Sign in to follow this  
Smwoodburn

Ownership change after server hop

Ah yes, so this is the run down of what happened, but it is already resolved. I had made a trade with an alliance member. I traded my wagon for his and it showed ownership change into my name. i loaded the wagon and went on my way back home. Mind you i went to him in East Xanadu so i server hopped to pristine then to release then back to west Xanadu and moored my knarr at my deed unloaded the wagon and tried to embark commander and open the storage on it and i had no rights to do so so i examined and it stated that the ownership was not myself but a person named Nightshadow, in which the friend i traded with nor myself knew. i messaged Nightshadow they werent on so i messaged the maker they didnt know Nightshadow then posted in ca and they suggested fill out a ticket so in the process of doing so Astarte the Samurai God ;) popped up behind me before i could even type the first word and got the whole story my logs and everything then began the investigation and transferred it back to me and continued to look into it. This is just for records and a warning/heads up to keep your eye out for a situation like this in the future.

Wasn't the previous owner a member of a chaos kingdom? If the wagon was not embarked yet since used on chaos by a freedom account the first account who drives the wagon will be assigned as owner,even if it happens on a pve server.

Cant it be that the shown owner walked by after  the unload and hopped on as driver?

Edited by Jaz

The owner of the wagon was in east Xanadu drove it to the dock where we traded each other and i loaded onto my ship hopped servers back to west Xanadu and dropped off at my docks and immediately attempted to embark as commander and open it with no option to do so following that i examined it and the owner was not myself anymore. The situation has been resolved but this was for record purposes and letting people know about the issue as a precautionary measure.