Sign in to follow this  
Sin

Remove twitter alers/event messages for Unique spawns

+1. More exciting for explorers or hunters to actually hunt the creature instead of being given a big fat hint to its existence.

-1, hunting and searching for uniques is one of the few things i actually like in wurm, no need to remove that

6 minutes ago, asdf said:

-1, hunting and searching for uniques is one of the few things i actually like in wurm, no need to remove that

This wouldn't remove that at all though? Lol. It would make hunting them more difficult, but not remove them from the hunt.  Not sure how you came up with that conclusion.

it very much would, i don't think that really needs an explanation, think for a moment

8 minutes ago, asdf said:

it very much would, i don't think that really needs an explanation, think for a moment

i forgot if you don't get a warning that a unique spawns that means it's actually not there oops
+1 to OP's suggestion.

Randomize the time a little bit more though, not sure what it's at now but I imagine it's a fixed time.

11 minutes ago, asdf said:

Read Stik's response (I'm agreeing with that guy, so weird).  A unique doesn't exist just because you get a free heads up when it spawns.  It would spawn with or without that alert. ;)

not knowing if one has spawned would be a huge turn off for searching since a ton of the effort would be wasted

maybe delay the rumour message by a few days though so people can stumble upon it without people going into search mode the moment it spawns

9 minutes ago, Worksock said:

not knowing if one has spawned would be a huge turn off for searching since a ton of the effort would be wasted

maybe delay the rumour message by a few days though so people can stumble upon it without people going into search mode the moment it spawns

I could see staggering the alert of alerts wouldn't be removed, but the alert should be withheld for at least a week.

1 hour ago, Sin said:

Title says it all, please fix

whats broken?

+1 make unique's better, remove shaker orbs from being mailed while your at it!

• Like 1

As i said in other thread Rumor feature is exactly same as information minister in PVP servers which is about to get removed. By removing this feature it would benefit real hunters and explorers not just people that leave their deed once a month once they see alert message. A random player stumbling upon unique 10-20 days after it spawned and he/she revealing it to village/ally/freedom is a rumor we only need here.

14 minutes ago, Sin said:

As i said in other thread Rumor feature is exactly same as information minister in PVP servers which is about to get removed. By removing this feature it would benefit real hunters and explorers not just people that leave their deed once a month once they see alert message. A random player stumbling upon unique 10-20 days after it spawned and he/she revealing it to village/ally/freedom is a rumor we only need here.

Sadly "freedom rumor" doesn't work much either. :) there was white hatchling near my Cele place, for some reason one of the guys, who lives close reported it to the gl-chat after he stumbled on it. I was away to make a delivery to the Xanadu at the time, but I checked server messages. Xallo put down the deed in 10-20 minutes and it was another private kill.

4 hours ago, rixk said:

Sadly "freedom rumor" doesn't work much either. :) there was white hatchling near my Cele place, for some reason one of the guys, who lives close reported it to the gl-chat after he stumbled on it. I was away to make a delivery to the Xanadu at the time, but I checked server messages. Xallo put down the deed in 10-20 minutes and it was another private kill.

People just need to wise up to the plague that is Xallo and Alyeska.  After that perhaps they won't be informed of so many unique hunts by others, and maybe, just maybe other hunting parties will be able to get that sweet dragon loot.  Just my opinion of course.

I don't see the need for it to be removed honestly it just seems like its being requested for removal so the people who know where to look and how to for that matter the higher level players that do nothing but hunt these and make a ton of money from what they get from killing it. it just seems unfair yes the lower level players wont be able to kill it of course but it allows more people to involve themselves in that awesome experience. yea you may or may not have more or less money in your personal pocket but that goes without saying the fact that these lower level people wont even be able to kill it by themselves so it keeps everyone involved and makes it more of an event instead im sure loads of people would love to just see these battles take place as it is an awesome sight let alone fun to participate. yea i can understand the difficulty of not being able to hit the dragon with so many people trying to hit it but that is why you fence it in and have an area for viewers to come see it.

What if instead they added a claim stake where it claimed a specific creature from a list of creatures in a say 20 tile radius that allowed the hunter/finder to lay claim to the slaying of said creature and they had an option to add whoever they chose to the list of slayers so both sides can equally participate both slaying and watching claim stake costs a bit to buy depending on rarity of creature and age and lasts a certain amount of time 1 day claim costs 50c 1 week costs 4s 1 month cost 15-20s which why would you wanna wait that long anyways? just an idea?

31 minutes ago, Smwoodburn said:

What if instead they added a claim stake where it claimed a specific creature from a list of creatures in a say 20 tile radius that allowed the hunter/finder to lay claim to the slaying of said creature and they had an option to add whoever they chose to the list of slayers so both sides can equally participate both slaying and watching claim stake costs a bit to buy depending on rarity of creature and age and lasts a certain amount of time 1 day claim costs 50c 1 week costs 4s 1 month cost 15-20s which why would you wanna wait that long anyways? just an idea?

I would be against this.

-1 for epic we don't have issues with uniques, pve can whatever