Sign in to follow this  
JockII

The Decline Continues

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, enoofu said:

Minecraft (Mostly soloplayer)

 

Wait - who's playing Minecraft solo??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I blame those dirty pvpers.... should build a wall on the Chaos border to the rest of Freedom.

 

No need to worry about Epic ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fear is that the changes needed to bring more players to WO will also take away what makes WO unique. Then there won't be a reason to play WO because it will just become another black desert Korean mmo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I often wonder if i alone read Rolf and the other dev's posts.. change is comin ladies and germs we now have corporate interest in WO.. as of an earlier time there is corp people putting input into Wurm Online, yes that is true read the news.. there will be some interesting changes that are coming soon.. we shall see if WO sinks or swims.. so Rolf's baby has learned to walk and I think it will walk and then run and I still have 8 years of Wurm left in and me and at the current rate of 8 euro per month  its a heck of a lot less than rent and somedays i spend more time in wurm than in my apartment if you include work..... i have barely begun my career and i think WO will continue to grow and change and it is getting bigger, hence the changes in devs etc.. there is new interest in WO and WU .. btw i played WU as a newbie, thus honing my skill so i wouldnt be embarrassed at clashing skulls with all of you ...so there can be a progression from WU... the biggest complaint I HEAR ABOUT WO, is the time it takes to progress, (in my opinion lazy people who don't have the satisfaction of real achievement not like in WO.) but now there is an option WU, ( they can become a priest or a cha,mpion or whatever role they wanna play 5 minutes into thee server life when all animals at default levels are still young, so be it..when they lose the interest of playing with small groups, then can come to WO with some skill and not be laughed at, nor suprised when no elders support there endeavors... because i hate to say but there is an element of eliteism in Wurm and maybe thats why i want to be a part of it, because this is the only game i play, besides honing my skill on WU when my connection and regular players and vets have a right to feel proud of the game they shaped and damn all who don't enjoy the time it takes or the frustration at not being able to produce quality goods for sale,go out and earn it. that's the point.......and so sorry i ramble on and off topic but i am replying to and commenting on 20 posts at once, since i myself have grinding to do but feel the need to yell out my newbie opinion to all, because we are all the future of wurm, me, my neighbor and you guys the vets.. we are all the future of wurm..that we should agree on wholeheartedly...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ Psalamonalthough your wall of text was hard for me to read (simple minded aussie here) i think you have a fair point. However alot of people here voice their opinions in the way they do because they WANT this game to grow. So many come off as needy or perhaps they seem like they havent read the devs comments or posts. They have, but many want so many things for this game or seem to think they know what direction the game must take to succeed. There are so many ideas on how people think this game will grow, and many arnt bad ideas. But this small team of devs simply cant add all of it in in the time this community eats new content.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just checked the server graphs at the wurmpedia for how many money is in the game... and i was really shocked if the numbers are true...

 

Independence: 54790 gold

Deliverance: 24930 Gold

Exodus: 19910 Gold

Celebration: 11710 Gold

Pristine: 19590 Gold

Release: 14980 Gold

Xanadu: 67170 Gold

Chaos: 14980 Gold

 

if the server graphs from the wurmpedia is correct that who the hell is even buying silver and how many people are really paying for premium and silver via shop....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe me but i wish mods would just remove these posts.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Biervampyr said:

i just checked the server graphs at the wurmpedia for how many money is in the game... and i was really shocked if the numbers are true...

 

Independence: 54790 gold

Deliverance: 24930 Gold

Exodus: 19910 Gold

Celebration: 11710 Gold

Pristine: 19590 Gold

Release: 14980 Gold

Xanadu: 67170 Gold

Chaos: 14980 Gold

 

if the server graphs from the wurmpedia is correct that who the hell is even buying silver and how many people are really paying for premium and silver via shop....

 

You are a couple order of magnitude off. The economy graph is already in MegaIrons (a.k.a gold coins), so Indy has 547 gold.

 

1 gold = 100 silver = 10,000 copper = 1,000,000 iron = 1 MegaIron

 

This also includes inactive and banned accounts, and server travel shenanigans (i'm 99% sure that money is your bank will show up on multiple servers if you travel between them, until a restart).

