ago, Eobersig said:

Do I see this right? Is this really a discussion about how to have a discussion about a discussion?

470075.jpg

I guess not much had changed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eobersig said:

The point of the thread was just to receive feedback on having said discussion planned and scheduled for any interested.  So far it has garnered 3 pages of responses, some of which are pretty simple and to the point, and others of which that are not.  I'm grateful for the feedback, but the purpose of this thread was to generally receive a "yes I'm interested, schedule it" or "no, I'm not interested."  I've already emailed Rolf about holding said discussion, now I'm just poking the forums to see if it's worth the time--do people want it?

How people respond to that question isn't really up to me, but I have requested it to stay on track.  I can't really help what happens after that.  I hope that clears up your confusion.

I've had personal conversations with a few individuals who didn't understand the point of this proposed discussion and were confused as to the end goal overall.  It was brought to my attention that the title seemed misleading and the main post gave the impression that the intention here is to tell Rolf how to run CC.  This is not the intention, and the main post, as well as the title, has been edited to clarify the overall goal and purpose.  Let me know if it makes more sense in its new state.  Thank you!

I was informed today that collecting data and feedback on any payment model for Wurm Online is improper.  Such data is deemed useless and collecting it is an act in futility.  Due to the unnecessary nature of payment feedback, I will likely change this discussion into a list of possible suggestions for the game which do not involve any changes to premium, multi-linked premium accounts, f2p models, etc.  After these changes the discussion itself may prove unworthy, and will instead be transformed into polls of a sort--haven't decided on that yet.  Thanks.

Edited by Slickshot

18 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

I was informed today that collecting data and feedback on any payment model for Wurm Online is improper.  Such data is deemed useless and collecting it is an act in >>>futility<<<.

Ahh, I suspected all along that resistance was futile. I sense the work of the Borg here in an attempt to make us all mindless automatons assimilated into the collective Wurm consciousness with all contrary thought processes drained out as a result.

The only way out now is to join The Gnome Conspiracy in their not so secret attempt to wrest control from the god of Wurm and reform these worlds to their liking. Don't worry though since within my daydreams I have been touch with them for a long time now and I know that they much prefer the enslavement of the Wurm Hamster Power Generating Association to players to fuel their ambitious plans.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

You two really have the echo-chamber of self-promotion down perfectly.

Kudos on finding kindred spirits.

4 minutes ago, Dairuka said:

Kudos on finding kindred spirits.

Don't be jealous mate, it's unbecoming!

1 hour ago, Slickshot said:

Don't be jealous mate, it's unbecoming!

Then don`t try to impersonate higher intellectual standing. its insulting to both parties involved,,...

and as a fresh Wurmian as you spoke of you may want to listen to my opinion as i am the one  fish you seem to think CC can`t catch..

yet here in lies the irony... why not ask me a question , why did I come to Wurm, where did i used to go for my online scratch, why did I leave WU to join Wurm Online since trends support the opposite.. you may then improve your understanding, reshape your opinion and think before you step in the increasing shadow of a dinosaur foot...also why did Rolf come and visit me on my sad little deed on Xanadu and graciously say he like my deed and asked me a bunch of questions... yes my fan boy glasses fogged up but in hindsight  gained the understanding that Rolf has big heart and luvs his game, and luvs to see people living in his world; he luvs Wurm for the sake of Wurm and what we do with it.. then no wonder he stomped on you, you questioned his luv of the game and how it makes money... I spend countless hours playing and would love to spend more for 8 bucks a month come on....anyhow.. thats muy say when was this discusion again i`ll attend.. oh you dont say they did what well good luck... and happy Wurmin...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psalamon said:

Then don`t try to impersonate higher intellectual standing. its insulting to both parties involved,,...

and as a fresh Wurmian as you spoke of you may want to listen to my opinion as i am the one  fish you seem to think CC can`t catch..

yet here in lies the irony... why not ask me a question , why did I come to Wurm, where did i used to go for my online scratch, why did I leave WU to join Wurm Online since trends support the opposite.. you may then improve your understanding, reshape your opinion and think before you step in the increasing shadow of a dinosaur foot...also why did Rolf come and visit me on my sad little deed on Xanadu and graciously say he like my deed and asked me a bunch of questions... yes my fan boy glasses fogged up but in hindsight  gained the understanding that Rolf has big heart and luvs his game, and luvs to see people living in his world; he luvs Wurm for the sake of Wurm and what we do with it.. then no wonder he stomped on you, you questioned his luv of the game and how it makes money... I spend countless hours playing and would love to spend more for 8 bucks a month come on....anyhow.. thats muy say when was this discusion again i`ll attend.. oh you dont say they did what well good luck... and happy Wurmin...

Let's keep the topic on track please?  Thanks doc.

Edited by Slickshot

19 hours ago, Dairuka said:

Why include me within your resentment post? I had not referred to you in any manner or even acknowledged your existence for some time now. If you have some issue with Slickshot I suggest you direct it there and keep me out of it.

=Ayes=

2 minutes ago, Ayes said:

Why include me within your resentment post? I had not referred to you in any manner or even acknowledged your existence for some time now. If you have some issue with Slickshot I suggest you direct it there and keep me out of it.

=Ayes=

Don't feed it mate, just put it on ignore.  Feeding it will only cause derailment.