 

All in all, i highly doubt the average WO player has more than a dozen or two silvers.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ahh ok thx for correcting me :) becouse i really was shocked at first when read this XD 

 

/edit ahh i noticed that i forgot the copper lol so i just made a simple math mistake...ok guys dont blame me please for that and just move on...theres nothing to see here :D 

Edited by Biervampyr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biervampyr said:

ahh ok thx for correcting me :) becouse i really was shocked at first when read this XD 

 

/edit ahh i noticed that i forgot the copper lol so i just made a simple math mistake...ok guys dont blame me please for that and just move on...theres nothing to see here :D 

My wife laughed at your math calculations.  ;)  Just teasin mate. lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Morrowen said:

My fear is that the changes needed to bring more players to WO will also take away what makes WO unique. Then there won't be a reason to play WO because it will just become another black desert Korean mmo.

Believe most people like most of what Wurm offers, majority of the complaints are about combat (PVP/PVE), Xana issues (Lag and mobs Spawns, plus traveling taking to long), New Faiths, Traders, Cooking,Meditation(Do to the rng and a few unbalanced abilities) and graphics(Missing Item graphics, and more advance visuals)

 

PS

Surprised the Mods didn't removed the tag "wurmisdead" on this tread since it seem counterproductive

Edited by enoofu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, enoofu said:

Believe most people like most of what Wurm offers, majority of the complaints are about combat (PVP/PVE), Xana issues (Lag and mobs Spawns, plus traveling taking to long), New Faiths, Traders, Cooking,Meditation(Do to the rng and a few unbalanced abilities) and graphics(Missing Item graphics, and more advance visuals)

 

PS

Surprised the Mods didn't removed the tag "wurmisdead" on this tread since it seem counterproductive

Perhaps they knew not of the tag.  Would seem FUD related so maybe now that it's mentioned it will be removed?  No clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bdew said:

All in all, i highly doubt the average WO player has more than a dozen or two silvers.

 

Would be interested to see the figures on that and other financials in Wurm, such as the top 5% and bottom 20% etc to get an idea of the distribution of silver.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Whisker said:

 

Would be interested to see the figures on that and other financials in Wurm, such as the top 5% and bottom 20% etc to get an idea of the distribution of silver.

 

 

 

lets find out

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June's seen a pickup. Servers seem more full than they used to. I think they realized that actual content is a good way to get people back.

 

The rifts, despite their problems are nice start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dairuka said:

June's seen a pickup. Servers seem more full than they used to. I think they realized that actual content is a good way to get people back.

 

The rifts, despite their problems are nice start.

 

New players/old players or just a ton of alts premd up for a month. The real numbers will come out in August.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The decline starts already! Already down nearly 100 since the peak for the 10 year anniversary. Hasn't even been 2 months yet :/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only got 1 sub left and so far no plans to renew that one lol. (Ends January 2017)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2016 at 11:47 PM, Milosanx said:

 

I would so prem up more character with this. I have been known to prem many characters before, but these days with many more games to play, I don't want to spend that money on extra characters at that price these days.

 

thats the first time i havent liked one of your comments.. i guess nothing suprises me anymore.. for me at less than 1 dollar a day for as many hours as i care to put in i am enjoying myself. thats good money for my mind.. people spend 3 dollars a day on cable tv whos getting the better deal..

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2016 at 2:29 AM, Rasu said:

Only got 1 sub left and so far no plans to renew that one lol. (Ends January 2017)

You may let it lapse and you may end up playing a few other games and im willing to bet within a few weeks to 3 months you will be back looking at what wurm is up to. 

 

There may be some good changes up ahead that you might like and that may benefit you in some ways, perhaps even as a non prem.

 

Fact remains as much as even I bash wurm for lack of updates or bad knee jerk reaction updates, there still isnt any games on the market quite like Wurm. 

 

Knowing a bit of what style game play you come from in wurm i can see you may be frustrated and have a sense of no hope and why bother playing. Hopefully one day the right type of changes and player mentality changes get implemented that will bring back that spark for you. Hate to see people who actually like the game for whatever reasoning stop playing, but everyone needs a break every now and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaurizioAM said:

Fact remains as much as even I bash wurm for lack of updates or bad knee jerk reaction updates, there still isnt any games on the market quite like Wurm. 

 

There is, It's called Wurm Unlimited. It's like wurm online, But better AND cheaper!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yall gotta be broke as hell complaining about a couple extra dollars, if you seriously aren't wanting to play because you needa pay like $3 USD more a month then idk what to tell you

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cornchips said:

yall gotta be broke as hell complaining about a couple extra dollars, if you seriously aren't wanting to play because you needa pay like $3 USD more a month then idk what to tell you

 

i think what they're saying is they dont want to pay for something that isnt fun anymore

 

Example: i wasn't having fun, so i let all my premiums lapse.  if the game appealed to me anymore i would reprem

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this